HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined May 2002
236 Posts
I know it is capable of speech. I just wanted to know that we don't have to DO anything other than select the speech output option to hear our telemetry data.
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:37 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,755 Posts
You can select pre-defined speech phrases from a list, and you will be able to change those with the PC software.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined May 2002
236 Posts
Thats perfect, Thank you Jim.
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:27 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You can select pre-defined speech phrases from a list, and you will be able to change those with the PC software.
Jim,

Why did you delete my post ? It was about the transmitter's capability and to clarify what Grich was asking......

The question was, will the transmitter utter the telemetry data "on the fly" ??

Don't know what is so offensive about asking that !!!
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,755 Posts
Juan, your last post was Feb. 1st. I didn't delete any posts from you.

Yes, any and all 'events', whether they are from real time telemetry or from local changes (switches, timers, etc.) can all invoke speech and/or tones.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:18 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Jim,have you seen the new A9? Looks like module is on the inside now. Do you have a swap over kit for those yet or had time to look at them?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:57 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Juan, your last post was Feb. 1st. I didn't delete any posts from you.

Yes, any and all 'events', whether they are from real time telemetry or from local changes (switches, timers, etc.) can all invoke speech and/or tones.
Hummmm...... I'm in Roatan at the moment with a "dodgy" Internet connection but I could have sworn that my post got onto the thread......

Anyway, thanx for answering the question..... It was not clear (at least to me) till now......
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:32 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Jim,have you seen the new A9? Looks like module is on the inside now. Do you have a swap over kit for those yet or had time to look at them?
No, I have not see the new A9. I knew about it being in the works last year. I will have to take a look at one. I am not surprised that they put the module inside of the radio.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:10 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
The hitec 9x has dual processors and no module they " blamed the module for " all" of the latency". I am waiting for xps
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:25 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsubsailor View Post
The hitec 9x has dual processors and no module they " blamed the module for " all" of the latency". I am waiting for xps
oh ok,so they put in an extra controller to handle the telemetry then? This makes sense. i'm happy where i'm at too so the xps radio will be a nice addition to my hobby.
But nothin wrong with the optima rx's,just i could tell the difference in latency when i tested out the xps module and nano's. I had a plate of crow that day because I had always said that the latency was bologna. But side by side comparison on the same plane told the truth.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:38 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,755 Posts
Well, obviously the module is NOT the only source of the latency, or our system would be even faster - remember, our A9 upgrade is a module.

7ms is good, but that is fully saturating the bandwidth for their system. I don't think any manufacturer cares about that, but I can tell you that this was the AMA's biggest concern back in 2007 when I demo'd our system to them. If you have a bunch of devices turned on that leave absolutely no 'space' between transmissions then at some point you are going to have collisions. With a very narrow band system using the CC2500 and simliar chipsets (Hitec/Futaba/Hott/FrSky/etc.) you can easily lose data when other systems are also being used. Using a wide band transmission system is virtually immune to interference from other signals. This is the advantage that JR has been touting in their new DMSS system - which is the exact same system that we have been using for over 6 years.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:00 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,419 Posts
Jim, how is Spektrum comparing to this? Apart from not hopping, I understand that they use wide band transmission as well. Some "experts" (compared to me anyway) criticized them about that.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:54 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,755 Posts
Spektrum uses a narrow band (1MHz) tranmission. Hitec, Hott, FrSky, etc. all use an even narrower band transmission.

XtremeLink, JETI Duplex, and now JR DMSS all use 802.15.4 protocol. This has a 2.45MHz to 3.2MHz bandwidth, depending on the exact frequency. Because the bandwidth is wider it greatly increases the speed of which the entire packet can be sent, and also rejects spurious emissions and other valid signals.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:57 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
I decided not to challenge them on the full source of the latency, your upgrade makes a noticable difference and when not using the timer the system seems slightly faster. Although their 9x is on par with the other companies tx's now, they still are not very smart and I think they missed the mark again with the 9x
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:48 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
A spurious emission is any radio frequency not deliberately created or transmitted, especially in a device which normally does create other frequencies. A harmonic or other signal outside a transmitter's assigned channel would be considered a spurious emission.
From ITU, 1.145 Spurious emission: Emission on a frequency or frequencies which are outside the necessary bandwidth and the level of which may be reduced without affecting the corresponding transmission of information. Spurious emissions include harmonic emissions, parasitic emissions, intermodulation products and frequency conversion products but exclude out-of-band emissions.

Spurious sounded kinda sexy so i had to look it up
Closed Thread