Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
Philippines, CALABARZON, Santa Rosa City
Joined Jun 2008
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24g View Post
wind is not as much of an issue with the ecilop as people assume.

gyro setup is minimal as well. they are just in rate mode. you are speaking theoretically and i am speaking from 1st hand experience.

basically your assumptions are way off base.

here is video i shot days after i got the ecilop in the air. there is some post stabilization but the video was very smooth out of the camera and my wookong was still in need of tuning

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l3L5eJJijUg
Hi Chris, tried to send you a reply thru your private message but your inbox is full so message cannot be sent, replied to you on this thread instead http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1671464
mykmaspogi is offline Find More Posts by mykmaspogi
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyy View Post
Thanks for the answer!
But I think this should not be a problem on my setup, I have carefully separated both platforms...
I think it could be caused by propellers, the ones from Aeroquad are very difficult to balance - I have already ordered Graupners and I think I will also replace my AC2836 motors with MT2814/10.
Nevermind the Graupners - go direct to Xoar instead:

- better performance
- quiter
- about 20% lighter (= faster response)
- more rigid (more direct response)
- better balanced (I balance all my props but Xoar needs less tape)
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:43 PM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
Hi, unfortunately it is too late, Graupners are on their way from England to me
If I get again into troubles with prop balancing, I will try Xoars... But they seem to be pretty expensive...
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Hi, unfortunately it is too late, Graupners are on their way from England to me
If I get again into troubles with prop balancing, I will try Xoars... But they seem to be pretty expensive...
Actually not - I have been looking at many places for Xoar props (hard to get in correct sizes) and often it is same price as for Graupners.

fx at electricwingman.com:

Graupner Elektro Prop 10" Ł5.35 Inc. VAT
Xoar PJN Wood Electric 10" Ł5.31 Inc. VAT

I am currently flying xoar 10x5 on top motors and 10x6 bottom motors and I immediatly saw and felt a big diff compared to Graupners.

First I used 10x5 xoars top & bottom, then 10x4 on top and finally settled with what I wrote above.

I think Graupners are good - in my opinion much better than APC - but Xoar are top notch. Now, I havent used CF props but why use them when these wooden Xoars are so good? Weight for Xoar and CF are the same, many times.
And many more sizes available for Xoar than for CF - just a shame that no one can have a good stock of the these fine props .....
Last edited by tritan; Aug 18, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: damn spelling ....
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
guys, do you have some personal experience with Tiger MT2814/10 motors?
I heard they are using high quality Japanese bearings, I hope they will run smoother than my current Aeroquad motors..
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
Damn, my order was from the electricwingman
The price is good, but I thought you meant the "matched propellers", which are extremely expensive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Actually not - I have been looking at many places for Xoar props (hard to get in correct sizes) and often it is same price as for Graupners.

fx at electricwingman.com:

Graupner Elektro Prop 10" Ł5.35 Inc. VAT
Xoar PJN Wood Electric 10" Ł5.31 Inc. VAT

I am currently flying xoar 10x5 on top motors and 10x6 bottom motors and I immediatly saw and felt a big diff compared to Graupners.

I think Graupners are good - in my opinion much better than APC - but Xoar are top notch. Now, I havent used CF props but why use them when these wooden Xoars are so good? Weight for CF are the same, many times.
And many more sizes available than for CF.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Damn, my order was from the electricwingman
The price is good, but I thought you meant the "matched propellers", which are extremely expensive...

I have talked to Paul @ electricwingman many times ( BTW best customer service in Europe IMO) and even he has problems getting Xoar props.

You must search google to find them in Europe - gravesrc in US has a LOT of sizes and many of them also, bought from them 2 weeks ago.

I havent crashed any of my multis but one thing to remember is that I think wood brakes more easy than the fx Graupners.
So Xoars maybe should be used when you trim the multikopter to get that final touch out of it, the icing of the cake ( correct saying in english?)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Jan 2012
28 Posts
Hi everyone, it's been a while i've been watching this thread, almost since it started.

I have one question though: why anyone is using the universal camera stand : is it so bad??
loubeltou is online now Find More Posts by loubeltou
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:13 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubeltou View Post
Hi everyone, it's been a while i've been watching this thread, almost since it started.

I have one question though: why anyone is using the universal camera stand : is it so bad??
It depends on weight of your camera. I have tried 600g camera successfully, but it was not very rigid.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:17 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubeltou View Post

I'm planning to use one, with a Sony PJ760. I'll let people know how it goes.

And a word or two of praise for Aleksey - I ordered a universal mount in June and it's gone missing in the mail so I emailed Aleksey with a copy of the tracking info and he replied within an hour and about two hours later he'd sent another one. Great customer service.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
I must confirm that Aleksey is a very nice guy and he has sent me my Ecilop extremely fast - I think I sent the money in the evening and I got my Ecilop in 2 days across the half of Europe... very nice!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:14 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
This product from zerouav looks like a clone of ECILOP, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1713583

No credit to Alexey too
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:26 AM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
it was only a matter of time till someone steals it.. shame on them!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
579 Posts
Today we have out of stock, but updated version of the Ecilop Easy will be offered in September.
There will be some minor updates, better complectation, compatable spare parts.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined Aug 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
My setup is:

motors:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html
esc: Hobbywing Pentium 25A
Props: Graupner 14x8 E-Prop
FC: Naza
Gys: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10113
Servos: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10792
Cam is a Pentax Q, I also tried a Sony CX250, but for now the Pentax works better.

Batteries I use 4S4000er packs, If 12-15 min are enough I take one pack, if more flight time is required, I take three of them.

For the moment I do not use an additional UBEC, I am using the BEC of the rear ESCs for one Servo each.

best regards

Ferdinand
hi ferdinand, Have you tried those motors with 5cells? the info on hobby king is contradictory, they say its ok for 5 cells, but then state a max of 15volts!
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101