HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,586 Posts
Mod. #4

When I had mounted my motors they were very hard to turn by hand. The holes in the motor arms are only about 7,6mm and my AXI2814/22 requires because of the motor axle safety ring in the bottom of the motor a hole of at least 7,98mm.

I redrilled in 2 steps - first with a 8,0mm drill bit and finished off with a 8,5mm to have some clearence.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Last edited by tritan; May 15, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 09:02 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
"roll" gyro must not be tilted with a "tilt" servo.
What does it mean?

Please help me to find a solution if you can.....
how and where i must mount those gyros?
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old May 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,586 Posts
Brombo, try mount them as in the manual.

When all gyros and servos are working and the other servo doesnt react upon the servo motor running (with the gyro mounted on it) then everything should be ok.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old May 15, 2012, 11:06 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
568 Posts
Hi guys are there any raw videos out there?
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old May 15, 2012, 11:06 AM
jbb
Joined May 2006
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I have a naive question- if I buy a WKM for the Ecilop and want to get all the software and hardware component including the Google Maps interface for it, what stuff do I have to order? The DJI website lists so many variants, it's confusing:
And does anyone have a suggestion on a online distributor which would have the best prices on the WKM for US buyers? Or is it best to by directly from DJI and have it shipped overseas?

Thanks!
right now I believe 'DJI USA' has a good deal going, http://www.uavproducts.com/

WKM = $1100
plus free F450 ARF
(includes motors and escs, a $200+ value).

The extras are: Data Link, View, Single Waypoint and Multi Waypoint. I believe the software is all actually already 'on' the device, you're simply purchasing the license and given an access code to unlock the features.

The Data Link is a wireless device, and View is the software app that has the maps and allows you to see where you're going on the laptop. You purchse the Data Link device and they throw in the View software for 'free'.
The Data Link comes in two flavors, 2.4ghz and 900mhz = WKM+$400 or $550
View software = $free

Single Waypoint is a grand more, and lets you actually use the View software to control the craft to a single point in space. = WKM+DataLink+$1160

The Multi-Waypoint costs exactly the same as Single, plus another few hundred....lets you set multiple waypoints. = WKM+DataLink+SingleWP +$530
or
WKM+DataLink+$1690

Each of the above can be purchased seperatly, but must be in that order...there does not appear to be any savings in purchasing the entire package at once vs piecemeal. There does not appear to be any shipping delays or charges with the Waypoint packages since they are simply passcodes.

You are correct, it is incredibly confusing, the way their sites are setup.

Personally, I'll probably get the WKM basic + free F450.
Then I'll either:
A: get a naza for the F450
B: sell the F450 NIB

If you use the F450 flamewheel, you're looking at
1100+(400 or 550)+1690= 3190 or 3340

If you use Ecilop +$595
$3785-$3935

plus the FPV, and OSD setup...and battery...(s)....oh yeah, camera, lol

Hey how about more user videos!!
jbb is offline Find More Posts by jbb
Old May 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,230 Posts
Like jbb says, The best distibutor in US is www.uavproducts.com or www.djiusa.com
Robert is an awesome guy he will help you decide what is best for you and not sell you just anything.
Give him a call but Monday is a very busy day for him.

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old May 15, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Really curious why anyone would even consider mounting a GPS (not to mention waypoint software) to an AV platform. These two are the most useless features you can imagine on a flying steadycam. Reminds me of the 80ies hype with the digital watches and their built-in calculators.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old May 15, 2012, 07:04 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,131 Posts
position hold and RTL are great safety features.. and in Canada I can use this to my advantage when applying for permits.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 15, 2012, 07:17 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,367 Posts
sorry if this is a repost, but i jus tin case:
The Pitchbrothers Smackdown -Evaldas "Elvis" showing his quadcop (4 min 31 sec)
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22
Old May 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb View Post
right now I believe 'DJI USA' has a good deal going, http://www.uavproducts.com/

WKM = $1100
plus free F450 ARF
(includes motors and escs, a $200+ value).

The extras are: Data Link, View, Single Waypoint and Multi Waypoint. I believe the software is all actually already 'on' the device, you're simply purchasing the license and given an access code to unlock the features.

The Data Link is a wireless device, and View is the software app that has the maps and allows you to see where you're going on the laptop. You purchse the Data Link device and they throw in the View software for 'free'.
The Data Link comes in two flavors, 2.4ghz and 900mhz = WKM+$400 or $550
View software = $free

Single Waypoint is a grand more, and lets you actually use the View software to control the craft to a single point in space. = WKM+DataLink+$1160

The Multi-Waypoint costs exactly the same as Single, plus another few hundred....lets you set multiple waypoints. = WKM+DataLink+SingleWP +$530
or
WKM+DataLink+$1690

Each of the above can be purchased seperatly, but must be in that order...there does not appear to be any savings in purchasing the entire package at once vs piecemeal. There does not appear to be any shipping delays or charges with the Waypoint packages since they are simply passcodes.

You are correct, it is incredibly confusing, the way their sites are setup.

Personally, I'll probably get the WKM basic + free F450.
Then I'll either:
A: get a naza for the F450
B: sell the F450 NIB

If you use the F450 flamewheel, you're looking at
1100+(400 or 550)+1690= 3190 or 3340

If you use Ecilop +$595
$3785-$3935

plus the FPV, and OSD setup...and battery...(s)....oh yeah, camera, lol

Hey how about more user videos!!
Hey, thanks a lot for the pointers! But I wonder if it WKM work properly for the Ecilop? For example, the WKM uses a 3-axis gyro with a barometer, but I've read on this thread that this is not really what Ecilop needs. etc., etc. What are WKM owners substituting for these gyros, for example on this platform?
Tyrone Slothrop is offline Find More Posts by Tyrone Slothrop
Old May 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Jun 2008
568 Posts
@lbrr22 thanks for the vid post
Old May 16, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Jun 2008
568 Posts
Hey guys just a query Im interested in getting this and modify it to an OCTO, x8 or even flat. Any issues you see that might affect its "inertial stabilization"? Thanks
Old May 16, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Dec 2005
77 Posts
hey how does it work with mikrokopters fc? someone who used Mikrokopter in this frame?
some setup tips to MK for this frame?
skygizmo is offline Find More Posts by skygizmo
Old May 16, 2012, 12:24 PM
jbb
Joined May 2006
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Really curious why anyone would even consider mounting a GPS (not to mention waypoint software) to an AV platform. These two are the most useless features you can imagine on a flying steadycam. Reminds me of the 80ies hype with the digital watches and their built-in calculators.
It's difficult for me to imagine not wanting gps and waypoints on AP setup

Gps to hold position while the shot is framed, in the wind

Waypoints to ensure consistent positioning for recurring photo sessions, commercial developments

Either way, I'll be amending my wkm plans, as naza will be getting gps next week
Old May 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
jbb
Joined May 2006
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
It's difficult for me to imagine not wanting gps and waypoints on AP setup

Gps to hold position while the shot is framed, in the wind

Waypoints to ensure consistent positioning for recurring photo sessions, commercial developments

Either way, I'll be amending my wkm plans, as naza will be getting gps next week .... woot!