HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:11 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordcopter View Post
Help needed.
I have assembled everything and bird is flying well.
But unfortunately I really do not properly understand how to wire the HK401b Gyros.

Have already read through all the threads and recommendations of Jelico and all others who got their Gyros dialed up.

So please, can anyone tell me where to put each of the three cables?

Thanks a lot!!
man, it was written here at least 5 times, search the forum please next time. I will post it for the last time now: yellow cable - gyro gain settings (plug into receiver or servo tester), "female" connector - here you will plug the servo cable, male connector - plug it into gimbal output on your FC (pitch/roll channel depending on location of gyro)
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:26 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,575 Posts
those retracts look easy enough to make. just a single pivot point and a servo
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyy View Post
I think the pitch has too low gain...
I'll have to experiment more as i probably added too much now and my roll servo is twitching. I found a good subject to train on. Here's a few short clips (as the setup was worse than my previous video, conditions: light wind), I'm itching to film something rather fiddle with settings forever...

Ecilop Tree B&W 720.mov (0 min 59 sec)
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:33 AM
www.flycamera.de
Joined Sep 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
man, it was written here at least 5 times, search the forum please next time. I will post it for the last time now: yellow cable - gyro gain settings (plug into receiver or servo tester), "female" connector - here you will plug the servo cable, male connector - plug it into gimbal output on your FC (pitch/roll channel depending on location of gyro)
Stan, really appreciated!!
And I HAVE SEARCHED, but never found this explicit description.
This makes my day...
Nordcopter is online now Find More Posts by Nordcopter
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:58 AM
Slovenská republika, Bratislavský kraj, Bratislava - Podunajské Biskupice
Joined Feb 2011
824 Posts
Quote:
This makes my day...
Sure, you have to read a few consecutive posts to put it all together
This is my old post from this thread (no flame please :

"The gyroscope doesn't work if you don't connect all wires. One goes into servo, the other configures gyro sensitivity and mode (normal/heading hold) and the third wire defines the gyro offset + provides power to the gyro and servo.
You must connect servo (that is clear , you have to provide sensitivity signal (otherwise the gyro is disabled) and you must power it and set the offset (it is helicopter gyroscope originally used to compensate tail drift - so what you actually do is that you define the "tail offset" which is in our case the angle of your camera)."
stanleyy is offline Find More Posts by stanleyy
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:58 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
Ecilop-4, prototype of the Ecilop Stereo

https://vimeo.com/52359419
I love that retractable gear. I was working on a single servo system with cables but this seems to be simpler, maybe a few grams heavier. Will you offer those as an upgrade?

I was also thinking about lengthening the beam for smoother slower reaction. I guess this only works for calm days, no wind gusts?

Great work again but I think you are way ahead of the times with Stereo..
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
www.flycamera.de
Joined Sep 2012
43 Posts
I think this description and some very good hints of Jelico around page 40 to 50 in this thread are the key to a well performing ecilop system.

The manual lacks in this very important point, while everything else about the ecilop is unrivaled well constructed, fabricated and prepared!

Quote:
Sure, you have to read a few consecutive posts to put it all together
This is my old post from this thread (no flame please :

"The gyroscope doesn't work if you don't connect all wires. One goes into servo, the other configures gyro sensitivity and mode (normal/heading hold) and the third wire defines the gyro offset + provides power to the gyro and servo.
You must connect servo (that is clear , you have to provide sensitivity signal (otherwise the gyro is disabled) and you must power it and set the offset (it is helicopter gyroscope originally used to compensate tail drift - so what you actually do is that you define the "tail offset" which is in our case the angle of your camera)."
Nordcopter is online now Find More Posts by Nordcopter
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:17 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP993 View Post
I'll have to experiment more as i probably added too much now and my roll servo is twitching. I found a good subject to train on. Here's a few short clips (as the setup was worse than my previous video, conditions: light wind), I'm itching to film something rather fiddle with settings forever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uGH4meayv8
85mph wind in NYC, might not fly today - so have nothing else to do than digging through old footage. I remembered using the same subject a few months ago:

They cut down the tree (0 min 46 sec)
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycewheels View Post
85mph wind in NYC, might not fly today
Hope it isn't too drastic out there

Quote:
- so have nothing else to do than digging through old footage. I remembered using the same subject a few months ago:
Yeah, did that tree stump get blown across the Atlantic?! Your circling skills are way better than mine, I need to practice that, so it happens without thinking. It's a great training subject. I'll persevere, watch this space....
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycewheels View Post
I love that retractable gear. I was working on a single servo system with cables but this seems to be simpler, maybe a few grams heavier. Will you offer those as an upgrade?

I was also thinking about lengthening the beam for smoother slower reaction. I guess this only works for calm days, no wind gusts?

Great work again but I think you are way ahead of the times with Stereo..
Retractable chassis look great, but I am not going to sell them. First of all they may cause some vibration. Secondly – they are easy breakable during hard landing. If the pilot already able to hang in place, it’s better to avoid chassis.

My experiments with the long balance beam are to be continued.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:20 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
After buying this kit and reading up all the pages, i still didn't get to see how to wire up those gyros, servos to the RX.

Can any kind soul provide a proper connection diagram or schematics ?

Quote:
Help needed.
I have assembled everything and bird is flying well.
But unfortunately I really do not properly understand how to wire the HK401b Gyros.

Have already read through all the threads and recommendations of Jelico and all others who got their Gyros dialed up.

So please, can anyone tell me where to put each of the three cables?

Thanks a lot!!
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:45 AM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,575 Posts
there is picture in the manual and a description only a page ago
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:51 AM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,575 Posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estiavilla View Post
After buying this kit and reading up all the pages, i still didn't get to see how to wire up those gyros, servos to the RX.
Quote:
From Stanleyy: yellow cable - gyro gain settings (plug into receiver or servo tester), "female" connector - here you will plug the servo cable, male connector - plug it into gimbal output on your FC
I sympathise as there's info overload when starting all this. Previous posts seemed to have vital missing info such as plug colour.

Servo plug is the easy part as it plugs into the only female from the gyros

Plug both Yellow cables into servo a tester which stays on the Ecilop permanently and allows you to twiddle the knob for adjusting out the swinging movement of the camera gimbal. Or plug both yellow plugs via a Y-cable into Gear channel (adjust gain on TX). Use Aux3 channel (Spektrum AR8000 RX) to adjust camera pitch angle in both cases. In all cases make sure the plug is the correct way up so it's not in the + or - slots

If you have the Naza FC then Roll gyro black male plug into F1, Pitch gyro black male plug into F2
Last edited by TAP993; Oct 30, 2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:04 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
This makes my day...
If you go to HK 401B product and then scroll down and select "Files" tab you can find there user manual of the gyro and everything is explained there.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10113

... or PDF manual directly http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3X179727X8.pdf

I saw the picture of connection in another thread so here it is, it shows pretty well how to connect the system.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Last edited by alek3d; Oct 30, 2012 at 05:16 AM.