HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:13 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
I sympathise as there's info overload when starting all this. Previous posts seemed to have vital missing info such as plug colour.

Servo plug is the easy part as it plugs into the only female from the gyros

Plug both Yellow cables into servo a tester which stays on the Ecilop permanently and allows you to twiddle the knob for adjusting out the swinging movement of the camera gimbal. Or plug both yellow plugs via a Y-cable into Aux3 channel (Spektrum AR8000 RX) and use TX knob to adjust instead. In all cases make sure the plug is the correct way up so it's not in the + or - slots

If you have the Naza FC then Roll gyro black male plug into F1, Pitch gyro black male plug into F2
Instead of using the 401 gyros and carry the heavy servo tester onboard perhaps someone should try using this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_Gyro_JR.html .on each axis. There's a pot for adjusting the centering of the servo.
FlyingMcCoy is online now Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FlyingMcCoy; Oct 30, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:38 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
Instead of using the 401 gyros and carry the heavy servo tester onboard perhaps someone should try using this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...o_Gyro_JR.html .on each axis. There's a pot for adjusting the centering of the servo.
My servo tester only weighs abut 6 grams but the GWS Gyro does look interesting - and as you say the centering would be useful. However, out of stock atm.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@Thomas,

You could try an electronic V-mixer, one end on the Naza, another on the receiver or a servo-tester. You would need to adjust your gains on the Naza (double them), but then you should be able to "trim" roll.

best regards

Ferdinand

I GUYS,

From this long time i still don't have a solution for my roll camera problem.

I have tried a vtail mixer but i still can't trim de roll .... Have you succed with the Vtail ?

When you power your ECILOP the roll is never well centered, what is your solution for this ?

Aleksey, need your advice.

Thanks
thomasamoth is offline Find More Posts by thomasamoth
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:30 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasamoth View Post
I GUYS,

I have tried a vtail mixer but i still can't trim de roll .... Have you succed with the Vtail ?

When you power your ECILOP the roll is never well centered, what is your solution for this ?

Thanks
Thomas, what exactly is your problem? On my Ecilop I have trimmed the roll to zero using attached accelerometer on iPhone. After I power up the quad, I let it settle down for a few seconds (10-15 seconds), until accelerometers (or IMU or whatever ) on Naza finish their calibration. Then the roll reaches the correct position and I am ready to fly. Do you have different offset every time you power your quad or what?
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Yes exact i have offset each time i power my ecilop ...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
Quote:
Yes exact i have offset each time i power my ecilop ...
then you should recalibrate everything - magneto, imu, again set the roll center... I see no reason for such behaviour if the IMU is well calibrated and the device is stationary. What FC are you using, Naza?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Yes i'am using naza.

Why recalibrate magneto ?
How can i calibrate imu ?

Tom
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
Quote:
Yes i'am using naza.

Why recalibrate magneto ?
How can i calibrate imu ?

Tom
IMU can be calibrated using Naza Assistant, it is in the menu. And please don't tell me that you forgot to do a calibration of compass... This is a must, the sensor fusion doesn't work properly without calibration! Please follow the Naza manual (you have to do a bit of "dance" with the frame, but it is nicely written in the manual).
If the magneto is not calibrated, sensor fusion algorithm can create drifts and offsets, not mentioning issues with yaw during flight.
And of course you must compensate magnetic declination (check the declination here: http://magnetic-declination.com/ ) - you must rotate the gps module in the opposite direction to fix the difference between magnetic north and GPS north.
Good luck!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Hey, my compas is well calibrated, i my ecilop fly like a charm.
I just can't see why calibrate again my compas can affect my camera roll.

Cheers
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Feb 2011
821 Posts
Quote:
Hey, my compas is well calibrated, i my ecilop fly like a charm.
I just can't see why calibrate again my compas can affect my camera roll.

Cheers
It can affect your roll as the roll is calculated from device attitude which is calculated from fused sensor data. And if the FC gets invalid data, it generates invalid output. Magnetic sensor is extremely sensitive to *everything* and it can pretty much screw up the whole IMU calculation.
You can try to temporarily disconnect the GPS module and check if the problem is still there.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Aug 2008
227 Posts
Hum interesting. Will test it

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
572 Posts
Quote:
I GUYS,

Thanks

Is you gimbal stable during power on? there must be no movements during few seconds to initialize properly. That is why I'm suggesting to use a different switch for an equipment.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:56 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
Retractable chassis look great, but I am not going to sell them. First of all they may cause some vibration. Secondly – they are easy breakable during hard landing. If the pilot already able to hang in place, it’s better to avoid chassis.
My experiments with the long balance beam are to be continued.
true, they are flimsy but its worth having some vibration in exchange for being the coolest guy in the park
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:57 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,529 Posts
jus got my 12 38 apc. fingers crossed the work well. dont feel very stiff though
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:00 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
Is you gimbal stable during power on? there must be no movements during few seconds to initialize properly. That is why I'm suggesting to use a different switch for an equipment.
thus issue drove me crazy until i finally installed an independent gimbal controller. I now can center the roll via knob on radio.
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels