SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:58 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocheluich View Post
Hi...I confess, I am saving for an Ecilop cause I stupidly ordered another frame for fpv (budget wise according to me).... and in the end I spent the same as a new Ecilop, motors, esc...

... so my concerns is Does NAZA still the best option for the Ecilop?.... or a Wookong is to much for the performance Naza and Ecilop has?... Has somebody tried Openpilot CC3d on Ecilop? Since there is some debate about CC3d vs Naza performance w/o GPS.
I am making numbers and 700 dls more is something to think it twice I see a lot of nice videos with Naza and different opinions about Naza and the weight and prop size for Ecilop and that raised my doubts about which is the best FC for Ecilop today?.
Tk you all.

Cheers!...
Open Pilot the name it self will tell you, that you will have to configure your self everything in it.. Naza is just plug and fly witch is not requiring much time and skills, but will damage your wallet
Both FC are verry good today.
Wookong seems to be better for waypoints and some other things.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:08 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
I have a video project I was going to help a friend with and I thought it would add a cinematic quality to the project if I could zoom in and out. Thanks for the heads-up on the lens though. I'm not very familiar with photography equipment. I was crossing my fingers though. I did recieve my pic/video IR switch to attach to my reciever today though. Looking forward to figuring that system out!
New Cinema don't really use zoom in or out. Most of the time is passing by. or following So i definitely will suggest you than to use 50mm lens.With this lens you will have nice Depth of field, its my favorite for doing videos. Haven't tried yet on ecilop, but looking forward
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:33 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
269 Posts
Quote:
Hi...I confess, I am saving for an Ecilop cause I stupidly ordered another frame for fpv (budget wise according to me).... and in the end I spent the same as a new Ecilop, motors, esc...

... so my concerns is Does NAZA still the best option for the Ecilop?.... or a Wookong is to much for the performance Naza and Ecilop has?... Has somebody tried Openpilot CC3d on Ecilop? Since there is some debate about CC3d vs Naza performance w/o GPS.
I am making numbers and 700 dls more is something to think it twice I see a lot of nice videos with Naza and different opinions about Naza and the weight and prop size for Ecilop and that raised my doubts about which is the best FC for Ecilop today?.
Tk you all.

Cheers!...
I set up OP CC3D on an 525 X Quad (3s, Sunnysky 2212 980Kv, 1047 props).

Before the CC3D I flew this quad with the Nazza + GPS FC. I adjusted gains while it flew but it was 99% after a few minutes of flying, and it was just so much fun to fly and so very predictable.

So I put the CC3D on the same quad set up - (I am putting the Nazza on the ecilop now) I started running the defaults and yes it could fly and it was windy but it was a flying pig and I fought with it to keep it from crashing. I spent more time on it but still much tuning to do.

My point is that the Nazza flew out of the box with close to zero tuning. I am sure the CC3d will fly but I'm not looking forward to the time it will take to tune it especially as I don’t have telemetry on it.

On the CC3D, it won’t have position or alt hold like Nazza does - so I wonder how useful it would be for AP and Video? If I was going open source FC for the ecliop, I would be more inclined to APM2.9 on the RC timer Arduflyer - a lot of bang for the dollar and it has GPS plus you name it. Supposedly 2.9 is quite sorted and does not need a lot of tuning.
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
Last edited by helidex; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: carnt spal
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:53 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
I have a video project I was going to help a friend with and I thought it would add a cinematic quality to the project if I could zoom in and out. Thanks for the heads-up on the lens though. I'm not very familiar with photography equipment. I was crossing my fingers though. I did recieve my pic/video IR switch to attach to my reciever today though. Looking forward to figuring that system out!
This Power zoom lens works with the Nex 5 but looks like you will have to kick up the lifting capacity a notch or two:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/so...-preview-21188
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:17 PM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
Quote:

Tk you all.

Cheers!...
I was thinking to change the naza to one ys-x4 to test it. Anyone have done that?
Thanks!
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:23 PM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloreg View Post
I was thinking to change the naza to one ys-x4 to test it. Anyone have done that?
Thanks!
Recently ordered this quad to replace a crashed steadi470. Plan on installing the ys-x6, though am concerned about real estate for mounting fc and second imu. May need to make slight mod. Be curious to hear how you make out.
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:09 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
The CC3D is a pain to set up, tune and fly... IF you can get one. The KK2 for 1/3rd the price flys SO much better and is plenty easy to set up and tune. With the lcd on the board you don't even need to screw around with a computer... You can adjust it in the field just by pushing buttons... if its windy, turn down the P gain, if its calm, turn up the P gain. I love it! Oh, and it has gimbal outputs in the newest firmware v1.5 (though you do have to flash it yourself).
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:26 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
The CC3D is a pain to set up, tune and fly... IF you can get one. The KK2 for 1/3rd the price flys SO much better and is plenty easy to set up and tune. With the lcd on the board you don't even need to screw around with a computer... You can adjust it in the field just by pushing buttons... if its windy, turn down the P gain, if its calm, turn up the P gain. I love it! Oh, and it has gimbal outputs in the newest firmware v1.5 (though you do have to flash it yourself).
I got a CC3D from Drotek but I have been dubious to buy a Naza aiming at the Ecilop in the near future.... I have crashed on a multiwii tricopter because the 5.8ghz Tx decide to quit, luckily at low altitude. I don't wan't to risk it that way again. Multiwii alt hold is so, so, not able to use it at low altitude safely.

So Naza VS Wookong, do you think is a big difference in flying behaviour with an Ecilop?... I read wookong users stating Naza vs Wookong it IS a difference, a more "solid" flight.. (none with an Ecilop).....but It seems almost everyone here use Naza.
jocheluich is online now Find More Posts by jocheluich
Last edited by jocheluich; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
269 Posts
Quote:
I got a CC3D from Drotek but I have been dubious to buy a Naza aiming at the Ecilop in the near future.... I have crashed on a multiwii tricopter because the 5.8ghz Tx decide to quit, luckily at low altitude. I don't wan't to risk it that way again. Multiwii alt hold is so, so, not able to use it at low altitude safely.

So Naza VS Wookong, do you think is a big difference in flying behaviour with an Ecilop?... I read wookong users stating Naza vs Wookong it IS a difference, a more "solid" flight.. (none with an Ecilop).....but It seems almost everyone here use Naza.
I dont have a wookong but I do know that DJI had a firmware upgrade for wookong that resulted in loosing control and multi fly-aways. For the big money DJI want for the wooking, thats hard to forgive. When the Nazza is working properly - its hard not to love it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:25 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
I've used a NAZA and a WK-M on my Ecilop and I'd say there isn't a huge difference. The WK-M might be a bit tighter but the NAZA is very satisfactory too.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:06 AM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
the cc3d has the better sensors and probably 10 times as much parameter to set up...do you really think a kk2 can perform better because of this?
the kk2 is by far the best FC to start and to learn tuning , no more no less
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:32 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscherpofel View Post
the cc3d has the better sensors and probably 10 times as much parameter to set up...do you really think a kk2 can perform better because of this?
the kk2 is by far the best FC to start and to learn tuning , no more no less
I'm sorry, I read that as 10 times more complex to set up and get flying correctly. And yes, from my experience when both are properly set up and tuned the KK2 flies better than the cc3d. And no, I'm not a rookie when it comes to understanding PID, multirotors, and the design and development of them.

If you like the cc3d better, more power to you.
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:28 PM
Patsch, Austria
Joined Jul 2007
467 Posts
if you still have your cc3d I offer my help to hopefully change your opinion one day
Patscherpofel is offline Find More Posts by Patscherpofel
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:37 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
432 Posts
I know there is an autotune feature in CC3d... isn't it good enough? I have seen people using it on youtube and they say it works!!... So I think worths a try, I am going to use it on a smaller quad just to have fun flying it...

So for Ecilop Naza is still the Easiest, best option out there unless you want more complex stuff like way points and such... Well I guess Naza is going to be considered for the build... hope I have the funds sooner...
jocheluich is online now Find More Posts by jocheluich
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
269 Posts
Quote:
I know there is an autotune feature in CC3d... isn't it good enough? I have seen people using it on youtube and they say it works!!... So I think worths a try, I am going to use it on a smaller quad just to have fun flying it...

So for Ecilop Naza is still the Easiest, best option out there unless you want more complex stuff like way points and such... Well I guess Naza is going to be considered for the build... hope I have the funds sooner...
Autotune has been removed from the latest OP CC3D firmware updates - some differences of opinion as to how effective it was. I did try it and it wasn’t that much better than the default settings, but that was the first release of the GCS software so not a very fair comparison.

Another question is we know that the Nazza FC handles been offset from a normal centre mount position - I would be interested to know if any other FC has performed as well