HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Me too.

I will have to get back once I hook them up to the APM. I'm still looking for MG930's now since I just got bait-and-switched for the wrong servos on an Ebay auction. Err.
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Last edited by InfinitR; Nov 09, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Mar 2009
198 Posts
So I've got My Ecilop up and flying and for the most part it does quite well. With normal slow flight it keeps things nice and steady. The problem comes when I'm making a faster sideways flight I consistently lose the horizon. I thought it was due poor balance of my battery with the camera causing it to swing but this has been remedied and the problem persists. What variable should I change to get the results I'm looking for?
flyingdogfilms is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogfilms
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:55 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdogfilms View Post
So I've got My Ecilop up and flying and for the most part it does quite well. With normal slow flight it keeps things nice and steady. The problem comes when I'm making a faster sideways flight I consistently lose the horizon. I thought it was due poor balance of my battery with the camera causing it to swing but this has been remedied and the problem persists. What variable should I change to get the results I'm looking for?
Due to many posts here and also manual on ecilop.tv this is normal behavior and you cannot change it. It is caused by acc or gyro I dont know exactly. Try to find it.
Ulda is offline Find More Posts by Ulda
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:58 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Here: http://ecilop.tv/faq/faq.phtml#Anchor-17169
Ulda is offline Find More Posts by Ulda
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Mar 2009
198 Posts
Bummer
flyingdogfilms is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogfilms
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jun 2012
257 Posts
This is video of a 100eur frame with the same principle as ecilop ( as far as I can see )..
六軸空拍飛行器 fcp 剪輯 (2 min 53 sec)

Can somebody tell me how can this look so much better than anything I can see on this thread, with a fraction of the price? What am i missing?
gondoflier is offline Find More Posts by gondoflier
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
www.flycamera.de
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondoflier View Post
This is video of a 100eur frame with the same principle as ecilop ( as far as I can see )..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2lmfKntrcE&feature=plcp

Can somebody tell me how can this look so much better than anything I can see on this thread, with a fraction of the price? What am i missing?
roll axis is offset
Nordcopter is offline Find More Posts by Nordcopter
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:06 PM
kitesurfer
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Dec 2005
1,423 Posts
Quote:

got any pics of the setup?
course it will be cheaper if you make it yourself,, and this frame is alot about setup. if it's setup well, it will work as well as a zenmuse. not setup well, it will not be so good.
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
got any pics of the setup?
course it will be cheaper if you make it yourself,, and this frame is alot about setup. if it's setup well, it will work as well as a zenmuse. not setup well, it will not be so good.
I don't have any pics. I hope the author will share some. If it's about setup why can't I see any videos this stable, completely vibration and smooth flying in this forum? I suspect its because this is a hexa and thus moves more smoothly so the gimbal ( steadicam ) doesn't have to work so much. I wish we can get a frame like this, but quality made like ecilop. I hope someone will do it soon and make it cost reasonable so we don't have to spend thousands of dollars for half measures.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Auckland NZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,712 Posts
Quote:

None of that looks any better than JamieNZ's footage in this thread.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Jun 2012
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
None of that looks any better than JamieNZ's footage in this thread.
I agree it's very close. On JamieNZ's there is a little yaw wobble and I don't know how much has been post stabilized..that being said I also don't know how much of the video I posted has been post stabilized either.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Auckland NZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,712 Posts
I know Jamie, I have been with him when he has flown his ecilop. He isnt using post stabilization. Also for example the footage of the wakeboarders in a pool was one of his first flights with his ecilop. His recent flights have been superb.

Value for money the Ecilop has to be close to the best out there. you get a gimbal and frame all in one price and when its setup correctly the footage is lovely. Other systems you buy the frame and then buy a gimbal and none of the cheap to mid priced gimbals come close to the Ecilop.

I dont see any improvement in Fu's frame over the Ecilop.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:23 PM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
815 Posts
Quote:

you can get the same quality of video from ecilop The price tag of Ecilop is higher, because many parts are made from carbon fiber.. but it can withstand a lot!
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Last edited by stanleyy; Nov 11, 2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
If anyone has 2 extra Turnigy MG930's, please let me know...been trying to find a few for awhile now. Thx.
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Aug 2012
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
If anyone has 2 extra Turnigy MG930's, please let me know...been trying to find a few for awhile now. Thx.
I'm not sure if the Tower branded ones are the same, but I bought one of these, which seems to work.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOWER-PRO-...item1c26475aa3
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993