HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
hi Redsky, I meant only the calibration of accelerometer... As the accelerometer is measuring absolute value of linear acceleration (compared to gyro, which is measuring a difference), this absolute value should not drift in time (assuming the device is stacionary and not accelerating in any direction).
I do understand that the estimated position and speed readings from accelerometer can get worse over time due to accumulative error coming from the integration process, but that is not what I was talking about.

I always thought that the only meaning of accelerometer calibration is to get the "zero" values of acceleration in x/y/z axis, nothing more (by calculating the mean value from all readings obtained in the calibration procedure)..
So I see no point why these values should change over time (all modern MEMS sillicons have quite a good temperature stability, so this should also be no issue).

Maybe they are doing some recalibrations of internal variables in their IMU routines, but I have never seen such sideeffects in other controllers (running on Multiwii, Aeroquad or Arducopter stacks which I have experience with)
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:21 AM
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Värmdö
Joined Mar 2011
119 Posts
Can someone please show your power distributions and how you have done it. Fredde
Tokaz is offline Find More Posts by Tokaz
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:36 AM
kwe
Joined Nov 2010
120 Posts
hi,
can anybody tell us about the motors and esc you use on your ecilop?
thanks
kwe is offline Find More Posts by kwe
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Some shot i've done

Beach (0 min 36 sec)

Green (0 min 58 sec)

Bicycle (0 min 44 sec)

Trees (0 min 28 sec)
thomasamoth is offline Find More Posts by thomasamoth
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
thomasamoth: not bad!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:23 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Wheres the hexa or octo version?
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
I think Aleksey mentioned in an email to me that the Octo (with larger camera capability) will be ready in 2013. Don't think there is any plan for a Hexa, but there is an updated quad in the works.

I have just bought my second Ecilop Easy and am in the process of putting it together. Going to run 700KV motors and larger props this time. Hopefully a cleaner wiring install too! For those of you that are trying to figure out a Power Distribution method. Its basically a bunch of deans connectors soldered together with some copper wire. Works great and makes replacing /moving ESC's really easy.
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:34 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
I think Aleksey mentioned in an email to me that the Octo (with larger camera capability) will be ready in 2013. Don't think there is any plan for a Hexa, but there is an updated quad in the works.

I have just bought my second Ecilop Easy and am in the process of putting it together. Going to run 700KV motors and larger props this time. Hopefully a cleaner wiring install too! For those of you that are trying to figure out a Power Distribution method. Its basically a bunch of deans connectors soldered together with some copper wire. Works great and makes replacing /moving ESC's really easy.
I have also just ordered a second Ecilop. I travel by bicycle as I don't want a car so need to make it foldable. I have a bunch of folding quads and they all seem solid enough. I have the same challenge as you, need to clean up the wiring. Might use a Gaui-Ins w OSD with separate Hyperfly Gimbal board - instead of the Wookong M. The Wookong M is nice but messy.
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
hi Jelico, what propellers are you using right now? 12 inches?
Because I am using 880Kv AC2836-358 motors with 12x45 propellers from aueroquad and I think the motors are getting quite hot when running on 4s...
So I am affraid of overheating... My auw is 2.6kg and I think that is too much for 10 inches propellers...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:48 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasamoth View Post
How do you fly FPV ? through the NEX5 ? or FPV fix camera ?

If you find a solution correcting the roll center at start, tell us
Flying with FPV cam (700 line NTC) but not a big fan of it. I have always flown my Gaui 500 with the GoPro live feed. I recently ordered the HDMI converter but it didn't arrive yet. (am afraid its clunky and heavy) I have started research on the electronic viewfinder pin-out on the Nex 5N but nothing so far. Planning to fly it with a dual camera switch, the FPV cam mounted on fixed frame, not the gimbal so you can see banking of the quad on faster maneuvers, like chasing a bike.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post

That's a really spectacular video - great shooting.

I too looked for a way of controlling roll on a WK-M stabilised gimbal. You can't feed any gimbal commands into the WK-M apart from pitch, all I came up with for roll was mixing a RC channel with the WK-M's roll output, using a cheap V-tail mixer. I still don't know if that would work as the V-tail mixer in my parts box appears to have failed.

What I ended up doing was buying a CRIUS-SE multiwii board and using that as the gimbal controller. That has the facility for inputting pitch and roll commands for the gimbal. It works well but I still have a problem in that my very classy Spartan Quark gyros have -50 exponential as default in rate mode. That's fine for what they're designed for - control of a helicopter tail but not what you want with a gimbal. The exponential is programmable but I'm waiting on a simplex adapter before I can change it. At the moment the gimbal (predictably, in view of the exponential) underreacts to small deflections giving it a rather nervous look in tutbulent conditions..
---
Thanks, I guess it was more luck than anything else as I have failed setting up much simpler projects than that one : )

I have also looked at mounting another servo right above the camera to slide it sideways to make it swing towards the low side but don't really want to deal with the extra weight and wires.

I have looked into the Cruis SE - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...45&postcount=1 but seems very intensive setup. Since I need a little bit of a write-off for my business rather than paying taxes, I might go for the $350 Hoverfly gimbal controller. From what I see this is getting nice results (It better for that kind of money)
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Golfette (0 min 28 sec)
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
@thomas,

Looks nice!

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
thomasamoth: that one shot is great, very nice! What camera did you use, Nex-5?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:54 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
I'm using NEX-5N, the only camera can be used with ECILOP, don't buy universal mount, just buy a nex-5N

One more :
River (1 min 5 sec)