Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:29 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbum961 View Post
nycewheels

What are you using for gyros and control? Looks like you've got er' pretty dialed among a few other guys here on the thread. I'll be shooting for those kind of results so I'm curious to hear what your setup is. Thanks dude!

KFM

check video description for details on current setup
Hazy November morning flight (0 min 0 sec)
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:00 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycewheels View Post
Finally got to fly again after 3 weeks of bad weather, check out a few clips from my flights before work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFlvr5necI
"like" button is missed on this forum. I like it
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:30 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
That's Nyce! I haven't seen that video of yours yet. Nice song too. I've never heard that version. I bet people trip when they see your helmet. They just dont know how awsome that is...
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:13 AM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
You have to change you GYRO TX settings. I put my 9x into STD gyro mode and the gyros came on and funcitoned well after adjusting the gains properly on the NAZA assistant. Some TX's only go into certain Gyro MODES (ex.Normal and AVCS) when the gain adjustments are in a certain number range too. 50+ for example on Spectrum tramsmitters puts a heli gyro in tail holding mode.
First i defined i switch to define the mode(NORMAL or AVCS). But what is not really clear is the gain value. Is this done via a knob on my transmitter? I did it exactly like this but then i guess the mode changes all the time when i turn the knob. What i am doing wrong?
I assume i should be able to define the gain value of my gyro in my first defined mode. Correct?
When i turn the knob the servos are really behave strange. the jump around etc. Also the blue LED is blinking twice.
fabianabegglen is offline Find More Posts by fabianabegglen
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:20 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
just set up a switch,,, and then use your end point adjustment to get the gain.
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:36 AM
Joined May 2012
158 Posts
Is anyone successfully using an autoquad board on an ecilop?
Wreck_nz is online now Find More Posts by Wreck_nz
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:44 AM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
just set up a switch,,, and then use your end point adjustment to get the gain.
du you mean set the EPA to the switch. So first set the mode and then continue with the EPA to set the gain???
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:26 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
yeh exactly... so lets say your switch value at max is -100 to +100

above 0 is headlock, and below 0 is rate mode.

you would have the switch endpoint set at like -80 or something. then you dont run the risk of accidently changing the value like if u had the value on a POT.
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:38 AM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
yeh exactly... so lets say your switch value at max is -100 to +100

above 0 is headlock, and below 0 is rate mode.

you would have the switch endpoint set at like -80 or something. then you dont run the risk of accidently changing the value like if u had the value on a POT.
Okay i got that AliB thx.
One more thing, in the turnigy manual
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...47X4838X51.pdf there is also a RUD GAIN in step 8. Is this neccessary to configure. Or what exactly is ment with the gain value for the turnigy mini mems.
Is this just the the value set with the endpoint or do i need to set this with the program box
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
For those into this kind of madness, I built a tuning jig for my Ecilop. I'm hoping this can help me really dial in the PID settings for my APM flight controller.

Ecilop Quadcopter in Tuning Jig APM (0 min 26 sec)

InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:04 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianabegglen View Post
First i defined i switch to define the mode(NORMAL or AVCS). But what is not really clear is the gain value. Is this done via a knob on my transmitter? I did it exactly like this but then i guess the mode changes all the time when i turn the knob. What i am doing wrong?
I assume i should be able to define the gain value of my gyro in my first defined mode. Correct?
When i turn the knob the servos are really behave strange. the jump around etc. Also the blue LED is blinking twice.
Sorry if my explaination was not sufficient. I'm using my POT to tilt my camera up and down in flight. My rate mode settings and gains are programmed in the gyro menu in my TX software, not on a switch.

It appears you guys have a different way about it with your tx's. Hope you get it working.
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:22 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
That's Nyce! I haven't seen that video of yours yet. Nice song too. I've never heard that version. I bet people trip when they see your helmet. They just dont know how awsome that is...
Yeah, and moms usually quickly pull back their kids when they see me
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:45 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
For those into this kind of madness, I built a tuning jig for my Ecilop. I'm hoping this can help me really dial in the PID settings for my APM flight controller.
"kind of" madness? You could prop up a pickup truck on that thing.
be careful with those quick-clamps, they can vibrate lose over time - that would not be cool.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Hah yep thx, I'll be careful. Also planning on using this as a work table in the garage. Yeah, probably a good idea to ditch the clamps, they are not actually holding anything except the extra line that I could just cut. I think I am gonna tether the landing skids with some slack for backup too. Kinda scary having the quad buzzing in place but it looks like it will work well.
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Last edited by InfinitR; Feb 18, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:06 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
"like" button is missed on this forum. I like it
Hi Alexander, by looking at recent developments on brushless gimbals, have you consider using this kind of electronics to replace or improve the Servo/Gyro combination you are using on current Ecilop design?...

Recent videos are showing almost perfect balancing of small cameras like Gopro. But since your gimbal approach is much better I feel you won't have to redesign a new gimbal from ground... I am talking about Alexmos gimbal electronics.

Cheers!..

jocheluich is online now Find More Posts by jocheluich