HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Complaint
Have not been receiving some PM's

I do a lot of trading in the Classifieds, with most buys and sells done through PM's.

In the past week or so, there have been at least three instances where buyers have pm'd me, but I have not received them. Never any problem like this before this past week.

What can be done?

Thanks.

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:10 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,541 Posts
I will get a tech to take a look.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,446 Posts
I would say it's nigh impossible unless someone has a direct access to the database to erase the entries. PMs aren't emails, they couldn't be lost or mangled in the transit - once the user clicks "send", the message is stored in the database, and is immediately available to the receiving party.

In any case, I'll need a lot more data to start looking at it: the username of the sender and the time of sending of the "lost" PM, and was it a reply to some existing PM or a new one.
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:39 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Okay, I'm good with that for now, as long as others haven't reported anything similar.

It just seemed oddly coincidental that three different members reported the same thing.

If it is reported to me again, I'll try to get the details requested above.

Thx.

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes