Joined Oct 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
1. Ecilop = 599.00
2. MR Mini650 = 129.00
3. ZERO-Steadicam = 4xx.00
4. Glyder 600 = 240.00
5. Ellipse Mini 600 = 77.00 (488.00 Chinese Yuan)

tell me why?
because the Ecliop is the original one, very good quality .. (( real support )) .. my Ecliop had many crashes still flaying no damage on main frame
s6100021 is offline Find More Posts by s6100021
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
1. Ecilop = 599.00
2. MR Mini650 = 129.00
4. Glyder 600 = 240.00

tell me why?

+1 - the Ecilop service is next to NONE. I have never come across better service or a better supplier of multirotor parts in this industry. Ships next day every time and the quality of the products is the best I have seen.

Also the proof is in the pudding... I am yet to see the same quality footage from the hands of users that the Ecilop can produce. If you are planning on even using your multicopter ONCE for commercial purposes then the Ecilop will pay for itself.

I also know of at least one person that has started on the other clone style multis and ended up buying an ecilop.
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
+1 - the Ecilop service is next to NONE. I have never come across better service or a better supplier of multirotor parts in this industry. Ships next day every time and the quality of the products is the best I have seen.

Also the proof is in the pudding... I am yet to see the same quality footage from the hands of users that the Ecilop can produce. If you are planning on even using your multicopter ONCE for commercial purposes then the Ecilop will pay for itself.

I also know of at least one person that has started on the other clone style multis and ended up buying an ecilop.

Thanks.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Mar 2009
198 Posts
Is anyone else using Simon K Flashed Esc? I just switched out my rctimer 30amp esc for their SimonK 30amp flashed esc and Suddenly my copter has no power. It's the exact same Esc just with different firmware. I have to bring it up to 80% to hover and before it was just over 50%! I have to give it 100% to save from a decent. I thought maybe the throttle range needs to be set but apparently theres no way to program anything on them. Help!
flyingdogfilms is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogfilms
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
198 Posts
Ok Figured it out. It was Throttle calibration like it seemed. Just didn't get the same beeps I'm used to so it threw me off.
flyingdogfilms is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogfilms
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Glad you figured it out
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:29 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
1. Ecilop = 599.00
2. MR Mini650 = 129.00
4. Glyder 600 = 240.00

tell me why?
The best thing to find out is videos. And i can see plenty of Ecilops frames flying without digital stabilization and they look perfect. There is only few of this chinese copys flying, and they are to far away to be good.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
The best thing to find out is videos. And i can see plenty of Ecilops frames flying without digital stabilization and they look perfect. There is only few of this chinese copys flying, and they are to far away to be good.
As a guy who is just starting to explore a platform and camera mount for video, the lack of any standardized way to demonstrate performance makes it pretty hard to compare these machines. There are many factors at play in any video.

I think from my standpoint, once I see a substantial number of good videos shot by different people on a given machine I will have confidence to buy one. I think a standardized bench testing tilting and shaking system for the camera mount could be designed but I don't know who would do this and test a bunch of platforms with gimbals or balance arms on them.

To throw a monkey wrench into this I also see lots of good videos shot with a hard mounted GoPro on Scarab and other simple quads. So the pilot is a big factor and anything flown at some speed seems smoother.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,540 Posts
whos running the mt 3506 motors with 1238 props (or other prop for that matter)

how smooth are they and how do you find the efficiency?
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:33 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
As a guy who is just starting to explore a platform and camera mount for video, the lack of any standardized way to demonstrate performance makes it pretty hard to compare these machines. There are many factors at play in any video.

I think from my standpoint, once I see a substantial number of good videos shot by different people on a given machine I will have confidence to buy one. I think a standardized bench testing tilting and shaking system for the camera mount could be designed but I don't know who would do this and test a bunch of platforms with gimbals or balance arms on them.

To throw a monkey wrench into this I also see lots of good videos shot with a hard mounted GoPro on Scarab and other simple quads. So the pilot is a big factor and anything flown at some speed seems smoother.
+1 The pilot is always the biggest factor.
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post

I think you have hit the nail on the head so to speak. This whole game comes down to your ability to execute - botht he build and the filming/flying. None of the multirotors at the forefront of innovation and performance are "plug and play" or easy to setup and use. All require a fair bit of study, experience and skill to make them perform.

That being said, some systems are more capable than others.
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
I'm using the Pirate Eye FPV screen and finding that when I adjust the Nex5 so the all important exposure is correct, the image on screen is a touch too dark and contrasty for distinguishing ground detail. If I bump up the Nex5 exposure, the skies are burnt out, so not an option. There's no adjustment to the screen brightness or contrast as far as I can see, so is there a work around? IE fooling the screen to make it lighter or inserting some electronic gizmo between the video RX and the Pirate Eye electronics.
http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/vid...ocular-goggles
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,540 Posts
ouch... those monacles are expensiveeee
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:48 PM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
I'm using the Pirate Eye FPV screen and finding that when I adjust the Nex5 so the all important exposure is correct, the image on screen is a touch too dark and contrasty for distinguishing ground detail. If I bump up the Nex5 exposure, the skies are burnt out, so not an option. There's no adjustment to the screen brightness or contrast as far as I can see, so is there a work around? IE fooling the screen to make it lighter or inserting some electronic gizmo between the video RX and the Pirate Eye electronics.
http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/vid...ocular-goggles
My friend used them, and it dosnt seem to be good at all in sunny day. i prefer to get loose fatsharks, so you can see your multirotor and when you put your eyes down in to googles screen see live view.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Ecilop is worth every penny and then some

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
I like the idea of supporting the innovator rather than the copier.
Yep, exactly. If we don't support the inventors - there will be no new improvements. Copycats can only replicate (or try to) and drive the price down to a point where no one makes money - for sure not enough to provide support.

I will purchase every version of Ecilop that becomes available. I have like 300 flights on mine without a single hiccup, never had anything cheap with that kind of track record. I would have to buy 3 of those cheap ones and have all the hassle on top of it, that would actually cost more than one Ecilop.
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels