HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
OK, so all inputs could be pots or switches depending on what the user desired. I assume switches still need to be calibrated during set up.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
How do we go about programming the transmitter to make channels trigger based on other channels and time? Gear doors are an example.
There is an event menu. Things that *I* need, like gear door sequencing have always been a focus!
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:29 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,722 Posts
Yes, there is a service menu where calibration is done, including defining switches and their analog<>digital conversion values.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:17 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,722 Posts
Please don't clutter the thread with questions about the release. This is a technical discussion thread only. Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:08 AM
SAINT PORCHAIRE/ FRANCE
Joined Apr 2009
24 Posts
Hello Jim,

Have you got the specials certifications to use it in FRANCE ?

Thanks.

A+FRED
fredtrex17 is offline Find More Posts by fredtrex17
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:17 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
There are quite a few 3 cell Lipo setups for other radios that use the 4x4x2 setup.

Does this give a longer time or is the extra voltage just wasted?

Not that I am saying that the radio will not stay on long enough. It is just that quite a few people already have this 3 cell Lipo running in their radio.

The most channels I have ever used was 14 on my B-25. I guess I could actually use two more for a bomb bay door and bomb release. However, even with that I would not need any more switches. My way of saying that I believe this radio will have enough inputs.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:10 AM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
776 Posts
If you are ever going to get that transmitter out you are going to have to freeze the design and concentrate on getting it into production.
You can change things later with an update if you have to.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtrex17 View Post
Hello Jim,

Have you got the specials certifications to use it in FRANCE ?

Thanks.

A+FRED
Yes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
If you are ever going to get that transmitter out you are going to have to freeze the design and concentrate on getting it into production.
You can change things later with an update if you have to.
Actual production (building of hardware) has nothing to do with coding. The hardware design was frozen after adding the SD media card support.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:13 AM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
776 Posts
Freezing the design includes coding. The most time consuming task in this type of project is testing of the software.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:20 AM
Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
393 Posts
I'm not sure dirtybird was referring to the hardware exclusively. Regardless, software (firmware) also has a design, of course, and one that must be frozen in order for a release to take place. How would you assess the maturity of the 3216 firmware? Alpha, beta, release candidate, unknown, top-secret??

Update: dirtybird answered while I was typing
prefabu is online now Find More Posts by prefabu
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
Freezing the design includes coding. The most time consuming task in this type of project is testing of the software.
not really... software is soft and squishy... hardware needs to be built, so while it's being built, may as well keep playing with the squishy parts.

Jim has very high standards for the radio quality simply due to safety... I think we should just let him run his own project, when it's ready it'll be tested and ready.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,722 Posts
I only have two classes of firmware, functional and release. We are not at release yet.

As far as freezing firmware, that does not occur in the real world. You can release what is considered a "stable" release as well as newer versions. Continuing changes should not affect an actual release date, and serves to find existing issues that may not otherwise be found.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:06 PM
Plaurence
Joined Jul 2009
81 Posts
Charging Tx

Can the Tx battery be charged through the Tx jack? --or will we have to deal with a Futaba -like Tx where the Bat has to be removed?
plaurence is offline Find More Posts by plaurence
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Feb 2004
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaurence View Post
Can the Tx battery be charged through the Tx jack? --or will we have to deal with a Futaba -like Tx where the Bat has to be removed?
See post #56.....
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Closed Thread