HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:04 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
262 Posts
RE MiniHDMI convertor

Is anyone able to tell me if the miniHDMI convertor (picture attached) is able to be viewed in real time on a ground station monitor, or is there a time lag (if so how much)

Thanks
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:49 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Aleksey,
any new Ecilop (hexa, Y6, octo) from you in the pipe line yet?
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:04 AM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helidex View Post
Is anyone able to tell me if the miniHDMI convertor (picture attached) is able to be viewed in real time on a ground station monitor, or is there a time lag (if so how much)

Thanks
I have this converter, however; I have not yet flown with it. When I did a ground test it did seem to have some lag. Someone else on this thread also documented a lag. Apparantly its good for AP but not for fpv. Slow video shooting shouldnt be that bad.

EDIT: I flew today with this converter hooked up and there was no noticable lag. I didn't even think about lag until tonight when I just read this post again. Didn't even cross my mind. I flew two batteries in my back yard in and around objects and the only problem was watching my video screen and not paying attention to how close to trees I was getting. I was two feet away from crashing my whole rig from 50 ft. up today.
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Last edited by theSouthGA; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Tested Converter
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:12 AM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
How long before we shout at our Ecilops?!

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/001...oid-smartphone

On a more serious note: surely we can't be far from an FC that merges all the required electronics into one box? IE: RX, FC, gimbal control, GPS, Compass, DIGITAL video TX
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:27 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Immersion RC has done well to incorporate a voltage sensor and OSD into their systems. I have their OSD and the audio output on the VRX syncs with the iTelemetry FPV app on my iPhone to track it on Google Maps in real time. It also tracks satellite count altitute, lat, long, distance from home, speed, battery voltage and UHF link RSSI if you have the Immersion UHF as well. But, you have to have ALL Immersion equipment pretty much. And I guess if you had a big enough box you could arrange the equipment inside. TX/RX seperation is key though.

If they did have all that in one box I would buy one today as long as it had decent range and of course reliability. I could see the benefit on a plane for this kind of information, but on a short range quad it is overkill.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
i made a test in windy conditions. Still not the best results
Hobbyking HK401 gyros
Turnigy MG 930 Servos
Servos set to max limit
Naza gimbal: pitch 15
Roll 15

hexa ecilop test windy conditions (2 min 25 sec)
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:59 PM
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
Need some advice if total cost was not the issue witch combo would be better?

T-Motor MT3506 650KV 200W Weight 70g
T-Motor 18A or Exceed RC Proton 18A Weight 19g

Total Weight: 356g

T-Motor MT4006 740KV 250W Weight 92g $82.90
Exceed RC Proton 30A Weight 25g $17.78

Total Weight: 468g

T-Motor MT4008 600KV 290W Weight 108g $85.90
Exceed RC Proton 40A Weight 35g $27.88

Total Weight: 572g

would like to know if the extra power will just give enough lift for the extra weight or if in fact I will have real extra lift
for camera gear, also if the the extra power will mean nothing after taking into account needed battery and flight time..
puff lots of variables...
Parsec3d is offline Find More Posts by Parsec3d
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:18 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
i made a test in windy conditions. Still not the best results
Hobbyking HK401 gyros
Turnigy MG 930 Servos
Servos set to max limit
Naza gimbal: pitch 15
Roll 15

http://youtu.be/XDw_RjNqcok
The person holding the cam in the left part also need a steadycam

I hope ecilop will get a bether gimbal system, I thing the inventor need to look into the brushless gimbal controller Alex made and fit it to the ecilop

I sold my ecilop... its hard to get it working realy well.
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:22 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
The person holding the cam in the left part also need a steadycam

I hope ecilop will get a bether gimbal system, I thing the inventor need to look into the brushless gimbal controller Alex made and fit it to the ecilop

I sold my ecilop... its hard to get it working really well.
it works better on nice days, but still need more stability.
here is flight early morning, no wind
morning ecilop gimbal test (3 min 2 sec)

Ive seen some videos here, and they were very stable. I wonder what settings they have.I like this system, so not going to sell it. If i use digital video stabilization it will be much better, but i need to work on mechanical stabilization first.
The only question is, my setup need to be upgraded, or is it possible to work out with the one i have?
HK401 gyros
MG 930 Servos
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Last edited by LiutaS; Jan 29, 2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:39 AM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
This is a video I put together yesterday night. I flew sunday and it was very windy! The Ecilop held up well but there were some shakes to be expected with the wind gusts we were experiencing. If it looks this good on a windy day....

Pond Track Racers (2 min 48 sec)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
136 Posts
here's some footage of snowboarding i shot with an ecilop, needs work but looking promising .
ste foy drone test (2 min 49 sec)
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:17 PM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Anyone know of any assembly videos out there for this quad?
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:03 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizz101 View Post
here's some footage of snowboarding i shot with an ecilop, needs work but looking promising .https://vimeo.com/58317994.
Looks good! I was wondering what that "pumping" was though. I think mine was doing the same thing this weekend but my landing gears aren't in view to double check the condition and its hard to see at altitude.

Did you have a tracking system on the quad or did you just have it in GPS mode and go foward as you were moving?

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:18 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic View Post
Anyone know of any assembly videos out there for this quad?
I made a build video but it is timelapsed and you cant see the exact way the parts are put together, only the progression of the build.
The video is posted earlier on this thread a couple of pages back or you can search TheJeffPV or ECILOP Build on youtube and find it.

I don't think there are any build videos online right now. It takes a good couple of days to just build it properly let alone do an entire video. The provided instructions online will suffice. If you can print out the whole thing it really helps. The frame is the only part for which you'll need instruction. For everything else, FC, ESC's, Motor, Prop Balancing, ect. there is information online.

The only build advice I have is: Have a large surface to lay out all of the parts (kitchen table size will do), make sure you have all of your equipment ready when you start so you don't have to go back and add stuff, install your servos before you mount the swinging arm and make sure you have them positioned correctly with the rubber grommets installed and make sure your spring mounts are aligned/on the same side as the servo horns (clip the two servo horns you dont need, you'll see when you install them). Everything else is cake. Be sure to use blue loctite on parts you do not intend on removing. And if you plan on building Ecilop in a day, start around 12:00 AM and have plenty of redbull on hand.

This forum is helpful but, try to do it yourself to start with. When you figure it out, it will be much easier to diagnose any problems you might have in the future.
Last edited by theSouthGA; Jan 29, 2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: video
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:06 AM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
I made a build video but it is timelapsed and you cant see the exact way the parts are put together, only the progression of the build.
The video is posted earlier on this thread a couple of pages back or you can search TheJeffPV or ECILOP Build on youtube and find it.

I don't think there are any build videos online right now. It takes a good couple of days to just build it properly let alone do an entire video. The provided instructions online will suffice. If you can print out the whole thing it really helps. The frame is the only part for which you'll need instruction. For everything else, FC, ESC's, Motor, Prop Balancing, ect. there is information online.

The only build advice I have is: Have a large surface to lay out all of the parts (kitchen table size will do), make sure you have all of your equipment ready when you start so you don't have to go back and add stuff, install your servos before you mount the swinging arm and make sure you have them positioned correctly with the rubber grommets installed and make sure your spring mounts are aligned/on the same side as the servo horns (clip the two servo horns you dont need, you'll see when you install them). Everything else is cake. Be sure to use blue loctite on parts you do not intend on removing. And if you plan on building Ecilop in a day, start around 12:00 AM and have plenty of redbull on hand.

This forum is helpful but, try to do it yourself to start with. When you figure it out, it will be much easier to diagnose any problems you might have in the future.
Thanks for the advice. I had purchased a Steadi470 (before knowing about the Ecilop) and did a build video on it. Unfortunately, i managed to crash the quad and it cost more for those parts than purchasing this quad. So I thought I would try the original (revised) design (actually, I think the Steadi was copied from the original design as it even had a mount for the "third" bogus servo!). In any case, I plan on using the YS-X6 FC and IMUs along with the motors and esc's and servos on this quad. Might pose some real estate issues and not sure how well the IMU approach to controlling the gimbal will work out. Certainly worth a try. I'll check in if I run into any insurmountable issues - maybe you or someone on this forum can help out. Jim
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic