Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:33 PM
Mexico, JAL, Guadalajara
Joined Mar 2012
388 Posts
Does NAZA still the best option for the Ecilop?.... or a Wookong is to much for the performance Naza and Ecilop has?... Has somebody tried Openpilot CC3d on Ecilop? Since there is some debate about CC3d vs Naza performance w/o GPS.
I am making numbers and 700 dls more is something to think it twice I see a lot of nice videos with Naza and different opinions about Naza and the weight and prop size for Ecilop and that raised my doubts about which is the best FC for Ecilop today?.
Tk you all.

Cheers!...
jocheluich is online now Find More Posts by jocheluich
Last edited by jocheluich; Feb 01, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:45 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney1959 View Post
AliB yes esc's etc all done. The parts have all flown on other quads with the exception of Motors/props.

Ive tried various gains from 90 through to 150 on basics and 120-180 on ATTI

I did a quick test fly tonight with some 10x4.5 which are to small but overall its a much closer to how it should be.

Maybe the Gemfan 12x4.5 are just to big. Its as if the motor RPM is to slow to stabilise the quad properly just at the point off liftoff.

I have some 900Kv motors as a last resort but will try the new Naza first
I found this in another thread I use. It might be helpful.

Mine stay around 100-130 on all of my settings I'm most comfortable in the 120's. I'm currently set at 120 for basic gains and 100 for Atti gain. 12 x 4.5 carbon props with Avroto 2814-11s running on 4s.

This is the NAZA gain test by Cervanchez
Naza Gain Effects (0 min 0 sec)

Note: this video, as it says, is for his setup. I fly my ECILOP with basically the same settings as my HT FPV and it's been fine.

This is a test with my ECILOP setup- VIDEO REPOST -
Ecilop Test, Sony Nex 5N (AVCHD1080) (3 min 56 sec)
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:51 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Does anyone know of a remote zoom feature for the Nex 5n?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:04 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post

This is a test with my ECILOP setup- VIDEO REPOST -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6tyGdnkP8
Very nice flying! Nice and smooth... Got it well balanced!

What make of prop are you using for the 12x4.5? And are you using the light or stiff springs?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:03 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
Does anyone know of a remote zoom feature for the Nex 5n?
why would you need remote zoom? you cant fly closer or just use fixed zoom lens like 50mm.
Nex 5 lenses dont have auto zoom, only autofocus.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Last edited by LiutaS; Jan 23, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:05 AM
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Finally my Hexa Ecilop is flying with Naza and gimbal connected. Need to work more on stabilization, but going there. Tested RTH, works just fine
Naza RTH Test (2 min 1 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
Finally my Hexa Ecilop is flying with Naza and gimbal connected. Need to work more on stabilization, but going there. Tested RTH, works just fine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K39TdPv7U6Q
I haven't dared try RTH yet....

BTW new Sony Nex lens announced 20mm F2.8
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/01...3-5-6-3-OSS-PZ
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:29 PM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
Just to update my post concerning drift and tipping problem with my Ecilop. I substituted my original Naza with a new one out of box today and problem is gone.

My No1 Naza is faulty

The faulty Naza is an early one although firmware updated. Its mostly been on small quads with high KV motors and always had a mild right drift issue. Even when DJI introduced IMU calibration it still has a tendency to move around a little.

I tried 10X5 EleKtro props on my TBS Disco a 4S 900Kv setup a while back but it flew rubbish. and switched back to 9x5 EleKtro's immediately. Now I think about it, in my previous videos, you see me constantly adding slight Aileron corrections. So thinking its not been 100% since new.

It's still working but just not as good as it should be. Time to send it back Quadcopters.co.uk under warranty
barney1959 is offline Find More Posts by barney1959
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:37 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,536 Posts
people with naza gps unit,, what are your co-ords for the GPS? mainly Z direction..
how do you guess the vertical centre of gravity.. it will be around the centre of the axial unit, but is there anyway of getting it more accurate? i think this might be causeing slight porposing while flying foreward,
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
people with naza gps unit,, what are your co-ords for the GPS? mainly Z direction..
how do you guess the vertical centre of gravity.. it will be around the centre of the axial unit, but is there anyway of getting it more accurate? i think this might be causeing slight porposing while flying foreward,
I did not change any settings for gps, left stock parameters, and it works perfect on my hexa.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:04 PM
Joined Oct 2010
55 Posts
AliB Assistant only accepts the distance to the nearest cm
barney1959 is offline Find More Posts by barney1959
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:23 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Very nice flying! Nice and smooth... Got it well balanced!

What make of prop are you using for the 12x4.5? And are you using the light or stiff springs?

Yes they are 12 x 4.5. I'm using the stiffer springs. I think the manual recommended them. They were a PITA to get on though. I actually have some cheap-o CF props on it now but I used my "cheapER" APC props in the video I posted. To be honest I really cant tell the difference between either set but the CF props make it look pretty!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:25 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
I would think "Z" would be "0" if you have it mounted directly off the frame/level with the frame.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:32 PM
KK4LIK
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
why would you need remote zoom? you cant fly closer or just use fixed zoom lens like 50mm.
Nex 5 lenses dont have auto zoom, only autofocus.
I have a video project I was going to help a friend with and I thought it would add a cinematic quality to the project if I could zoom in and out. Thanks for the heads-up on the lens though. I'm not very familiar with photography equipment. I was crossing my fingers though. I did recieve my pic/video IR switch to attach to my reciever today though. Looking forward to figuring that system out!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:20 AM
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocheluich View Post
Hi...I confess, I am saving for an Ecilop cause I stupidly ordered another frame for fpv (budget wise according to me).... and in the end I spent the same as a new Ecilop, motors, esc...

... so my concerns is Does NAZA still the best option for the Ecilop?.... or a Wookong is to much for the performance Naza and Ecilop has?... Has somebody tried Openpilot CC3d on Ecilop? Since there is some debate about CC3d vs Naza performance w/o GPS.
I am making numbers and 700 dls more is something to think it twice I see a lot of nice videos with Naza and different opinions about Naza and the weight and prop size for Ecilop and that raised my doubts about which is the best FC for Ecilop today?.
Tk you all.

Cheers!...

+1 to know about the cc3d...
Parsec3d is offline Find More Posts by Parsec3d