HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
yes Assan and MG930, although I have recently bought a set of Align DS510 (and also some DS520 gear sets in case I need to speed it up).

I can get the pitch axis almost perfect but I am really struggling to get the roll axis good. Perhaps Aleksey can give some advice here now that he has seen my footage?
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 04:54 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Just got home and saw your footage. For a first burst out that looks great. Once you get that fully trimmed its going to be superb.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old May 05, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Dec 2010
809 Posts
Looking good dude!

Keith Frikkin' Morris
drumbum961 is offline Find More Posts by drumbum961
Old May 05, 2012, 03:04 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum961 View Post
looking good dude!
+1!!
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old May 05, 2012, 03:58 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Today I mounted the FPV stuff and holders for 2 additional batteries. The AUW is now about 3050gr. the flighttime arround 30min. Still I need to change the servo on the roll stabi, mine is too slow.

I was also out trying to fly fpv. I am using the live out of my Pentax, the delay is about 0.5s. Here I need to practice a lot more, since I am not used to having zero response of the aircraft in the video. I think mounting the WKM (a FC with GPS-hold) will make this much easier.

Here a pic of the bird so far:

best regards Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old May 05, 2012, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
30 minutes! That sounds better than DJI's Spreading Rumors S800
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 06, 2012, 12:25 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
OK here you go. This video is completely raw, un stabilized and un graded. Obviously I picked the better shots and cut them together with some music. There is a LONG way to go before the gains/stabilisation is dialed but so far its OK.

https://vimeo.com/41603290
Looks like the gimbal is doing good. Excellent job of putting the video together. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old May 06, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
Equipment that works well wiht the Ecilop

A few questions about components that work well with the Easy.

FC- Is the DIJ Naza working well for you Jelico and EndOfDays? Were you able to gt it dialed in like you want it? Are there others that you would use over it or prefer? Is the MK 2.1 hard to setup? Seems like you need to be a programmer.

Motors - I was planning on the Avroto 2814-11s which get very good reviews on the forum for reliability.

Servos - What are the recommended fast servos that are NOT MK?

Esc's- I am familiar with the Turnigy Plush 30A and these are what I plan on buying but they are almost always out of stock. Again, looking for reliability and performance.

Gyros - I am planning on going with the Turnigy Mini Mems AVCS w/programming box s directed.

Radio - Spektrum DX8. Is there an advantage to going with Futaba?

Video - Lawmate 1.2GHZ System.

Any other recommendations? Thanks
emarketwiz is offline Find More Posts by emarketwiz
Last edited by emarketwiz; May 06, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Just replaced the servo at roll-stabi by the 930, and to me this works now as expected, at least good enough for me. Here a quick video, uncut and just exported to upload. I am happy now with it

Ecilop Easy Quick Test (2 min 54 sec)

best regards

Ferdinand
Old May 06, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
Just replaced the servo at roll-stabi by the 930, and to me this works now as expected, at least good enough for me. Here a quick video, uncut and just exported to upload. I am happy now with it

best regards

Ferdinand
Looks great, you might as well post your full equipment list as others will be asking for it.
Price4Flight is offline Find More Posts by Price4Flight
Old May 06, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
My setup is:

motors:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html
esc: Hobbywing Pentium 25A
Props: Graupner 14x8 E-Prop
FC: Naza
Gys: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10113
Servos: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10792
Cam is a Pentax Q, I also tried a Sony CX250, but for now the Pentax works better.

Batteries I use 4S4000er packs, If 12-15 min are enough I take one pack, if more flight time is required, I take three of them.

For the moment I do not use an additional UBEC, I am using the BEC of the rear ESCs for one Servo each.

best regards

Ferdinand
Old May 06, 2012, 03:43 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post

http://vimeo.com/41650024

best regards

Ferdinand
Hehe the NX-4006 engine are doing a good job here I just need this frame one day, right now I'm stuck with a dji hex frame that just isn't going to give me any good picture. Not like this!
Did you see any miss coloring in the windings of the NX-4006 engine when you loaded it over 3kg ?
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
Old May 06, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Until now I couldn´t see anything exeptional on the windings.
The motors are working well. The power consumption is about 300-400Watt in hovering (with 3kg AUW), so 100 Watt per motor. They are not even getting warm when you touch them after flight.
To me these could be the perfect multicopter motors IF they would have a standard motor mount AND prop-adapters (on the bell) like the Avrotos or the T-Motors

best regards

Ferdinand
Old May 06, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
So how does the NAZA handle those rather heavy and slow 14" props with the low disk loading? Is it wobbling a lot and the MG930 do a good job or is the NAZA able to stay level without a lot of wobbling and the servos have not much to correct? The last video was pretty good, especially during those fast yaws. Only wobbling during the fast descend.

@all: BTW, before all these multi-rotors won't produce this type of footage, there's no need to get too excited

Copter Kids Aerial Reel 2012 (3 min 23 sec)
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Last edited by ~>Miha<~; May 06, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old May 06, 2012, 05:33 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Yeah but it is possible to get this sort of footage with multirotors as seen with this guys stuff.
SkyPIX.ru - winter 12 reel (6 min 28 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post

@all: BTW, before all these multi-rotors won't produce this type of footage, there's no need to get too excited

http://vimeo.com/38322747
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky