HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:37 PM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
I think for the NEX we need Mini HDMI - and that is unavailable.
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:14 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,577 Posts
just found this. looks perfect.
but they dont ship to UK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-male-to...item3ccc1d825e
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
just found this. looks perfect.
but they dont ship to UK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-male-to...item3ccc1d825e
I bought this one, works perfect:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Mini-Su.../370610525469?
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
156 Posts
hello,
On my ecilop i have a problem of not enough channels. i'm using a 9x with frsky modules with a max of 8 channels.
What i really want to do is have my ecilop set up to run with 2 controllers. A pilot flying fpv style and a photographer controlling the camera.
So my question is this, can i run 2 2.4ghz systems of one quad, or will the signals interfere with each other, and or shorten my range.
I want to order another 9x and frsky combo for the photographer.
I was thinking of perhaps using a second system on 72mhz, or 30mhz, but it would be easier to just duplicate the stuff i'm already familiar with.
Any help much appreciated !
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
Hi Zaitsevsky
It's possible to answer a simple question: I ask 3 times and don't get the answer.

What is the maximum camera weight Ecilop can carry?

It was created to Sony Nex, but i'm looking to use it with other camera like Cx760 with 600gr.
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:27 PM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizz101 View Post
hello,
On my ecilop i have a problem of not enough channels. i'm using a 9x with frsky modules with a max of 8 channels.
What i really want to do is have my ecilop set up to run with 2 controllers. A pilot flying fpv style and a photographer controlling the camera.
So my question is this, can i run 2 2.4ghz systems of one quad, or will the signals interfere with each other, and or shorten my range.
I want to order another 9x and frsky combo for the photographer.
I was thinking of perhaps using a second system on 72mhz, or 30mhz, but it would be easier to just duplicate the stuff i'm already familiar with.
Any help much appreciated !
As far as i know, you should be ok using both 2.4ghz sistems.
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:20 PM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,577 Posts
yeh, use the frsky as the main controller because that has the fasst switching system which is more reliable.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloreg View Post
Hi Zaitsevsky
It's possible to answer a simple question: I ask 3 times and don't get the answer.

It was created to Sony Nex, but i'm looking to use it with other camera like Cx760 with 600gr.
alexi mentioned 600g is about the max somewhere
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
HDMI mini (not micro) to HDMI standard. I found a 1ft one on Ebay for like $5.

Here is another, more expensive but 6".

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=80957263049
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Last edited by InfinitR; Nov 05, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
I'm planning to use one, with a Sony PJ760. I'll let people know how it goes.

And a word or two of praise for Aleksey - I ordered a universal mount in June and it's gone missing in the mail so I emailed Aleksey with a copy of the tracking info and he replied within an hour and about two hours later he'd sent another one. Great customer service.
Thanks to you whizz, that help i find Aleksey mention ecilop can fly with 600g camera. And that post form RedSky... but nothing about the results of this flight with PJ760 (Cx760).
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Aug 2012
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
unscrew the back (4screws)
if it has the big silver sensor, its an old gyro,
if it has the little black thing, its a new sensor

been reading alot through the heli section. the new gyro is very sensitive, and extremely sensitive to getting the correct gain.
i think there was also discussions of a similar thing with flight control boards. Using the big silver sensors (sorry i dont know what the different types are) vs the smaller (i think digital) sensors on kk type boards. the black one was much more sensitive to vibrations, causing alot of issues
I must have the newer smaller sensor, because even a 10ş turn of my servo tester is enough to make the difference between an oscillating arm and insufficient correction. I still don't have a decent setup. Here's a clip from yesterday afternoon. I have 140, 140, 100, 120 & 110 attitude set on Naza. Conditions were fairly good with light wind., but still unusable footage. should I go back to default FC settings or hunt for older 401b's?

Ecilop tests tree sunset.mov (1 min 37 sec)
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:46 AM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,577 Posts
ive just sourced down an old 401b. (thanks topgear) and ive also got another cheap gyro to try out. will post results later this week.

the new 401b is VERY sensitive. im struggling to get results with it. its abit better tuning from tx due to smaller increments, but that sacrificed my vid control.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
589 Posts
Here is the information form the manual:

The universal camera fixture allows you to install any camera on the drone. The camera is fixated with a regular tripod screw and should be flipped vertically. The ratio of the mass of the camera to the mass of the battery should be in the range of 0.9 - 1.35 (mass of the camera divided by the mass of the battery). It is not recommended to use cameras heavier than 650 grams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloreg View Post
Hi Zaitsevsky

Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
Here is the information form the manual:

The universal camera fixture allows you to install any camera on the drone. The camera is fixated with a regular tripod screw and should be flipped vertically. The ratio of the mass of the camera to the mass of the battery should be in the range of 0.9 - 1.35 (mass of the camera divided by the mass of the battery). It is not recommended to use cameras heavier than 650 grams.
Thanks!

I will try to use a maximum of 550g for camera and a 600g battery - 5000mah 4S.

About gyros i only find the options below:

HK 401b.........................................$12,0 0 - the new version doesn't work like the old
HK GA-250 MINI-MEMS...............$10 - maybe the best one at the momment?
Futaba GY520 Gyro....................$130,00 - expensive
Turnigy Mini MEMS......................$70,00
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Aug 2012
350 Posts
camera angle

I'm finding that I use the camera (Nex5N 16mm) angled level or not tilted down very much most of the time, which means the props appear in frame sometimes. Is there any reason why I shouldn't mount the motors 3-4cm higher on spacers? Should the FC be raised as well? Is it better to lower the camera instead? I think I need to change the angle of the camera anyway as it currently forces you to shoot with the pitch arm away from the ideal angle for arm stabilization, as you only have a third of the travel available which impacts on gyro gain settings.
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993