HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Sep 2011
88 Posts
Jumping the gun

Jim, I may be jumping the gun a little, but will you think, in whatever spare time you have(?), about offering a sharp looking case to carry our new radio to the field. It should have on the side (what else but) a big XPS decal. I can see it now, XPS carry cases all up and down the flight line! It would be great, because the JR and Futaba boys think that their radios are the only ones that are worth owning. This would make one hell of a statement that XPS is HERE! I would love to see this happen. On a lesser note, a sharp looking golf style shirt would be nice too, again with a big XPS decal on it too! Just my thoughts on the matter because I want everybody to know that I am flying an XPS radio. Hoping and ready......Sign me up for a case and two shirts........
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:27 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
We have T-shirts already, included black ones that are not on the website. I have golf shirts with the XPS logo myself, but they have never been offered before. You can buy radio cases from a number of sources that are just blank. The XPS decals can be generated by the artwork found on our media page. I will look into those sources.

I will look at perhaps setting up one of the various novelty suppliers so they can make mugs, t-shirts, golf shirts, baseball caps, etc.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
We have T-shirts already, included black ones that are not on the website. I have golf shirts with the XPS logo myself, but they have never been offered before. You can buy radio cases from a number of sources that are just blank. The XPS decals can be generated by the artwork found on our media page. I will look into those sources.

I will look at perhaps setting up one of the various novelty suppliers so they can make mugs, t-shirts, golf shirts, baseball caps, etc.
Thanks, I just think these two items could only help the whole idea of the entire XPS concept. The F and J guys really want you to see their cases and I would like to show them a thing or three...... I am shomping at the bit for this to happen! I don't think it is going to take long after the radio gets here for this to happen, either. Ready and waiting.......
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jun 2007
26 Posts
Speaking of buying... where is that new sign up sheet for the XPS TX???
Ahh dang it all........ don't tell me that I missed it!
Roger
rogerzzz is offline Find More Posts by rogerzzz
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:55 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,188 Posts
Roger,

Go here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788965

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:29 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,666 Posts
I have the ability to do the XPS stickers. Unfortunatly all the cases we carry have a texture on the side. Need to see if there are any available with a smooth side.... hmmm...
GorillaBob is offline Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:32 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
There is a good market for you Bob!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:09 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerzzz View Post
Speaking of buying... where is that new sign up sheet for the XPS TX???
Ahh dang it all........ don't tell me that I missed it!
Roger
Ya blinked?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Sep 2011
88 Posts
Rx cases

There you go......we have just got to have a tx case with XPS logos on it to carry to the flying field. I want to see that happen.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
umm merry christmas!
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:24 PM
FPV = Fun Powered Vehicle
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Apr 2011
168 Posts
Merry Christmas Jim to you and the XPS crew!! Hope all you guys and everyone following this thread are enjoying the day. I'm looking forward to a 2013 release of the XPS-3216.

DoctorX- I don't think you do understand, the email list is to let people know when the Tx is available for purchase. It was started over a year ago. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2500 It is not to remind people that the Tx "will be out any day". I and many others will wait as long as it takes . You and anyone else not wanting to wait are more then welcome to purchase another radio .

Jim are you still planning on releasing the 900MHz version after the 2.4GHz?

Keep us posted and keep up the good work sir!

Cheers
LokeyFPV is offline Find More Posts by LokeyFPV
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
I am not sure if 900MHz will be released to the general public or will be strictly for military contracts.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
I keep saying it Jim. Advertising works. "Dual Antenna Diversity" Just have to love the pitch man that made that up. You have an entire group that believes their plane will fall out of the air if they don't have plenty of antennas. At the minimum 4 antennas and two receivers.

I have seen them with (if I remember correctly) four RXs, 8 antennas and the "S" system still put the plane into the ground.

BTW for the fun of it I do have one of your unnecessary Sat RXs. ;-)

I do believe I missed that part about the wireless instruction. Is that an entirely separate RX or a mode that uses spare rx time on a 4-5 channel system? I am using a wireless system now to instruct and I really love the freedom. So I do hope and expect that with this system we can be up to 30 feet or more apart?
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Last edited by skubacb; Dec 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:52 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
The wireless trainer port allows transmitter to transmitter communications. The power output is adjustable, so you could be a LONG (miles) away if you wanted.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:36 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The wireless trainer port allows transmitter to transmitter communications. The power output is adjustable, so you could be a LONG (miles) away if you wanted.
this being away from each other a long way, reminds me of a fun competition
we had a while ago;
you had to do some basic aerobatics (loop, roll, inverted flying, cuban, etc.. ),
BUT it had to be done by voice control. Some other guy (selected by lucky dip)
had to fly your model once airborne, sounds easy enough right? Problem was that he was blindfolded AND you had to stay 10 feet away. Break the 10 feet rule and you were disqualified. Fantastic fun for the gallery.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Closed Thread