HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Discussion
I think you all better have a look at this... Ebay 450sz & 500sz Kits under $25....

Ok, i am going to get to the point on this one.
# 1. Take a look at this link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-500-JR-Se...item19d03ee0f1

Most of the Winning bids are at like under $25. I got Two coming in the mail.
so with that out the way. has anyone ever got this same Kit?
i have a few questions for the Pros

1. An Align Trex 500 size Kit is over $200 barebone Kit.
2. A 500 size generic Kit on ebay is $15.
Wow what a difference in price. yes yes yes, i know align has more quality parts, but my main point of this discussion is basic pattern flying with mild 3d. Can both perform just as equally the same? with good electronics?

ok with me so far?

ok so for BASIC Pattern Flying and occasional Loops here & there, is it safe to invest electronics in a heli like this? i mean they are selling like hot cakes and if you look under advanced tab and do completed listings? you will see MANY of these have been sold. Like i said i got Two coming in the mail as well as the 450 size.
so i just want to get your opinion on this and please don't answer with a ONE Way, opinionated mind cause i can tell u now that the HK Clones have been successful and has come a long way for Clones but it seems like more and more Kit's are Now getting cheaper...WOW $15? This applies to the 500sz and the 450sz Kits only.

i now open this box to the public............................................ ................................................
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Last edited by rhampton; May 02, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:36 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
i dont know, have to look ath the machine. i think they are being auctioned becuase they have been cloned to death. and now there are so many being made .. they are hard to get rid of.

good blades, good electronics.. the should be good at least for sport flying.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:22 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
being a cheap clone and 500 size, be careful of all the plastic! I would be leary of the plastic blade grips being a cheap clone. BUT would be a good practice heli for sure
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
So with your good electronics, Lets say align electronics. You set your heli up and are now ready to fly. With these $20 barebone kits I can only see mechanical disaters one after the other All while trashing your good electronics at the same time. Just does not seem worth it to me. More of a headache if anything. But then the flip side of me says. if your fully aware of what you are getting into. cost per crash ratio. heck yes, have fun with it all . But for your big question Is it safe to invest electronics into this. I say NO . Now wher is my buddy "cloudflying" ? said he would meet me on the next clone thread. ( inside joke)
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Last edited by LiQuid*Xion; Aug 16, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:34 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Trippy dude... good deal, but yeah, a little suspicious... make sure to use lock tite on everything!!!
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:02 PM
MS
Joined Jul 2005
242 Posts
Ive seen a similar kit http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Voyager_.html sold at HK.

I would look at reviews/discussions there for the kits potential short comings.

mj147
mj147 is offline Find More Posts by mj147
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:10 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Ok. Ok. Ok ..You win rhamton For a barbones 500 belt kit under $20 bucks. I'm going to buy one. And pick out the rock bottom hk electronics I can find. This will be a fun experiment. Thanks to your thread you just cost me say $150..( its all good) My only concern is I hope that belt does not arrive all dried up and cracked. So far my bid is holding strong at $15.51
Last edited by LiQuid*Xion; Aug 16, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:12 PM
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,418 Posts
I haven't been to Ebay for a while, can someone explain how a single item in multiple auctions - all by different sellers with two to six bids are $15.51 across the board?
Are there multiple items in each auction? It doesn't look that way, as I'd have to bid $16.01 to make a bid for any auction. I guess I haven't been keeping up on Ebay.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,418 Posts
Here is the search http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...Helicopter+Kit

Free shipping too.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:44 AM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
all plastic sketches me out,, but curious how it pans out,,,::subscribed::
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I haven't been to Ebay for a while, can someone explain how a single item in multiple auctions - all by different sellers with two to six bids are $15.51 across the board?
Are there multiple items in each auction? It doesn't look that way, as I'd have to bid $16.01 to make a bid for any auction. I guess I haven't been keeping up on Ebay.
If you look at the bidders feedback he has 1353 bids in the last 30 days. I would figure he is a friend that puts in a minimum bid. Many companies keep several names on Ebay, incase one gets a bad rep.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
I have experience of the seller as I have used him for spare parts in the past.
Quality wise they were ok... I have seen a lot worse.
Be wary of the LiPos tho as the 6S ones i bought puffed up after less than a dozen flights
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:30 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
Ok. Ok. Ok ..You win rhamton For a barbones 500 belt kit under $20 bucks. I'm going to buy one. And pick out the rock bottom hk 500 electronics I can find. This will be a fun experiment. Thanks to your thread you just cost me say $150..( its all good) My only concern is I hope that belt does not arrive all dried up and cracked. So far my bid is holding strong at $15.51
LiQuid*Xion,,,, YOU HAVE BEEN HYPNOTIZED BY THE CLONE MONSTERS.WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.....haha....LOL..hey man, i'm glad you bought one. i also bidding on 3 more and also doing like you. Standard Servos all around,. Probably Futaba 3003. I have so many,,,,,,,,Also a $22 1600kv Motor with a 5mm Shaft & 14th pinion,..... 4s or 5s 3000 Lipo.,,,, GY48V Gyro,,,,, 6100 Spectrum rx, and a Fifteen bucks 425mm Blades. On top of that i'll have 4 spare Kit's in case it Flies REALLY Good, then i'll invest in Good electronics and see how it holds up to 3d.
i should get mine today in mail at work and if i do i'll do a quick open box review. Probably the 1st on these. i'll throw on the Tube,,,,ohh and Dooont, even get me started if they come out with a 600sz kit for under $30........

OHH NOOO GOTTTA GOOO,,There's another one with 9 Minutes left and the highest bid is $9...............
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Last edited by rhampton; Apr 26, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:13 AM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,310 Posts
i wanted to clarify.. good electronics did not mean top of the line. I never recommend if someone is going to be doing 3d to go with base stuff. if you are pushing hard.. go with the stuff you know will not come apart.
but for those trying it out or getting their feet wet.. whats the difference.. it won't last more than a minute or two ethier way.
too many think that heli's are easy.. they see an experianced pilot fly and think "i can do that "
and 30sec later...parts.
i do a prefer scale frames so my mechanics usually are not pushed as hard. but we'll see.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
LiQuid*Xion,,,, YOU HAVE BEEN HYPNOTIZED BY THE CLONE MONSTERS.WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.....haha....LOL..hey man, i'm glad you bought one. i also bidding on 3 more and also doing like you. Standard Servos all around,. Probably Futaba 3003. I have so many,,,,,,,,Also a $22 1600kv Motor with a 5mm Shaft & 14th pinion,..... 4s or 5s 3000 Lipo.,,,, GY48V Gyro,,,,, 6100 Spectrum rx, and a Fifteen bucks 425mm Blades. On top of that i'll have 4 spare Kit's in case it Flies REALLY Good, then i'll invest in Good electronics and see how it holds up to 3d.
i should get mine today in mail at work and if i do i'll do a quick open box review. Probably the 1st on these. i'll throw on the Tube,,,,ohh and Dooont, even get me started if they come out with a 600sz kit for under $30........

OHH NOOO GOTTTA GOOO,,There's another one with 9 Minutes left and the highest bid is $9...............
well crud. I lost my $20 bid. Do i dare bid one @ $30. ha. I realize im getting what i am paying for. But what is really throwing me off is I dont like how the belt comes all the way around the auto gear. That and its just not a trex clone. However I do have a ton of 500 spare parts i know would fit. wher would one buy parts ? Like that belt or the auto gear ? I'm sure these are not going anywhere soon. still in debate here.