HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:20 PM
Utah, USA
Joined Jun 2007
600 Posts
Discussion
May 17 IMSF meeting, HELP

May 15 meeting

Wid Tolman has volunteered to take some time in the May IMSF meeting to talk about early model gliders. I thought it would be interesting if we all talked a little about how we each got interested in gliders.

I would like ya’ll to send me any photos you may have of your first or early model gliders. Scanned/digitized would be preferred. These will be projected so scanning at 300dpi or better would be nice. If you trust me with original photos, send them to me and I will scan and return the originals AND send you the scan files.

Scott Hinckley
5496 Callander Dr
Herriman, UT 84096

If you live in the southeast end of the valley you could also drop them off at Alta High School, 11055 S 1000 E, in Sandy between 7am and 3pm at the main office. I will be called or they will be put them in my mailbox. Make sure your name is on all photos or at least on the envelope.

If you don’t have photos, give me the name of the glider(s) and I will try to find photos on the Internet.

Example:
My first built-up glider was a Jetco Thermic 50 free flight in the 60’s. I built several RC gliders with power pods in the 70’s before I knew anything about winches or slope flying—Little T, Thermic 100 wing with original pod-and-boom fuselage, an original ply covered foam wing on several fuselages. First unpowered thermal glider was a built-from-plans Olympic II—started my experiences with hi-starts and winches, in Arizona.

Scott Hinckley

PS: If you actually have the original glider or plans, that would be WAY interesting!
shinck is offline Find More Posts by shinck
Last edited by shinck; May 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 10:08 PM
Utah, USA
Joined Jun 2007
600 Posts
May 15 meeting invite

IMSF Meeting, Tuesday, May 15
Salt Lake County Complex
2100 S State, room 3005
7pm

Personal histories of flying model gliders by those in attendance
This will be both formal and informal
Wid Tolman will give an illustrated history of his modeling

If you havenít sent photos to Scott of your early gliders, you can still do so by Sunday evening. High res scans, 300dpi, are preferred: shinck@yahoo.com

If you still have some of your first model gliders, bring them!
shinck is offline Find More Posts by shinck
Old May 15, 2012, 06:26 PM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,625 Posts
Can' make it tonight but interested in any pictures that were rounded up. Hopefully someone can post them up in here for everyone to see.
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz