HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
WKM for Ecilop question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo View Post
...it's my 3rd WKM...
I have a naive question- if I buy a WKM for the Ecilop and want to get all the software and hardware component including the Google Maps interface for it, what stuff do I have to order? The DJI website lists so many variants, it's confusing: WK-M, 2.4GHz Data Link, 900MHz Data Link, WK-M View Kit (2.4GHz), WK-M View Kit (900MHz), WK-M Single Waypoint, WK-M Single Waypoint Kit (2.4GHz), WK-M Single Waypoint Kit (900MHz), WK-M Waypoint, WK-M Waypoint Kit (2.4GHz), WK-M Waypoint Kit (900MHz).

And does anyone have a suggestion on a online distributor which would have the best prices on the WKM for US buyers? Or is it best to by directly from DJI and have it shipped overseas?

And if I want to go with a WKM-kitted out Ecilop, does anyone have suggestions/thoughts on the best set of other components for this, from motors and motor-controllers to gyros and props? FYI, besides the Ecilop, I've already ordered a TS UHF LRS 433 MHz setup from Danish Aviation Systems for a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 transmitter (Multiplex Royal Evo 12) so the thing can be flown further and in urban canyons...

Thanks!
Tyrone Slothrop is offline Find More Posts by Tyrone Slothrop
Last edited by Tyrone Slothrop; May 15, 2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: added info on what I already bought + correction
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 04:06 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
@EndofDays

I have a couple of questions if you can help me..

It's my first experience with Gyros and i'm having trouble setting them,
i tried many ways but i'm not able to go into the setup..
i placed the Gyros one directly on the servo and the 2nd in the vertical part of the gimbal, then i powered up 1 gyro at time but i get always Hello-> DATA.?.
there is no way to see the setup..
I have the Turnigy MEMS Gyros from HK with programming box
any suggestions?
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old May 15, 2012, 04:12 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
If I were you I would never put the gyro direct on the servo - it can pick up vibrations from the motor or transmission inside.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old May 15, 2012, 04:17 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I have a naive question- if I buy a WKM for the Ecilop and want to get all the software and hardware component including the Google Maps interface for it, what stuff do I have to order? The DJI website lists so many variants, it's confusing: WK-M, 2.4GHz Data Link, 900MHz Data Link, WK-M View Kit (2.4GHz), WK-M View Kit (900MHz), WK-M Single Waypoint, WK-M Single Waypoint Kit (2.4GHz), WK-M Single Waypoint Kit (900MHz), WK-M Waypoint, WK-M Waypoint Kit (2.4GHz), WK-M Waypoint Kit (900MHz).

And does anyone have a suggestion on a online distributor which would have the best prices on the WKM for US buyers? Or is it best to by directly from DJI and have it shipped overseas?

And if I want to go with a WKM-kitted out Ecilop, does anyone have suggestions/thoughts on the best set of other components for this, from motors and motor-controllers to gyros and props? FYI, besides the Ecilop, I've already ordered a TS UHF LRS 433 MHz setup from Danish Aviation Systems for a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 transmitter (Multiplex Royal Evo 12) so the thing can be flown further and in urban canyons...

Thanks!
Hello,
you need to buy the WKM Waypoint KIT.. and you need to decide if you prefer 900mhz or 2.4Ghz as Data link.
In the KIT there is all you need

MC, IMU, GPS, LED, PMU, Data Link, Auto Takeoff , Built-in 3D map, Flight Instrument Board, realtime Flight statues, Keyboard /Joystrick control, Click to Go Home, Click & Go, Waypoint.
I'm sorry but i buy in Europe this kind of things, and i don't know what is the best in US.
see you
Old May 15, 2012, 04:20 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
If I were you I would never put the gyro direct on the servo - it can pick up vibrations from the motor or transmission inside.
I just made it looking the Zaitsevsky pictures on the website

Anyway you totally right..
where is the best place for you?
I'm having trouble fixing the servo of the Roll too where it was attached the servo.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:28 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Hmmm, yes I can see that, maybe I will try to put it on the same tube as the other gyro.
Easyer to see when I get further into my build.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:49 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Maybe in the central Tube up
Old May 15, 2012, 04:52 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Right picture
Old May 15, 2012, 05:37 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
@Brombo,

I am sorry, but I am not used to this type of gyros. I would recommend to put the on the table, and program them there with help of a servo, to see if they are working correctly.

best regards

Ferdinand
Quote:
@EndofDays

I have a couple of questions if you can help me..

It's my first experience with Gyros and i'm having trouble setting them,
i tried many ways but i'm not able to go into the setup..
i placed the Gyros one directly on the servo and the 2nd in the vertical part of the gimbal, then i powered up 1 gyro at time but i get always Hello-> DATA.?.
there is no way to see the setup..
I have the Turnigy MEMS Gyros from HK with programming box
any suggestions?
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old May 15, 2012, 05:39 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Right picture

No, you have to place it so it detects the very same angle - I dont think it will do that with the new position of the gyro.
Old May 15, 2012, 05:46 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@Brombo,

I am sorry, but I am not used to this type of gyros. I would recommend to put the on the table, and program them there with help of a servo, to see if they are working correctly.

best regards

Ferdinand
My question was.. "how to go inside the setup of this Gyro"
Thank you anyway for the suggestion.

I have never set it up a Gyro, and i have not found any video about a procedure.. i really don't know how to proceed
Last edited by Brombo; May 15, 2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old May 15, 2012, 05:55 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
No, you have to place it so it detects the very same angle - I dont think it will do that with the new position of the gyro.
This could be a solution?
Old May 15, 2012, 06:00 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
583 Posts
Quote:
This could be a solution?
"roll" gyro must not be tilted with a "tilt" servo.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Ok, so far I have made to mods:

the four screws can't go even with the CF (there is a 1mm gap between the head of the screw and the CF) so I had to take a drill bit (6mm) to carefully, by hand, make a slightly angled hole so the screw head now is completly down and even & in contact with the CF.

it disturbs me that the landing gear rattles (can also result in vibrations) as the round alu pieces which goes into the landing gear leg has too much difference in size. My solution was to take some white glue around the alu piece and then insert the alu piece back into the black landing gear tube.

Also, before you put Loctite on a screw, always first clean it with something (ethanol etc) to get rid of the dirt and grease it has from when it was produced. You will be amazed how much dirt you can remove, from a brand new, never used screw.

This goes of course also for screws which are to be used with Nyloc nuts.
Last edited by tritan; May 15, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,472 Posts
Mod. #3:
the same problem as mod.#1 goes for the 10x30mm CF motor mount plates - the head of the screw doesn't go all the way down to the CF. There is a 1mm gap between them which could result in parts coming loose after a while.
Same procedure as #1.

I must say that I am very pleased with the feel, stifness & fabrication of the parts.
It was shipped the same day as I payed and arrived just 3 days later, extremly well packaged and all pieces sorted out in plastic bags etc.

The mods above are just small details and we must remember that this is the first version of the ECILOP and being so it is very, very well done, IMHO.
Last edited by tritan; May 15, 2012 at 07:29 AM.