SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:25 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The programming is COMPLETELY different from any other transmitter made. The programming is much easier to follow, not requiring multiple menus just to make something work.
This, I gotta see. Will you have photos at Toledo?
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:54 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdrew View Post
the programming is completely different from any other transmitter made. The programming is much easier to follow, not requiring multiple menus just to make something work. In the case of the a9, the touch screen will be supported.

the transmitter electronics will operate on anything over 3.7v.
shwing!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:40 PM
west suburb of cleveland oh
Joined Nov 2004
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Maybe you intended the pun but if not many of us feel the same: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/with+bated+breath
yes it was a pun i realy am hoping to get the new tx before my 9cs need major repair of replacement. this is sapposed to be fun. Jim produces the best gear at any price the fact that it is cheaper and better then the others is icing on the cake
don
dvk44039 is offline Find More Posts by dvk44039
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:55 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,693 Posts
Bated or baited, you decide.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:25 AM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The programming is COMPLETELY different from any other transmitter made. The programming is much easier to follow, not requiring multiple menus just to make something work.
Yay! This transmitter just keeps sounding better and better!

-Dustin
Wildman777 is offline Find More Posts by Wildman777
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:28 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
This, I gotta see. Will you have photos at Toledo?
There are pictures of some of the programming either in this thread or the original one. I have shown some of the programming features at various trade shows.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:01 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
United States, CA, Claremont
Joined Mar 2010
2,168 Posts
THx Jim. Is there a voltage range the board "prefers"?

Will you have canned mixes for dummies (like me) such as Aile Reflex to Flaps and so on? Also, onboard 4pos gear door sequencing with Sspeed and endpoints would be great.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Last edited by TTRotary; Feb 28, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:34 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
Anything over 3.7v is burning up electrons and wasted. I have been using a 2S Lipo for almost all of my testing. I am sure there will be plenty of templates available.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:13 PM
Ohio
Joined Oct 2003
463 Posts
Seems like a 2s lipo would work but be very inefficient. If anything over 3.7v is a waste, wouldn't a larger single cell lipo provide a longer run time? Maybe even a 1s2p lipo with a diode? With a 1s supply one would have to be aware of voltage drop and set the LVA accordingly. Is this a practical option or would you recommend sticking with a 2s lipo? Any better option with a different cell chemistry? Just thinking a pack with a nominal voltage close to 3.7 would be more efficient (although efficiency may not be the primary concern with the low current requirement of the radio).
MickeyMoo is offline Find More Posts by MickeyMoo
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:36 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,209 Posts
if you could fill the battery bay with a 1S lipo (parallel cells, whatever), that would last the longest... other things are a convenience, though would still last an absurdly long time.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:39 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,960 Posts
A good switching regulator would make the 1S/2S/3S/Nixx battery voltage question moot.

Just put in what you want and get all the energy available.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:19 PM
Ohio
Joined Oct 2003
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
A good switching regulator would make the 1S/2S/3S/Nixx battery voltage question moot.
That would be nice especially if it was built into the radio. Lots of little BECs on the market. Most will go to 5.1v. This would give you more run time but the radio would read the voltage out of the bec rather than the pack. Hard to tell when its time to recharge. Not sure if that would be a worthwhile trade.
MickeyMoo is offline Find More Posts by MickeyMoo
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:30 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,960 Posts
I meant built into the radio. Seems like a no-brainer to me to put one in if the whole radio only needs 3.7 volts.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:40 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
if you could fill the battery bay with a 1S lipo (parallel cells, whatever), that would last the longest... other things are a convenience, though would still last an absurdly long time.
Jim says "board will run on anything over 3.7V". That to me means this is absolute minimum voltage, so I don't think you want to power it with 1S Lipo: nominal voltage is too close to this value. 2S LiFe seems perfect, even if it is wasted power from an electrical efficiency standpoint. Jim?

Will be LiFe for me regardless for safety and battery longevity reasons.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:46 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
I meant built into the radio. Seems like a no-brainer to me to put one in if the whole radio only needs 3.7 volts.
Agree.
Closed Thread