HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined May 2002
236 Posts
Jim, the dx18 now has two xmitter antennas one vertical and one horizontal located in the handle. That sounds like a good idea. Whats ur thoughts?
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:13 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,764 Posts
Our DivBee module has diversity.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:33 PM
SAINT PORCHAIRE/ FRANCE
Joined Apr 2009
24 Posts
Hello Jim,

No delay or news for the first batch ??

A+FRED
fredtrex17 is offline Find More Posts by fredtrex17
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined May 2002
236 Posts
so with the DivBee module, the two antenna's are unnecessary?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Feb 2007
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
Jim, the dx18 now has two xmitter antennas one vertical and one horizontal located in the handle. That sounds like a good idea. Whats ur thoughts?
That sounds almost like they are using "Circular Polarization".I would think it a waste,to have the two antennas perpendicular and NOT use circular polarity!!
KB9STD is offline Find More Posts by KB9STD
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB9STD View Post
That sounds almost like they are using "Circular Polarization".I would think it a waste,to have the two antennas perpendicular and NOT use circular polarity!!
cant stop progress, next in the works will be a Moebius loop antenna.
BTW you forgot the "big grin" smilies.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:02 AM
Joined May 2002
236 Posts
what bug's me about this forum is that when i finally have a decent question for Jim, the peanut gallery has to chime in instead of waiting for Jim to see the actual question and replying instead of him having to read through others reply's.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:42 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
so with the DivBee module, the two antenna's are unnecessary?
'diversity' means that it is able to use two antennae and select the one with the strongest signal at any point in time. By having two antennae at right angles one can minimize polarisation losses.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined May 2002
236 Posts
That reply of diversity brings me back to the question of would two antennas at right angles at the XPS transmitter work better. This of course would have to be in the next version of transmitter after the release of the XPS-3216.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2007
125 Posts
Quote:
what bug's me about this forum is that when i finally have a decent question for Jim, the peanut gallery has to chime in instead of waiting for Jim to see the actual question and replying instead of him having to read through others reply's.
Sounds to me like SOMEone wishes a Private forum.Wait;That wouldn't BE a FORUM!
Doesn't everyone have access to the "Private Message" feature??? Maybe SKIPE would be better suited to their personal liking??
KB9STD is offline Find More Posts by KB9STD
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:36 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,238 Posts
Or... all the naysayers that have nothing positive to contribute could keep their opinions to themselves. I understand the frustration with waiting for this product to come out. Truly I do, I would love to have it. But either decide to wait, or move on. Hanging around and spouting off negativity helps nobody.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
Joined Apr 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
Or... all the naysayers that have nothing positive to contribute could keep their opinions to themselves. I understand the frustration with waiting for this product to come out. Truly I do, I would love to have it. But either decide to wait, or move on. Hanging around and spouting off negativity helps nobody.
Amen and AMEN!
tholmes345 is offline Find More Posts by tholmes345
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:41 PM
KJ4IKY Gravity Wins
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
840 Posts
Are there any more pictures of the Tx that I missed in the last 2 years of threads?

Im not really sure if these are images of the XPS but its all I could find.
blade thrasher is offline Find More Posts by blade thrasher
Last edited by blade thrasher; Oct 21, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:21 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
That reply of diversity brings me back to the question of would two antennas at right angles at the XPS transmitter work better. This of course would have to be in the next version of transmitter after the release of the XPS-3216.
Probably yes. Remember that the Tx and the Rx are both transceivers. Commands go from the Tx to the Rx and telemetry goes from the Rx to the Tx. Using two antennae reduces polarisation mismatch and hence increases reliability and effective range.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:49 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,764 Posts
You don't need antennas at right angles, but that would be optimal to help eliminate path loss.

The DivBee module automatically selects the best antenna for reception and uses that during the course of receiving a packet. The ACK (and telemetry) are transmitted back on the same antenna that was used for reception as that is likely the best antenna to use at that very moment in time.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread