HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:09 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
for both Rec and Shutter? Camera must be remastered to get those features.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:18 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmohoin View Post

2) Has anyone rigged a ys-x6, can it handle the gyro? i need waypoint support (25) and not wanting a wookong.

3) what is the payload for a standard build? if i built this to spec what is the payload?

once i have this detail, consider me a customer..
anyone able to provide some insight to 2 and 3?

2 most important..

cheers

pog
pogmohoin is offline Find More Posts by pogmohoin
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:11 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
for both Rec and Shutter? Camera must be remastered to get those features.
yeh. i have this one http://www.flytron.com/rc-shutters/2...c-shutter.html

put switch one way it takes pick, switch the otherway it starts recording..
3 way switch used
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:43 AM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
yeh. i have this one http://www.flytron.com/rc-shutters/2...c-shutter.html

put switch one way it takes pick, switch the otherway it starts recording..
3 way switch used
Are you using it with the 5N? Stills and video? It only mentions 5 and 7.
InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Last edited by InfinitR; Nov 04, 2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:23 AM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
yep. 5n works with both pic and vid. i have it 2 switches mixed together so i have one switch to have take pics,, and if you leave the switch on, it just keeps taking pics, and the trainer switch to start and stop vid.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
yep. 5n works with both pic and vid. i have it 2 switches mixed together so i have one switch to have take pics,, and if you leave the switch on, it just keeps taking pics, and the trainer switch to start and stop vid.
Oh that sounds good, i made a stupid mistake and bought the shutter only version. I take pics with the trainer button (I've physically swopped the position of the gear and trainer switches so it feels more natural and like a camera shutter button [Spektrum DX8]).

Could you run it so that the trainer button shoots pics and the gear switch does video? Currently I've no idea how to program the TX to split the action but I'll go read the manual....
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Hi, can you explain me how you mounted the naza forward and centered like this ?
Mine is on one side and i don't want it like this anymore.
You add a piece i can see ?
thomasamoth is offline Find More Posts by thomasamoth
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:09 AM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
Oh that sounds good, i made a stupid mistake and bought the shutter only version. I take pics with the trainer button (I've physically swopped the position of the gear and trainer switches so it feels more natural and like a camera shutter button [Spektrum DX8]).

Could you run it so that the trainer button shoots pics and the gear switch does video? Currently I've no idea how to program the TX to split the action but I'll go read the manual....
i dont really know anything about the spektrum tx so cant really comment.im running er9x on a turnigy, so you can pretty much programme anything. as long as you can program so one switch goes to the high position, and one to the low position.

the only problem with the video recording is that you cannot leave the switch on while your recording. you must press then release the switch to start, then the same again to finish
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:09 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
hm, I wonder what means "hdmi/autofocus issue" in the description of gentLED-SHUTTER for NEX5... Does anyone know more about it?
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:19 AM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyy View Post
hm, I wonder what means "hdmi/autofocus issue" in the description of gentLED-SHUTTER for NEX5... Does anyone know more about it?
I remember reading a post about this somewhere. You have to put the Nex5 on Manual focus if you have an HDMI lead plugged in for remote video release to work. I remember also that someone had found a way to get around this, but I can't find the post. As autofocus is fairly unnecessary it's not an issue. I have taken pics with hdmi and autofocus, but video I just leave running for whole flight
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:22 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
I remember reading a post about this somewhere. You have to put the Nex5 on Manual focus if you have an HDMI lead plugged in for remote video release to work. I remember also that someone had found a way to get around this, but I can't find the post. As autofocus is fairly unnecessary it's not an issue. I have taken pics with hdmi and autofocus, but video I just leave running for whole flight
I see... I was affraid that it somehow switches off hdmi during flight or something... I am using HDMI output for FPV so this could be really *unpleasant*
And I guess NEX is unable to take pictures while shooting video, right?
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:23 AM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
do you use manual focus while filming?
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
I plan to add too more batteries on both side of the ECILOP, good idea or not ?
thomasamoth is offline Find More Posts by thomasamoth
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:41 AM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
do you use manual focus while filming?
Not currently but I can't see it being a problem. If your F stop is at 5.6 and lens set at infinity then everything 2 metres or more away will be in focus. If you go to F8 and focus just before infinity, almost everything from about 1 metre will be in focus. Lenses are at their sharpest around F5.6-8 anyway.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Jul 2011
177 Posts
I also use gentLed to Rec and take photos, using my DX8. For take photos i can't use the auto focus because it don't work, keep trying to focus and only take a few shots - doesn't work fine. at comparison with manual mode that is instantaneous, click and shot.

This is bad because i want to be sure that the photo was correctly focus, with manual focus i already make mistake and and take unfocus pictures.
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg