77 Posts
hello how to connect it all? a picture would be great thanks in advance
skygizmo is offline Find More Posts by skygizmo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Mar 2010
560 Posts
With the current landing gear, it will be hard to set up X8. I found this on diydrones.com. (Can't find the link anymore)
kevinlib is offline Find More Posts by kevinlib
Old May 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo View Post
I just made it looking the Zaitsevsky pictures on the website

Anyway you totally right..
where is the best place for you?
I'm having trouble fixing the servo of the Roll too where it was attached the servo.
Frome the picture it seems the GU-INS FC is applyed pointing on one side, not the front direction. Does anybody have tried the GU-INS with ECILOP with success?
Giorgiottero is offline Find More Posts by Giorgiottero
Old May 20, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgiottero View Post
Frome the picture it seems the GU-INS FC is applyed pointing on one side, not the front direction.
Nope. The flight direction is the side with the servo cables on the FC. The tilt servo on the Ecilop is on the left side (into flight direction). All is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgiottero View Post
Does anybody have tried the GU-INS with ECILOP with success?
I think Aleksey posted some time ago that he doesn't recommend the GU-INS as it has some lag somewhere.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old May 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Jul 2008
50 Posts
Hi!

I just bought this

But I'm wondering, if i buy the nex 5n with 16mm lens the total weight of the camera will be 270g, instead of 405g with a 18-55mm lens.

Should the battery be the same weight as the camera? Or is it no problem if the battery weight is 200-300grams more?

I see a 4s 5000mah battery weight about 470grams.

I want to keep this thing as light as possible to achieve longer flight time.
kenzky is offline Find More Posts by kenzky
Old May 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
446 Posts
I also just bought the ecilop looking forward to it

looking for gyros now, and have absolutley no cloue about them
as far as I understand the turnigy mini mems are the best...has anybody a source in europe for them? and if I buy tow of them , I get two of the programming boxes right? but do I need them at all?

or is this one good enough? cause these ones I find on ebay
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5FGyro%5F.html

at least I found the mk servos on european ebay sites, hobbbx king is sold out as allways

thanks for the help
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Old May 20, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
The Ecilop is hard to setup with the 16mm lens. I did some tests over the weekend and found that i couldn't quite get the battery close enough to the camera to make things balance (I'm using 5000 MAH 4s Zippy 30C batteries).

In the end i added weight (????) to the camera mount to make it work, but with the 16mm lens the landing gear can come into the shot at extreme angles so I am considering going back to the 18-55mm lens, set to 18mm.
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old May 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel View Post
I
thanks for the help
Working gyro, was tested with MG930 servo and Gaui controller. It was a quick test, cant say nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
The Ecilop is hard to setup with the 16mm lens. I did some tests over the weekend and found that i couldn't quite get the battery close enough to the camera to make things balance (I'm using 5000 MAH 4s Zippy 30C batteries).
I'm using 15C battery. Average consumption on hovering is 4-6C.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old May 20, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzky View Post
But I'm wondering, if i buy the nex 5n with 16mm lens the total weight of the camera will be 270g, instead of 405g with a 18-55mm lens.

Should the battery be the same weight as the camera? Or is it no problem if the battery weight is 200-300grams more?
The battery holder can be moved to any position (without having to drill any holes) to balance different ratios of camera/battery weight.

If your battery is too heavy to get a balance, then use a lighter one or add weight to the cam or add two more batteries (I think EndOfDays mentioned that). Yes, none of this will keep it "as light as possible". But don't forget: The heavier the stabilized platform is, the better it will work.
Old May 20, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel View Post
I also just bought the ecilop looking forward to it

looking for gyros now, and have absolutley no cloue about them
as far as I understand the turnigy mini mems are the best...has anybody a source in europe for them? and if I buy tow of them , I get two of the programming boxes right? but do I need them at all?

at least I found the mk servos on european ebay sites, hobbbx king is sold out as allways

thanks for the help
Those GA-250 are the Assan gyros mentioned in this thread several times (see Jelico posts). You can find them e.g. at German HK resellers on ebay at typically twice the price you would pay to import them from HK directly. One example here (I bought from that seller, recommended). They work only with digital servos.

The HK-401B gyros from HK (same el cheapo price) work also with analog servos.

I have both types (and some old-school Futaba GY-401) lying around, but haven't tried yet on the Ecilop. Too many other things to be finished first.

BTW, if you don't want to spend a fortune on servos, go with the MG930 from HK (I think Jelico used them with great success). Sometimes they have stock in the German/European warehouse (I was lucky recently), like at the moment!
Last edited by ~>Miha<~; May 20, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Re. C rating of batteries. I too won't use the very high rated ones. E.g. 5000mAh at 30C giving 150A continuous. Come on, those Deans or XT60 would melt away instantly if you would ever require those amperages. I choose capacity and C rating to give at most 100A (and even that's too much). Saves cost too.
Old May 20, 2012, 06:48 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlib View Post
With the current landing gear, it will be hard to set up X8. I found this on diydrones.com. (Can't find the link anymore)
Nice! Although almost all of those coax are a bit steep on the price
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old May 20, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Re. X8: Check out EndOfDays' LG here.

Those are 14" props with extremely low Kv motors. With "normal" motors (750-1000Kv) and smaller props you can probably do the X8 mod without messing up with those special co-axial motors.

If you are going to use a NAZA you'll probably want to go with the smallest possible props to have a high disc loading, or that FC will wobble the... out of it.
Last edited by ~>Miha<~; May 20, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Re. X8: Check out EndOfDays' LG here.

Those are 14" props with extremely low Kv motors. With "normal" motors (750-1000Kv) and smaller props you can probably do the X8 mod without messing up with those special co-axial motors.

If you are going to use a NAZA you'll probably want to go with the smallest possible props to have a high disc loading, or that FC will wobble the... out of it.
im actually eyeing that motor and have ask endofdays about it the thing is it has been out of stock in HK since time immemorial , at anyrate im waiting for it. I am also looking at the similar rctimer motor
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old May 21, 2012, 12:17 AM
Evaldas Cerniauskas
Lithuania, Vilnius
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Yeah but it is possible to get this sort of footage with multirotors as seen with this guys stuff. https://vimeo.com/37767263
Ecilop Easy flight in winter. (Ecilop.tv) (4 min 47 sec)

Ecilop allows to make some maneuvers, not just lethargic style shooting
Swokas is offline Find More Posts by Swokas