SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:05 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
The battery door is a standard 'slip door' found on JR and Futaba transmitters.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Sep 2011
100 Posts
?

Can it be true, 4 whole days, and no nay sayers? Maybe they have decided to be patient and wait for the new radio to hit the market with no bugs, no recalls and reliable. Myself, I have decided that Jim knows what he is doing and when everything is RIGHT we will have a radio that will do almost everything that 99% of all the RC pilots out there could want. Waiting.......
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:35 AM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
579 Posts
Can a switch be replaced with a potentiometer? On the proposed generic board are some control inputs hard coded as switches? On my TX I have run out of adjustable control inputs.
Thanks,
Ken
Ken Lilja is offline Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:17 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
ALL of the inputs are analog. In the service/setup menu, you can define potentiometer ends points as switch actuation points, and assign the input as digital instead of analog.

So, every 'switch' could be a rotary knob and vice-versa.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Sep 2011
100 Posts
Stick ends

Jim, what kind of transmitter stick ends are going to be on the new radio? I have red on one and purple on two, aluminum color will be ok, but a little color never hurt anything. Will the thread be compatible with any of the major brands so we might be able to change if we choose?
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:41 AM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
579 Posts
Jim,
Looking ahead to the possible XPS-3216 DIY board, what value potentiometers would I need (total resistance change, resistance, I assume linear)? I have a Pro Line transmitter that I will rebuild.
Thanks,
Ken
Ken Lilja is offline Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Ken Lilja; Dec 07, 2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: changed question some
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:35 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex View Post
Jim, what kind of transmitter stick ends are going to be on the new radio? I have red on one and purple on two, aluminum color will be ok, but a little color never hurt anything. Will the thread be compatible with any of the major brands so we might be able to change if we choose?
The stick ends as the same thread as JR (and probably Futaba). They unscrew and have locking adjustments so you can adjust the stick length.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:37 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja View Post
Jim,
Looking ahead to the possible XPS-3216 DIY board, what value potentiometers would I need (total resistance change, resistance, I assume linear)? I have a Pro Line transmitter that I will rebuild.
Thanks,
Ken
The pots are 5.0K. Yes, they are linear.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:16 PM
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,376 Posts
Given the announcement, I suggest archiving this thread and starting again when the radio looks like a reality.
twang is offline Find More Posts by twang
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:00 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,914 Posts
The reality hasn't changed, so I am not closing this thread - which is for discussing the features of the radio.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:23 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twang View Post
Given the announcement, I suggest archiving this thread and starting again when the radio looks like a reality.
What announcement?
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:19 PM
FEAR CD 2006-2009
United States, AZ, Tonopah
Joined Dec 2003
410 Posts
Hi Jim,
I spoke with you a while back about a feature that the Ace MicroPro 8000 transmitter had that was called Auto Trim. At that time, you stated that it would not be a problem to incorporate this feature into your new transmitter.
Since I have not read all 58 pages of this thread, I was wondering if your transmitter will have the Auto Trim feature?
Smooth Landings,
Jerry
rcjake is offline Find More Posts by rcjake
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:22 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
RCJake - Go back just a few pages. They have talked about this feature many times. You can also do a search on this thread to find your answer.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:27 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Aug 2009
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twang View Post
What was the announcement?
wwmilanl is offline Find More Posts by wwmilanl
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:02 PM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
What announcement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmilanl View Post
What was the announcement?
Hint: This isn't the only thread in this forum.

Pete the helpful
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Closed Thread