HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
well crud. I lost my $20 bid. Do i dare bid one @ $30. ha. I realize im getting what i am paying for. But what is really throwing me off is I dont like how the belt comes all the way around the auto gear. That and its just not a trex clone. However I do have a ton of 500 spare parts i know would fit. wher would one buy parts ? Like that belt or the auto gear ? I'm sure these are not going anywhere soon. still in debate here.
It looks like a JR vibe 500E gear setup.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Thanks X gonna check in on the jr vibe .
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Thanks X gonna check in on the jr vibe .
If that's indeed what they are cloning, then parts will not be as easy to find as an Align clone.

A "free" heli isn't worth much if you can't find sparest or it.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
Hobby King stocks parts for it

correction: HK says they will be stocking parts in 14 days.... we shall see...
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Last edited by Cable Guy; Apr 26, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:43 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
well crud. I lost my $20 bid. Do i dare bid one @ $30. ha. I realize im getting what i am paying for. But what is really throwing me off is I dont like how the belt comes all the way around the auto gear. That and its just not a trex clone. However I do have a ton of 500 spare parts i know would fit. wher would one buy parts ? Like that belt or the auto gear ? I'm sure these are not going anywhere soon. still in debate here.
i believe you can get parts here. But this is the out of the country one.
https://www.leaderhobby.com/list.asp...&categories=19
but the site on ebay that sells the heli also has parts. (US distributor)

well i got mine in the mail (450 sz) and it appears to be packaged well, so that's 1 step to success. Have many more steps but so far so good. i'm impressed with the packaging.
Here's a small clip on youtube of a Open box review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDytN...ature=youtu.be
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Last edited by rhampton; Apr 28, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
If you look at the bidders feedback he has 1353 bids in the last 30 days. I would figure he is a friend that puts in a minimum bid. Many companies keep several names on Ebay, incase one gets a bad rep.
I am a champion of cheap, but will skip this crap. (Multiple accounts, possibly shill bidding.)
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:59 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
The ebay account belongs to leaderhobby. http://www.leaderhobby.com/
When I bought stuff from this seller in the past the packing slip mentioned leaderhobby.com

BTW picked up a 250clone on there for €16 including postage to Finland
Happy days
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:49 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I am a champion of cheap, but will skip this crap. (Multiple accounts, possibly shill bidding.)
it's not that bad than you think. like i did on my video above. i got mine in the mail just a few days later, every time i have a question, i get Immed response from seller, packaging was good so what you have to loose. All i need to get in air is very little money.,,,,,,,,9g servos, Motor, 30esc...All those items are really cheap on his site. Can have in the air for all under $60 and that's Including the Heli........hopefully you already have your Tx, & Rx, Lipo and Gyro. I seriously doubt this is someones 1st heli. People who buy these inexpensive heli's usually already have had a 450 already and some experience Flying and now just want to buy as a spare or just for the fun of building.. Heck, Burger King for 2 cost me $11 the other day...I was pissed..could have bought another heli....haha....
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:55 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2visuvesi View Post
The ebay account belongs to leaderhobby. http://www.leaderhobby.com/
When I bought stuff from this seller in the past the packing slip mentioned leaderhobby.com

BTW picked up a 250clone on there for 16 including postage to Finland
Happy days
yes, that's what i'm thinking too. they also have a us Distributor. So far i'm liking them.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
What worries me is the plastic blade holders on the larger hellies. I don't belirve I would trust it with out makeing some changes, but thats me
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,341 Posts
like , concepts, nexus, shuttles, ergos, xcells.. and i am sure a lot more.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:15 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender View Post
What worries me is the plastic blade holders on the larger hellies. I don't belirve I would trust it with out makeing some changes, but thats me
i'm sorry but i dont understand the comment about the blade holders? are you saying that the larger heli's are no good cause they have plastic blade holders? i'm sorry.,,,, please clarify in more details please................................
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:17 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
raptor 30's 50's and 60's, caliber 30's. bigger heli's all plastic. well except for the raptor 60's up to 90's, they had cf frames but back then plastic grips all around
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
yes, that's correct but is that so terrible? those heli's back in the days seemed to last longer than most new ones today. For basic Pattern and Aerobatic on a larger bird like a Raptor 30? ohhh,, i'll take that any day over a HK 600....
It's built like a Tank.,,,,so that's why i was a bit confused over the comment about the plastic blade holders...even the Raptor 90 had a plastic version and it's still flying successfully today.....ok am i still not getting it?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
the plastic used on some of these 450 electric clones to me and seeing them just doesnt look to be made very well. I flew raptors 30's to 70's. caliber 30, bergen 50 and even had a gasser once. and yes the raptors can fly damn near forever on plastic grips. wipe out with a raptor and put it back together. wipe out with one of these cheap 450 clones and it just doesnt seem like it would hold up well. Just my opinion and nothing more to it. Being a maintenance manager with a degree in engineering I put things together all the time with seriously tight tolerances. Seeing some of these 450 clones, the cheaper ones there is no such thing as tolerances. and yes I have seen a few of them already. Heck, I have a cheap dynam e-razor I bought for $35 dollars and even it has meatl grips. beefy ones and doesnt look to bad for a cheap 450. $35 for a complete heli with servos gyro and motor as well as blades. again just my opinion and nothing more to read into it. And No! I see nothing really wrong with plastic grips on heli's. use to fly them all the time ten years ago with crazy head speeds. Never lost a grip or a blade
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS