HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
electronics layout - revised

Here's a revised layout based on your feedback. I switched RX around and straightened the Naza to flight direction. I would still like an opinion on whether my ESCs are positioned OK before I wire up motors. Thanks
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:28 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post

7 - Thanks found that now: roll to F1, pitch to F2, but which port on the AR8000? I bought a Spektrum DX8i, and which switch do you find it best to assign gain to?
I have almost the same configuration at home - AR8000, Naza + GPS, DX8 TX...
Unfortunately I left my Ecilop in my office, but as far as I remember, I used following configuration:
- flap switch configures flight mode (normal, att, gps)
- elevator dual rate switch can trigger safe mode anytime I press it.. I used some mixer settings to the flaps signal
- F mode configures one of three different modes of gyro gain (I have configured it to 0, 43, and 53 - 43 is the normal gyro gain that works fine with my frame)
- knob is set to aux 3 channel, it configures the "pitch" of camera.
- Aux2 switch (on the right) is used to switch the "intelligent orientation mode"

I have also configured dual rates for pitch/roll - I am flying with quite high exponential...
I hope this helps
Cheers!
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyy View Post
- flap switch configures flight mode (normal, att, gps)
- elevator dual rate switch can trigger safe mode anytime I press it.. I used some mixer settings to the flaps signal
- F mode configures one of three different modes of gyro gain (I have configured it to 0, 43, and 53 - 43 is the normal gyro gain that works fine with my frame)
- knob is set to aux 3 channel, it configures the "pitch" of camera.
- Aux2 switch (on the right) is used to switch the "intelligent orientation mode"
Cheers!
Thanks that really helps Now waiting for some servo extension leads, RC switch, & bullet connectors to arrive to fix it all together.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Here's a revised layout based on your feedback. I switched RX around and straightened the Naza to flight direction. I would still like an opinion on whether my ESCs are positioned OK before I wire up motors. Thanks
Don't forget to post your harakiri pics here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144377

Might sound harsh but if you are not 100% sure what you are doing don't connect the battery. The Ecilop with the relatively large props isn't the right tool for making noob mistakes (learning by doing?). Once the fingers are off or your face is sliced it's too late to regret. Get a mini quad with harmless props for practicing. Just my 2 cents.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Once the fingers are off or your face is sliced it's too late to regret. Get a mini quad with harmless props for practicing. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks. I fully appreciate the dangers and have been crashing a Blade MQX for the last few months to get my RC skills out of mothballs. I'll only fly the Ecilop once I'm ready
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
That's good. I didn't mean so much the flying skills though but to get familiar with the typical multi-rotor components and how they work/behave. I don't have a Blade MQX but isn't that a RTF thingy? If it is, it won't help you much to understand how to DIY build a multi-rotor, as you have to now with the Ecilop, and then painful trial&error might occur.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Blade MQX but isn't that a RTF thingy? If it is, it won't help you much to understand how to DIY build a multi-rotor, as you have to now with the Ecilop, and then painful trial&error might occur.
It is RTF, and you have a good point. I'll start testing with blades off, then anchor the Ecilop down for first thrust tests. I'm not in any hurry. Back to soldering....
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
135 Posts
I, about to buy my camera. I was planning on the nex 5, but afyer reading a couple of reviews i am tempted to go for the 5n...Has anyone had real experience with both and made a real comparison? I
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:04 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizz101 View Post
I, about to buy my camera. I was planning on the nex 5, but afyer reading a couple of reviews i am tempted to go for the 5n...Has anyone had real experience with both and made a real comparison? I
I've owned and used both. For video the 5N is very much better, for stills it's better but the difference isn't so marked. IMO the 5N is the way to go.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:07 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
It is RTF, and you have a good point. I'll start testing with blades off, then anchor the Ecilop down for first thrust tests. I'm not in any hurry. Back to soldering....
Yes, and a way to crash a multi on takeoff is to have a wrong motor connection - with the props off you can check that the correct motors speed up and slow down when you tilt the aircraft. Also, watch for the NAZA numbering of motors (unusually, anticlockwise as viewed from above) and be sure of rotation of the motors (odd numbered motors anticlockwise) - errors in any of those result in an unflyable aircraft.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:08 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,543 Posts
First Chinese "stadicam" hexa, now exact copy of ecilop?
http://www.buychina.com/products/19494232452
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
heh, ZeroUAV at least tried to make *something* based on original Ecilop design.. these new chinese guys simply steal the whole frame.. unbelievable
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,057 Posts
At least they have a diference, wich is important. Square holes instead of circular... :-D
nicodh is offline Find More Posts by nicodh
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
If I were an RCG sponsor and this Chinese copycat came to RCG to steal my IP/product and promote the blatant copy then on RCG, I'd be pretty peeved. Now people like that troll from .sk (the other copy thread) can cheer.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
hi guys, do you know if I can run the MG930 servo in DS mode? I am affraid to check it, as last time I damaged my older servos by accidentaly switching the gyro to high speed mode...
My ecilop is still a bit shaky, no matter what I do - I think it could get better in high speed mode..
What I also don't like is the fact that the FC is always located out of axis of rotation - I have the NAZA on the left side of my frame, which means that roll axis is affected (the motion of front controller is not symmetrical to the roll axis which means that output from the FC can't be properly control roll servo offset...).
I am wondering what can we do about it... (except of designing some custom controller which would take care of camera gimbal)