SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,462 Posts
Discussion
How To Get A Clear/Sharp Aircraft Image - Which Sim Does It Best - Not Happy With RF

I have Real Flight 5.5 and a high powered new PC with on-board video that renders 1900X1200 and 1080p just fine.

The RF aircraft images I'm getting once the planes leave the immediate area of the runway are almost useless (very unsharp). I don't want to use the sim without the runway in view. The images I'm getting are smooth and without judder or hesitation. I have tried every available setting that I can find within RF to improve the situation without success.

Is what I'm seeing a RF limitation or a problem with my PC hardware?

Are there sim(s) other than RF that render better aircraft images?

Thank you.
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I'm a bit confused with your comment. Even in real life, your model will appear to get smaller the further away it is. And in real life, if you are flying your plane high in the sky, you are not seeing the runway at the same time. You'll need a monitor with more resolution if you want to see more of the scenery at one time. What you describe would be a limitation of any sim.

RealFlight does have a binocular view that will show your plane in a window the same size no matter where it is. Hit 3 to do that, I think.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Last edited by jeffpn; Apr 25, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I have Real Flight 5.5 and a high powered new PC with on-board video that renders 1900X1200 and 1080p just fine.

The RF aircraft images I'm getting once the planes leave the immediate area of the runway are almost useless (very unsharp). I don't want to use the sim without the runway in view. The images I'm getting are smooth and without judder or hesitation. I have tried every available setting that I can find within RF to improve the situation without success.

Is what I'm seeing a RF limitation or a problem with my PC hardware?

Are there sim(s) other than RF that render better aircraft images?

Thank you.
Please post a screenshot of what you are talking about. I certainly have not noticed this with RF6 and I have Phoenix, Clearview SE, and have run RC Deskpilot in the past.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter