HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:58 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,312 Posts
Regarding the Tx, it would be better to transmit using two antennas at right angle. The antenna on the Rx that has the best signal may still be far from parallel with the active Tx antenna, if the other Rx antenna is pointing at/away from the Tx or is shadowed by engine etc.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:50 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,857 Posts
Just having any amount of spacial diversity helps - but keep in mind that our models are always moving, so we always have spacial diversity just from that. Diversity helps more with stationary objects than moving objects.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade thrasher View Post
Are there any more pictures of the Tx that I missed in the last 2 years of threads?
XPS = vaporware

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=579
DoctorX is offline Find More Posts by DoctorX
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:12 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
221 Posts
The alternative I have found is to find a radio that fills my needs, A9 at least for now, and buy the new one should it ever hit the street. What I want is the nano Rx's. The Tx as I see it is just a different operating system. Get the OS you like best and cool it til the Tx shows up. But.... keep the dialog coming because I need a laugh from time to time. You guys came come with some really funny stuff.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
Funny thing is that is the same thing said about the XtremeLink radio system too. After producing the world's first full range 2.4GHz module system for R/C, everyone was a believer.

It just takes time to produce a reliable product. We could have released the transmitter already, with a bunch of little issues that resulted in loss of aircraft and/or human life, but that is not how do things.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Funny thing is that is the same thing said about the XtremeLink radio system too. After producing the world's first full range 2.4GHz module system for R/C, everyone was a believer.

It just takes time to produce a reliable product. We could have released the transmitter already, with a bunch of little issues that resulted in loss of aircraft and/or human life, but that is not how do things.
would be terrible to loose a model plane, as to the other there are over 6 billion of them and counting, so...
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:43 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
840 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with the masses. Ive lost countless planes on my Futabas and DX's, just so happens Im at a turning point where I have to make a big investment and change everything over because Im tired of charging and hauling two Tx's to the field.

Money goes too................. looks like DX18, its actually available.

Too bad I will have to hold off on some other projects to afford one. Just cant wait on hoop dreams. I'm not getting any younger.
blade thrasher is offline Find More Posts by blade thrasher
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
New Orlenans, La.
Joined Mar 2003
135 Posts
Switch to XPS

Hi all,

Im like everyone else here. Waiting for the new transmitter or just the new receivers to be released. I fly a JR 9303 with the XPS module in it. I have been flying this set up for about 5 years. The module and 8 channel receiver are an older version, 2.?. I keep saying that I will send all my XPS in for the upgrade but haven't gotten around to it. Several other flyers, at my field, are flying XPS in Futaba, jAirtronics, and JR radios. We have never had any plane losses due to loss of control since XPS started showing up at the field. We all run 5 cell battery packs and use better quality after market switch harnesses. Was hoping for the new receivers to be released soon.

Dave B.
DavKhy is offline Find More Posts by DavKhy
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:00 AM
XtremeLink South Africa
East Coast of South Africa
Joined May 2007
64 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I have to agree with the masses. Ive lost countless planes on my Futabas and DX's, just so happens Im at a turning point where I have to make a big investment and change everything over because Im tired of charging and hauling two Tx's to the field.

Too bad I will have to hold off on some other projects to afford one. Just cant wait on hoop dreams. I'm not getting any younger.
Did you actually read what you posted ???

You have lost countless planes with DX's and yet you are going to buy a DX18, all because you don't want to charge and carry 2 x TX's to the field

Buy 2 x LIFE packs for your TX's - it's better to carry an extra TX to the field, than your pride and joy home in a paper bag

YES, I am looking forward to the new TX, and YES I am frustrated by the delays, but I clearly love my toys more than you do as I certainly would not risk them using equipment that has failed you previously.

Remember, add the cost of the crashes to the cost of the DX18
mikestark is offline Find More Posts by mikestark
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:13 AM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
221 Posts
Quote:

I thought charging batteries was life as we know it in modeling.
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,815 Posts
Just out of curiosity Jim, how do you plan to make the announcement of the new radio, once you are ready?
maguro is offline Find More Posts by maguro
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:33 PM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
499 Posts
I think he intends to announce it to a empty room by that time
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:07 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
I think he intends to announce it to a empty room by that time
Me and my buddy Ulf will be in the room waiting....
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:58 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
Just out of curiosity Jim, how do you plan to make the announcement of the new radio, once you are ready?
It will be made on our website, and there will be reviews in all of the R/C magazines.

There are always new modelers coming into the hobby, so there will always be a revolving door for that room.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:52 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestark View Post
Did you actually read what you posted ???

You have lost countless planes with DX's and yet you are going to buy a DX18, all because you don't want to charge and carry 2 x TX's to the field

Buy 2 x LIFE packs for your TX's - it's better to carry an extra TX to the field, than your pride and joy home in a paper bag

YES, I am looking forward to the new TX, and YES I am frustrated by the delays, but I clearly love my toys more than you do as I certainly would not risk them using equipment that has failed you previously.

Remember, add the cost of the crashes to the cost of the DX18

I actually meant loosing the planes was no fault of my transmitters just my lack of skill and or eye sight. Ill admit I have been known to get disoriented and end up making poor snap decisions.
blade thrasher is offline Find More Posts by blade thrasher
Closed Thread