HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
322 Posts
"Matt 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."
That is almost how my planes stay alive (flying). As I have 2 dead Nono Rx's I share Rx's between planes.

My other problem is that my Tx is old and need to be replaced very soon, it is actually long overdue. Apart from it I need a Tx with more channels. I thought about the A9, but at the moment 12 channels with telemetry will do. I cannot afford to buy now just to sell again at price (the going rate )after a few months. I can only afford to buy once.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Jun 2005
34 Posts
Yeah, verily.

I think Ezekial 25:17 is more appropriate here, "Tha path of the righteous man is best on all sides by the tyrrany of evil men..."
jgunpilot is offline Find More Posts by jgunpilot
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:35 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
That is absolutely correct. Remember, it was no secret that our intention was to create a module for this purpose. After all, the XBEE module we had been using was designed for this purpose, not to fly R/C aircraft. Even at the 100K piece pricing we were getting from Maxstream (then Digi when it was sold) our cost for modules was 3 times what production cost is for our DivBee. The DivBee offers diversity, and up to 10dB better sensitivity. Every 6dB doubles the range, so the DivBee has more than 3 times the range of our original system.

Yes, testing has been ongoing with the transmitter, as well as other projects, including some dual purpose receivers for R/C and home automation integration. We are not going to make home automation devices, we merely supply modules to companies that do.
would be cool when you are flying your final flight of the day to flip a switch on the tx,and start the truck so that the ac can cool it or heater can heat it while you land and take the planes apart and load for home
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
322 Posts
"Ezekial" or "Ezekiel"? Definitely not in Ezekiel 25:17. And not anywhere in all the books.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
322 Posts
Will be nice, but here by us it is illegal to leave a vehicle's engine running without the driver in the driver seat and in control.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:09 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
Will be nice, but here by us it is illegal to leave a vehicle's engine running without the driver in the driver seat and in control.
an ill eagle is a sick national bird here.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined May 2002
224 Posts
hey Jgunpilot no pulp fiction references allowed. Just kidding
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:12 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post

Technically the same here in the USA, but somehow remote starters don't seem to step over the line. Same goes for idling freight trucks but I rarely see anyone get a ticket.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
906 Posts
Well guys...we have one ace in the hole.....Jim loves flying RC airplanes....he is as addicted to the hobby as we are, otherwise, he would have left a long time ago.

I am sure he and his partners are working their butts off trying to get the XPS-3216 to market (aside from trying not to lose the sizable investment in time and $$$ they have put into this project) as fast as possible.

For all you guys needing equipment now, just go on e-Bay and buy some used stuff to hold you over (for 1/2 price retail, of course!), then, when the transmitter does come out, just re-list and sell the old equipment (for 1/2 price retail, of course) and all you are out is the shipping. At least it will keep you flying.

Also, maybe it will occupy some of the time some of you are wasting complaining on this forum thread that is SUPPOSED to be about the specs.

Phew...feel better now .

SpadCat
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:55 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,703 Posts
For you heli guys... how many points do you really need with a throttle curve? I have everything hard coded as a maximum of 8 points. Is this enough?
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:07 AM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,168 Posts
I can't see needing more than 8 points. These days I use throttle curves more on planes though as some ESC's have odd power curves and I use throttle curve to make throttle feel more linear. I don't fly normal mode on Heli anymore and use flat throttle curves with gov on everything. I assume you have already allowed throttle curves on planes btw and don't require using a Heli model to get this feature like some radio's I've used
weaser42 is offline Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:39 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
421 Posts
I agree, Jim.... 8 is more than plenty....

I can't think of anyone (that I know) that doesn't use a governor so having a basic curve set up in the background is good practice in the event of an issue with the governor.... even a 5 point curve would be enough for that.....

BTW, I'm glad to see you somewhat back on track with the Tx !!
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
Gotta Luv Gasser Helis..
Gold Coast, Qld , Australia
Joined Apr 2006
324 Posts
Yep , 8 will be good....

looking forward to flying with it !!
_Peter is offline Find More Posts by _Peter
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
For you heli guys... how many points do you really need with a throttle curve? I have everything hard coded as a maximum of 8 points. Is this enough?
wouldn't it need to be odd number?... a point in the middle and then others either side?
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
Gotta Luv Gasser Helis..
Gold Coast, Qld , Australia
Joined Apr 2006
324 Posts
Nope , with throttle the middle position isn't that critical ..

It is with the pitch curves though, but 90% of heli flyers leave the pitch "curve" at the default linear 45 deg straight line...
_Peter is offline Find More Posts by _Peter
Closed Thread