HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:57 PM
Bazz
Swift Current, SK. Canada
Joined May 2007
85 Posts
I agree entirely with TTRotery's comments. I bought into the XPS system more than 5 years ago because they promised telemetry. I'm still waiting. Its obvious that RC products are on the back burner with this company, while others products are being produced.
Bazz is offline Find More Posts by Bazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:18 AM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
505 Posts
where can I buy these home automation products? the website hasnt been updated in almost 6 months.

its great if XPS is in other markets (I dont think they are) because at this point they seem to have NO customers or product to sell in any market. Whats weird to me is XPS isnt even attempting to keep the loyal customers it currently has if it ever hopes to pull out its current funk.
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:43 AM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
I just want to buy the module for my A9 and some nano's and can't get an eta on the new nano's, I have a better chance of buying the Jeti which is going for FCC clearance Atleast esprit communicates
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
326 Posts
Manta, If I buy another system, that will be a change in system with its receivers and all for telemetry and other advantage, it is not possible with modules and present receivers. As I donít want to keep onto two systems, I will get rid of the XPS and only use the other system.

Spadcat, I am not so sure he stil have so many followers as people donít trust XPS anymore. What if he drops the RC market completely, then all sit with items with no backup and no future resell value. This is not too farfetched as he proved to drop the attention to the RC market and kept everybody for a fool for over a year. He did it before, he can and will do it again.

Shipping before Christmas? That is what was thought a year ago after people thought they would get it earlier, all while he was giving all his attention to other projects, the same as he is doing now:
Quote:
I will say that we are finally building home automation products
Quote:
Well if we wait long enough, we won't need a tx at all.
By that time thought control will be used.

Quote:
No progress to report on the transmitter.
So, there is NO progress. We wait for nothing.

Quote:
Am I wrong or is the RC side of the business enjoying a slow lingering death right now??
I think this is what is happening. Waiting for something that is not going to happen is a fools game.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Well,I dont have that much money invested in the nanos and the module i have,and i still have my hitec module with telemetry ( which i dont have a need for) so it would simply be swap my modules out and get new hitec receivers so I'm cool with that. You do what you need to do for your hobby so you dont have to stop flying,thats all that matters.. Jim will get products he wants to sell when he is ready,or he will go after whatever business he wishes for to put food on his family's plate..either way I'm not gonna stop flying over a radio system thats not here yet..It is frustrating for folks who want this system badly tho i can sure see that. Dunno how i'd handle that if i were the owner.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:21 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Well,I dont have that much money invested in the nanos and the module i have,and i still have my hitec module with telemetry ( which i dont have a need for) so it would simply be swap my modules out and get new hitec receivers so I'm cool with that. You do what you need to do for your hobby so you dont have to stop flying,thats all that matters.. Jim will get products he wants to sell when he is ready,or he will go after whatever business he wishes for to put food on his family's plate..either way I'm not gonna stop flying over a radio system thats not here yet..It is frustrating for folks who want this system badly tho i can sure see that. Dunno how i'd handle that if i were the owner.
Plus 1! I am 3 nano and a pack invested, more will come.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:44 PM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
505 Posts
yeh the new transmitter is and prob will only be vapor ware.

Thats fine, I dont understand the XPS game plan.... but whatever at this point.

I really dont get how all the other products got tied into the new TX's lack of development and were pulled. Only thing left to buy is the MOST expensive stubby rx XPS makes. Where is the discount to entice me on this old tech? Where is the new tech?
it like a slow motion train wreck this whole situation.
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:50 AM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
326 Posts
Quote:
You think XPS is the only company that is not strictly marketing to the RC Industry? Check out Futaba for one - I know they market radio control for cranes among other things. The RC industry is comparatively small compared to most.
Do you see Futaba stop their RC business while working on other markets? NO! You can walk into the LHS and buy Futaba products or order it from various websites and there will be stock. They bring new products on the market and the supply of existing products and development does not stop while working on other business. You know where you stand with Futaba and know that you will have backup in future. The only problem I have with Futaba is the price, nothing else.

Be glad that a few of us are still lingering around here and are still interested should the products become available, that is why we get frustrated, the others moved on in silence already.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Last edited by Swen; Aug 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Still waiting for a Nano rx, but instead of buying 4, I want only one. Still want to test this out. Have new modules with rx's and have flown one and like it so far. No longer "cheap". now "inexpensive". This is my hobby, and I have no gripe with XPS. I will just scale back. The new supplier deals in "customer delight". Now that's a business model ! So, my xps gear sits while I have fun in the hobby.
oldpal44 is offline Find More Posts by oldpal44
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
The new Nano and receivers will be released in September. We are contacted nearly daily about how DivBee module for use in home automation. We expect our RC business to slip to perhaps 5% of our total business plan by the end of the year because of the huge success of our RF division, but that does not mean that we are by any means abandoning the RC side, it actually means that it will continue to grow due to our other business ventures. We also have a rather large division now building UAVs and control systems for UAV/ROV setups. We just got busier than expected in other areas, so it definitely took time away from a lot of the RC development.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
Acacia II Lunar Lander
United States, CA, LADERA RANCH
Joined Feb 2011
640 Posts
Thanks for the update, Jim.

Really great to hear that your business is doing so well!
RCRod is offline Find More Posts by RCRod
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,350 Posts
Jim,

Good to hear things are still progressing, albeit a little slower than you had originally anticipated. I have enough Nano's to get me by for now, but will loook forward to getting some of the new ones once they are available.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
Am I wrong or is the RC side of the business enjoying a slow lingering death right now?? Im beginnig to wonder why XPS is still on RCgroups at all at this point. Its becoming obvious us RC modelers were only a step stone into more lucrative markets for XPS.
+1. Regret wasting my time.
Anyone want a module and some 6 ch receivers(old ones) or do I just leave them on the shelf and some day use them with A9 and module conversion circuitry.
The original paintballers were right!!

It warms the cockles of my heart to know how successful you are in other areas. Very important to any modeler who invested in your vision.(s. Off)
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Aug 13, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:53 PM
--
United States, WA, Ravensdale
Joined Jan 2011
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
...Anyone want a module and some 6 ch receivers(old ones)...
If you're serious... Let me know... I'm interested...
Cobra68 is offline Find More Posts by Cobra68
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:16 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The new Nano and receivers will be released in September.
Thank you for communicating specific timing Jim. This information is very helpful.
TTRotary is online now Find More Posts by TTRotary
Closed Thread