SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:14 PM
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34
Shortman's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2003
2,116 Posts
Discussion
60C Gens Ace batteries now in stock

Just got an email, they are now available at hobbypartz.com/xheli.com/nitroplanes.com

From the looks they are quite a jump in price from their 25C batteries and perhaps the biggest error I see for myself is the lack of any 3000mAh size packs, which virtually eliminates any 6S/12S heli pilots in the 500-600 size class . Look forward to seeing some people get them and test them out to see if they are true 60C cells.
Shortman is offline Find More Posts by Shortman
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:31 AM
Expo/DualRates = Lack of Skill
typeRA's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Mar 2009
790 Posts
Super expensive and nothing smaller than 2200mAh.

Waiting for IR numbers...
typeRA is offline Find More Posts by typeRA
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:53 AM
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34
Shortman's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2003
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeRA View Post
Super expensive and nothing smaller than 2200mAh.

Waiting for IR numbers...
I hear ya, even if these packs are great, the fact is, for a few more dollars you could buy Thunder Power and get a 2 year warranty with free replacement, that is hard to beat when looking at these new 60C from Gens Ace that don't offer that kind of warranty . Will be waiting to see some testing results myself...
Shortman is offline Find More Posts by Shortman
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:13 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
startazz's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,797 Posts
Sounds as if the honeymoon period could be over as far as pricing goes with the Gens Ace batteries,well as far as there bigger cell and C ratings go.

I'll stick with my Hobbyking batts as i'm more than happy with them and there pricing,i normally use the blue label Turnigy and Nano-Tech's.

I know there not for every one but i can't remember a big price jump like you say the bigger GA batts have just done,if anything HK has just brought out some new batts (Zippy Compact) that are smaller and lighter and cheaper than some of there other batts of the same size.

Just saying.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:46 AM
Registered User
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Oct 2005
412 Posts
They are also on the porky side. Add to that the fact you have to deal with Hobbypartz and I'll pay a little more for a TP or Hyperion.
GoBucks is offline Find More Posts by GoBucks
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:51 PM
Your mother.
Phonic450's Avatar
USA, VA, Abingdon
Joined Jan 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks View Post
They are also on the porky side. Add to that the fact you have to deal with Hobbypartz and I'll pay a little more for a TP or Hyperion.
Damn straight.
Gens ace should really look at whom they're dealing with.
IMHO the way XH/NP/HP/whoever they are etc have been the last few months you'd have to be a fool to pay those prices.
Phonic450 is online now Find More Posts by Phonic450
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
REVOJohn's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonic450 View Post
Damn straight.
Gens ace should really look at whom they're dealing with.
IMHO the way XH/NP/HP/whoever they are etc have been the last few months you'd have to be a fool to pay those prices.
Guys. John here from REVOLECTRIX.
We've just released our latest lipo and we're very happy with the results. The AUS and Sth Asian markets are loving them in comparison to the needless hype and activity of others.
We have also lowered the shipping weights so USA customers can ship them in within 2 days of your order from Singapore (not china).
we make the packs up on the day we get the order and ship fresh packs with personal labels and date codes.
With a 60 day warrantee we're sure you'll be as happy as our current customers are.
Pricing........60C we're about the same as HK but we perform with lowest IR and pack weights.
Performance. Well all I need say is true to specification. If you don;t like it I'll refund it

regards
john
www.revolectrix.com -- see International Store
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,462 Posts
John,

Just tried to order a single 3S 2200mAh pack and was quoted $25.05 shipping from Singapore to US. This was nearly the price of the pack.

Shipping for the same size pack from HK is $6.99....
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:57 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortman View Post
Just got an email, they are now available at hobbypartz.com/xheli.com/nitroplanes.com

From the looks they are quite a jump in price from their 25C batteries and perhaps the biggest error I see for myself is the lack of any 3000mAh size packs, which virtually eliminates any 6S/12S heli pilots in the 500-600 size class . Look forward to seeing some people get them and test them out to see if they are true 60C cells.
60C? Thatís a 1 minute discharge Ė not sure why you really need that?


The other thing I donít like about very high C packs (the first is the price) is that they have to use large and heavy wires and connectors to handle the extreme current.


RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:34 AM
REVOJohn's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
John,

Just tried to order a single 3S 2200mAh pack and was quoted $25.05 shipping from Singapore to US. This was nearly the price of the pack.

Shipping for the same size pack from HK is $6.99....
hey there Forsthe. Thanks for the feedback. We need it.
What does HKing use? EMS from Hking? How long?
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert NEW! New Generation of Gens Ace 60C Batteries! Nitro_Crystal Batteries and Chargers 50 Apr 16, 2012 03:53 AM
Sold Gen ace batteries hi2nr Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 3 Feb 27, 2012 08:01 PM
Discussion Gens Ace is recruiting pilots now! Jane0101 Batteries and Chargers 1 Feb 26, 2012 09:53 AM
Discussion Gens Ace 5K 3s 30C - when will these be back in stock ? vashon10 HobbyPartz.com 2 Feb 13, 2012 01:12 AM
Discussion New 2ND GENERATION Gens Ace 60C LiPo Packs hobbypartz Large Electric Helis 13 Dec 24, 2011 02:33 AM