HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
You can read the manual of the gyro
Done plenty of that over the last month...Still can't reset the GA250, maybe I should put it in the freezer overnight to force a reset ?!

Quote:
Here is as example of configuration:
Ecilop Easy, GY520 gyro, S9257 sevo, weak springs,
Well I found 1 GY520 gyro at a good price and will try that out. Will it be OK with the MKS9670A servos I got from you (& standard springs)?
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
Done plenty of that over the last month...Still can't reset the GA250, maybe I should put it in the freezer overnight to force a reset ?!

Well I found 1 GY520 gyro at a good price and will try that out. Will it be OK with the MKS9670A servos I got from you (& standard springs)?
I'm not using those gyros. It will be better to use HK401 or another one
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:07 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
I'm not using those gyros. It will be better to use HK401 or another one
Yes, that's been my experience, the cheap HK401B gyro and MG930 servo have produced the best results.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:10 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
Quote:
I'm planning to release octa, but I can't say when it will be.
I can't wait

I really hopes it will take a 1kg+ camera + lens load (1.5kg would be great). Please don't forget about the lens weight in your design. Nowdays light bodys are quite good in term of quality, but if you want good image quality you need to have good glass, that means most of the weight and the cost is in the front (500-600g sounds a good bet).

I also hope it will be some kind of foldable, that makes a huge difference in practice.
I also hope we'll have the parachute option !

Alain
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:10 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Yes, that's been my experience, the cheap HK401B gyro and MG930 servo have produced the best results.
I must only agree
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Hmm, well the HK401s never turned up (ordered nearly 4 weeks ago), I think something must have gone wrong with the order. I'll try this GY520 and see how I get on when it arrives
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:37 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
had some good testing this morning. ecilop flys sooooo much better than the mini650, before event talking about the gimbal ha.

i used exactly the same components, and the ecilop flys SOLID. hands free hovering in atti mode, and gps mode i can push the frame anywhere. never managed to get it so stable on the min650, and i believe this is due to the frame flexing.

gimabl wise, im using hk401b and mg930s. i have my roll perfect dialed perfect i think. but still not quite managed to get the pitch right. there always seems a little lag in the responce.
not sure if this is the servo or the gyro, or something else. tried 2 servos. and 2 gyros.
maybe i should try another servo.
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
gimabl wise, im using hk401b and mg930s. i have my roll perfect dialed perfect i think. but still not quite managed to get the pitch right. there always seems a little lag in the responce.
Just a thought: I noticed that the springs were rubbing very slightly on the frame. I squeezed the ends with some pliers which gave greater clearance. I'm going to shim the pitch servo out a little too. This didn't cure my gyro problems, but rubbing could introduce a slight delay?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Hello, very interested in this platform.

I am an APM2 user though. Can anyone confirm whether I can use APM2 gimbal controls with this gyro setup? Or do I need a separate gimbal controller? I've never used separate gyros before and am still trying to understand the interface.

Thanks.
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:02 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
Hello, very interested in this platform.

I am an APM2 user though. Can anyone confirm whether I can use APM2 gimbal controls with this gyro setup? Or do I need a separate gimbal controller? I've never used separate gyros before and am still trying to understand the interface.
Thanks.
I use the APM2 with Ecilop quite succesfuly. With Hk401b gyro and tgy930 servo. And hours of tuning and adjusting. And still not totally succesfull.
Ulda is offline Find More Posts by Ulda
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulda View Post
I use the APM2 with Ecilop quite succesfuly. With Hk401b gyro and tgy930 servo. And hours of tuning and adjusting. And still not totally succesfull.
Thanks. Confused a bit though. You say you use it successfully, but not totally successful. What do you mean by that? Any info on setup? Are you able to configure in Mission Planner? Thanks again.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:54 PM
USA
Joined Aug 2009
828 Posts
Just wondering what some experienced users would say about prop and landing leg clearance of the ecilop easy for use with very wide lenses. Has anyone used a panisonic 7-14m m43 lens on ecilop? If so, is the camera placement such that there are no copter parts in your shot? Does anyone have any ideas/mods for how to use an extremely wide lense on the ecilop?
importon is online now Find More Posts by importon
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by importon View Post
Just wondering what some experienced users would say about prop and landing leg clearance of the ecilop easy for use with very wide lenses. Has anyone used a panisonic 7-14m m43 lens on ecilop? If so, is the camera placement such that there are no copter parts in your shot? Does anyone have any ideas/mods for how to use an extremely wide lense on the ecilop?

Regarding mods, I have an idea. I can't tell for sure from the product pictures, but it looks like that with one screw removed from the arm mount, there is enough room for it to swing out a bit. It may be possible to drill a secondary hole in the arm mount plate that would position the arms at 120 degree pairs front and back. Basically a flattened X pattern. Tri-copters use 120 degree arms up front with one centeral in the back. This basically just mirrors the 120 front and back. There is also the possibility for an X8 in this configuration using a bracket to stack motors on the arm (so long as there is enough clearance from the gimbal and the lower props). I've seen a successful build in this configuration on another copter and it was very stable with an increased FOV. Look up "XY8-ESOc" for an idea of what I am talking about.

One side effect would be the need for a modified landing gear configuration.
Last edited by InfinitR; Oct 15, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by importon View Post

flying without landing gear is always an option for me
(for example) take off from a box ...and catch it with your hand
Patscherpofel is online now Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel View Post
flying without landing gear is always an option for me
(for example) take off from a box ...and catch it with your hand
I'm doing the same