3,530 Posts
Use trim maybe..?
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Aug 2003
579 Posts
thats funny , but right off,set blades out by hand ,do not spool up whith blades folded
second ,training gear untill helis is sorted out and third ,spooling up heli has level rotor
disk or else gets adjusted until it is at least eyeball level ,
you dont need to spool up heli to see big off on swash
mdugas is offline Find More Posts by mdugas
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,874 Posts
LOL , did you try to control it with the radio . these things don't fly themselves .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:29 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
865 Posts
looks like the way to fix it is to sell it :S
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old May 01, 2012, 07:09 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
I had similar problems, all I do is give it a little left cyclic and once in air calms down, ground effects ??????????? Servos are crap on those, work great setting there but when you spool up, I now just punch the throttle get it in the air and fly, sometimes I pray.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old May 01, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Oh the the 450P is a much better bird.
Old May 02, 2012, 09:11 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,203 Posts
Dynam. please, please, please respect the danger with that thing. it could seriously injure or even kill someone. Helis can be really nasty to the inexperienced pilot. go get a simulator and learn to fly on it. I am only saying this because I want to see you have a good experience. When I first stared flying helis about 6 years ago I thought I was getting the hang of it, lost control and almost crashed it into my neigbor while she was holding her baby. I still kick myself to this day
bill clark is offline Find More Posts by bill clark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing small parts
Old May 03, 2012, 03:10 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
hmmmm

1/ Get training gear
2/ Get on youtube and watch some : Setting up a 450 heli video's ...
3/ Research and more research ...
4/ If your serious . start ordering those spare parts now ...

Servo's , Rotor head shafts , feather shafts , Drive gears [ main ] , bottle of thread lock , some more screws ,

Cheapest Trex 450 clone helicopter build / setup #10 (8 min 39 sec)
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by old4570; May 03, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old May 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Great Day for Up!
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Mar 2012
121 Posts
Aaaaaaand what were Dynam's problems, are now mine... sort of. I bought his (the heli in the video) "RTF" Hausler for $120, a new Carbon V2 kit from Cermark, along with a few tools, blades, parts, and 2 more batteries. Also picked up a used Triton charger n' balancer on the forums. After rebuilding the carbon kit with the RTF's electrics I should have a working bird, 3 batteries + serviceable charger, and more than an entire heli worth of spare parts for just over $300. I'll also have the benefit of lots of sim and mSR time, as well as set up help from an experienced pilot..

I'll probably look back at this post and shamefully shake my head at how misguidedly optimistic I was, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere, right?

Wish me luck, and look forward to the crash report!
dadablacsheep is online now Find More Posts by dadablacsheep
Old May 04, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Think positive I've bought some real clunkers in the past and they have turned out to be my favorites, all have their own personality's . I haven't seen two 450's that take off or fly exactly the same.
Old May 04, 2012, 11:58 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadablacsheep View Post
Aaaaaaand what were Dynam's problems, are now mine... sort of. I bought his (the heli in the video) "RTF" Hausler for $120, a new Carbon V2 kit from Cermark, along with a few tools, blades, parts, and 2 more batteries. Also picked up a used Triton charger n' balancer on the forums. After rebuilding the carbon kit with the RTF's electrics I should have a working bird, 3 batteries + serviceable charger, and more than an entire heli worth of spare parts for just over $300. I'll also have the benefit of lots of sim and mSR time, as well as set up help from an experienced pilot..

I'll probably look back at this post and shamefully shake my head at how misguidedly optimistic I was, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere, right?

Wish me luck, and look forward to the crash report!
sim time and experienced help.......thumbs up buddy
bill clark is offline Find More Posts by bill clark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing small parts
Old May 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Nov 2009
6 Posts
Hausler450 v2

Looks like it could be a problem with your swashplate not being level.

With throttle hold on, move the throttle stick to mid point and check that the servo arms are horizontal and the swashplate is level. Move the throttle stick all the way up and watch the swashplate travel. If it doesn't stay level all the way to the top, then your servos need to be adjusted to travel the same distance. The same goes for negative pitch. Get a swash levelling tool and make the adjustments. If your radio doesn't have travel adjustment for the servos, then consider upgrading to a better one. Spektrum and Futabe 6 channel radios are relatively cheap and they have all the necessary functions to make the adjustments.
turtlehill is offline Find More Posts by turtlehill