HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
I'm about to get into the gyro gain settings. I do not have a servo tester. I'm planning on setting it in transmitter (er9x). I need help understanding the hookup. I read that the gain signal wires should be connected together and then to a single channel. So the gyro gains do not need to be set independently? Can someone explain please?
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
I'm about to get into the gyro gain settings. I do not have a servo tester. I'm planning on setting it in transmitter (er9x). I need help understanding the hookup. I read that the gain signal wires should be connected together and then to a single channel. So the gyro gains do not need to be set independently? Can someone explain please?
Whether they are plugged into one channel or both into the same servo tester, you can then, independently from that global setting, adjust the roll and pitch sensitivity individually in the FC. If you are using the Naza it's on the gimbal page of their Assistant SW.
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
Ecilop Easy - USD 349

I am glad to announce that starting December 1st the price for Ecilop Easy Kit is 349 USD.

Starting January 2013 we reduce the discount rates for distributors. The results of the past year gave us the understanding that we sell more devices via Ecilop.tv webpage then with the help of distributors. So we decided to reduce the prices for distributors and make the kits cheaper to the customers.

First models of Ecilop were presented to the public a year ago. Since then we earned recognition, the equipment became better, we grew in production, prices are getting lower. The reliability of the device is tested by a lot of customers, including the crash tests. We are constantly working on modernization and development of new models.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
Whether they are plugged into one channel or both into the same servo tester, you can then, independently from that global setting, adjust the roll and pitch sensitivity individually in the FC. If you are using the Naza it's on the gimbal page of their Assistant SW.
Thanks. What I am still wondering is, aside from the gimbal control in fc, is there any reason to have separate gain signals per gyro rather than a global one?

I am just starting to mess with it but that is one thing I wasn't clear on from reading posts.

And wow on the Ecilop price.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:09 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
We have an assembled, fine-tuned and checked device fully equipped on sale:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post23406801

Including flight controller, camera, batteries and charger.
The equipment set includes:
Ecilop Easy V1209;
Camera Sony NEX-5, 16mm lens + 18-55mm lens;
Upgrade for the camera to be controlled remotely;
SD memory card 32Gb;
Remote Futaba T8J, mode-2 (new);
Flight controller DJI NAZA with GPS;
Four speed controllers T-Motor ESC 18A;
Motors MT3506-25;
Propellers Gemfan 13x4, Carbon, 4 spares;
Servos MKS DS9670A+;
Gyros Turnigy MINI MEMS;
HDMI to AV converter;
Simple OSD;
Video transmitter and receiver 5,8GHz 200mW;
Four LiPo batteries Zippy 5000mA/h 4S 20C (used);
Four LiPo batteries Zippy 5000mA/h 4S 25C (new);
Four ports charger Turnigy 400W (new)
Power Supply Turnigy 540W (new)

RTF weigh 2.3kg
Shipping weigh 17kg
Box 0.54x0.54x0.41m plywood.

Ecilop Easy + Ecilop Stereo:
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
That is awesome. Can I come over?

Good day for me today. After being grounded for several months, I had my first test flight with the Ecilop tonight. I still have to tune and hook up the camera transmitter, but it was great to just get it off the ground for a bit. I only took it up for a few minutes but overall it felt very stable. The motors and props required slight balancing but for the most part they were very good.

Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
I am glad to announce that starting December 1st the price for Ecilop Easy Kit is 349 USD.

Starting January 2013 we reduce the discount rates for distributors. The results of the past year gave us the understanding that we sell more devices via Ecilop.tv webpage then with the help of distributors. So we decided to reduce the prices for distributors and make the kits cheaper to the customers.

First models of Ecilop were presented to the public a year ago. Since then we earned recognition, the equipment became better, we grew in production, prices are getting lower. The reliability of the device is tested by a lot of customers, including the crash tests. We are constantly working on modernization and development of new models.
Thanks Alexsey,
my list for Santa this Christmas:

- Y6 model for better penetration in windy conditions, also easier to see and orientate.
- a version where I can use my NEX5 with 16mm + 0,75x lens (=12mm) without having props or landing gear in sight.
- flying times of up to 15-16 minutes with the extra weight needed such as that x0,75 Sony adapterlens, AV Tx, Eagle tree systems +OSD etc.

I also have very special mod I would like to have to be able to pan very smoothly with the ECILOP but I will keep that to myself in case no one comes up with it for sale. It could be integrated very easily to a ECILOP. I have started to construct a very special frame with all of the above in case Alexsey doesnt offer a Y6, which I hope he will do. With such a frame I can take steady photos and film, a real multi machine.
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Last edited by tritan; Dec 01, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:43 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
Great news on the price drop, and congratulation for a successful year with your invention. It's impressive how good this is doing, success is well deserved.

I'll still wait for a bigger version that can stabilize a 1-1.2kg camera/lens combo (hopefully foldable), I hope you release that one soon, it will be a killer on the market for those who are not satisfied with small camera and plastic lens (and they are many).

I hope people will continue to support you rather than to buy the faulty copies

Alain
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:07 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2005
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Thanks Alexsey,

- Y6 model for better penetration in windy conditions, also easier to see and orientate.
- a version where I can use my NEX5 with 16mm + 0,75x lens (=12mm) without having props in sight
- flying times of up to 15-16 minutes with the extra weight needed such as that x0,75 Sony adapterlens, AV Tx, Eagle tree systems +OSD etc.

I also have very special mod I would like to have to be able to pan very smoothly with the ECILOP but I will keep that to myself in case no one comes up with it for sale. It could be integrated very easily to a ECILOP. I have started to construct a very special frame with all of the above in case Alexsey doesnt offer a Y6, which I hope he will do. With such a frame I can take steady photos and film, a real multi machine.

I'd be interested in this as well.
theShark is offline Find More Posts by theShark
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
annoying glitch

Help: something is producing an annoying glitch that I've never had before. I keep getting sudden lurches. I've checked everything I can think of like connections, wires. Can anybody think of what to look for? The only thing I've changed since successful flights last week is addition of the new alloy landing gear fixings. FC settings I put back to default, (from 120,120,0, 120, atti110,110 and then lowered then to 90% but that didn't change things. Gimball settings are 13 on both roll and pitch with 2 G105. Changing the servo tester gain doesn't change anything so it's on full. The ESCs ping all clear, props are tight...

DSC 5918 (0 min 24 sec)
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:45 AM
www.flycamera.de
Joined Sep 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Thanks Alexsey,

- a version where I can use my NEX5 with 16mm + 0,75x lens (=12mm) without having props or landing gear in sight.

Subscribed!
Y6 would be the best!!
Nordcopter is offline Find More Posts by Nordcopter
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Guys, i have unmounted my ecilop to improve the wire position.
But now, I re mounted and when i power on the gimbal isn't powered...
Do you have any idea ?

I have NAZA DJI, both gyros connected on F1, F2 and i tried to connect both gain on servo tester that powered by a NIMH (for testing)
thomasamoth is offline Find More Posts by thomasamoth
Last edited by thomasamoth; Dec 01, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:24 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
Help: something is producing an annoying glitch that I've never had before.
I would try disconecting gimbal servos and giro. If its still the same, than try diferent controler. Try as well using other battery. Check all connections. If still wont help, than esc could be foulty. Do they get hot?
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
I just noticed a hot esc on mine. I currently have all 4 esc bec power lines (30a plush) plugged into my fc. I am thinking that this is wrong and that maybe the servos are drawing too much current.

I am thinking of revising so that only one of the esc bec power lines is connected to fc, and then use 2 other escbec power lines to each power one servo. Does this sound right?

The again, since the 4 are plugged in parallel (linear regulators), the amps should be multiplied right so it should be ok? Thinking maybe it could be related to sitting idle, or maybe faulty esc since they are not all the same temperature. Hmm..
Last edited by InfinitR; Dec 01, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Seems corrected by distributing the multiple BEC's individually to components instead of all on the FC.

I just tested hover time with 5000mah 20C 4s and about 2.65kg weight and got 12 minutes 15 seconds at about 55-60% throttle before getting a 13.6v warning alarm. That was better than expected. The battery was a bit warm. I am going to try a 5800mah 25C 4s at 100grams more and see how that goes.

I get a bit of a motor harmonic (whistle) right around my hoverspeed. Anyone else have that?

Gimbal is working but still tuning so no test footage yet.
Last edited by InfinitR; Dec 01, 2012 at 04:58 PM.