HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:30 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Hm, the wire services just reported one on a Starbuck's counter, right next to an Apple Iphone 5.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:34 PM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
346 Posts
I am in the market for a new transmitter, any recommendations?
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:35 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Well, if you are serious, I have 3: Hitec A 9, Spektrum DX 8 and Spektrum DX 18. I have the A 9 and DX 8 and love them!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:52 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Well, if you are serious, I have 3: Hitec A 9, Spektrum DX 8 and Spektrum DX 18. I have the A 9 and DX 8 and love them!
Jim,

These guys are getting delirious !!

Any chance you can give us ANY kind of an update on how things are progressing ??

Much appreciated.....
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:41 PM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
346 Posts
This thread is going on for three and a half months now and there is no progress we can see.

Yes and no. Ė Yes, I am serious that I need a new transmitter. No, I donít actually need recommendations, I know all the options available to me. I will NEVER buy Spektrum in any of its forms. The A9 looks like to be what I will buy if this XPS is not available soon and one cannot hold on forever. The Hitec receivers are not as expensive as Futaba, JR or others available and the people using them are all pleased with it. I will still lurk for a while and then must make a decision like many others who moved on in the meantime. It cannot continue like this.

I am sure that if they check on the list of 3000(?) they will find that most of them are not interested anymore.

Signing off.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:57 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
A9 is a fine radio and I highly recommend it.I have a dx6i for planes i dont fear losing=smallies.
I do like my xps module in my A9 and the nanos are a hoot.The stuff you can do with the little xps programmer is neato too.. But nothing wrong with hitecs guidance either..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:19 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
941 Posts
I am sure even if all 3000 of us drop off the "list", they will sell out very shortly anyway once the word gets out....

I will bet a working used Hitec Electron 6 receiver that they will be shipping before Christmas 2012...Any takers!

SpadCat

PS you just pay the shipping to anywhere continental USA.

PSS as long as this is legal and ok with Jim Drew otherwise, all bets are off
SpadCat2000 is offline Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:37 AM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
Well if we wait long enough, we won't need a tx at all. Just use the i-phone. Oh, wait - that's already here!

Seriously, how long before the clunky TX becomes a relic of the past. Not long I say. Touchscreen for the sticks with voice command for the switches. Zero learning curve for you Neanderthal goofballs who fly with thumbs. We'll still need RXs in current form though. Jim, pls focus on those - they're more useful.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,377 Posts
Hello Jim......knock knock........are you in there......there's customers in the shop.
twang is online now Find More Posts by twang
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:01 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
No progress to report on the transmitter. I will likely not report anything until it is finished and ready to ship. I will say that we are finally building home automation products using the DivBee module, so we will have an ample supply for the R/C side of our business.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:31 AM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
2,169 Posts
Jim, do you need any beta testers? I would gladly pay for the beta hardware, sign an NDA, etc. I tested new hardware/software in the telecom business for years. I'd love to test something for pleasure, not work.

I'm sure you have plenty of people begging to test for you. I guess this is just wishing out loud.

Roger
maguro is offline Find More Posts by maguro
Old Aug 11, 2012, 05:29 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro View Post
Jim, do you need any beta testers? I would gladly pay for the beta hardware, sign an NDA, etc. I tested new hardware/software in the telecom business for years. I'd love to test something for pleasure, not work.

I'm sure you have plenty of people begging to test for you. I guess this is just wishing out loud.

Roger
Jim has stated in the past that he does not use beta testers. All testing is done "in house"....
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
504 Posts
Am I wrong or is the RC side of the business enjoying a slow lingering death right now?? Im beginnig to wonder why XPS is still on RCgroups at all at this point. Its becoming obvious us RC modelers were only a step stone into more lucrative markets for XPS.
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Dec 2005
191 Posts
You think XPS is the only company that is not strictly marketing to the RC Industry? Check out Futaba for one - I know they market radio control for cranes among other things. The RC industry is comparatively small compared to most.

Jim has never made any secret that he has outside buisness interests, We should be happy that he is an RCer as well and is trying to fill a niche in the market.
j_whitney is offline Find More Posts by j_whitney
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:47 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
Jim, I have to say that I don't get this position of "no info until it's released" at this very late stage of the game. OK when it is early on and you have no idea what the timeline might be so any ETA would just be BS. Here, given product is 90% complete and you state you have FCC approval, I don't understand why you cannot at least provide a 90 day window...unless things are really not going well and there is no release date in sight (which I am beginning to suspect). Same and more so for the RX's - I really have to wonder what the 11th hour hold up really is. The refusal to communicate any sort of ETA at this point is a little wierd. It's not as if your customers will refuse to buy your product because you missed a dealine by 60 days or laud you for not telling us today that nothing is in fact forthcoming for another year. More concerning, you have no product to sell and many of your faithful customers, me included, are beginning to get concerned here. Please understand that your customers' perception of a refusal to provide information is that this is disrespectful and/or that we are being taken for granted. And nothing will lose a company customers faster than that.

I have bigger birds that need more channels and battery telemetry, so I cannot continue subsisting on nanos. I need a more comprehensive solution. Once I change over to another radio system, it ALL gets swapped out, so you lose me as a customer for good. I don't fly multiple radios. I did this with Hitec when I had radio problems. The whole kit & kaboodle got dumped except the radio, and only because you had a module for it. Hitec will never have me as a customer again. Next stop will be Futaba.

Finally, I understand that you have various business interests, but if you have chosen to be in one, you should be in all the way. Again, the impression given here is that this is a side hobby. That again does not play well with customers, and it will never work in an industry where you have a lot of competitors out there who are good at offering medium performance, but they sure do demonstrate product commitment. You will lose customers to these people unless the same can be demonstrated.

All given with respect, of course.-Marc
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Closed Thread