HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:58 PM
Sylvania, Ohio, USA
Joined Apr 2000
8 Posts
cross trimmimg

If trim switches are unassignable, does that mean that cross trimming will not br possible?
John Carle is offline Find More Posts by John Carle
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:22 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carle View Post
If trim switches are unassignable, does that mean that cross trimming will not br possible?
Trim switches will be assignable, but this is not something that I have implemented at this point.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:16 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by air mail rcg View Post
Are they here yet??????????
Hey!Thats my line!!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
Build more, websurf less
Long Valley, NJ, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,687 Posts
Jim,

Your specs say the Tx can be powered with 6v-24v. Does the Tx come equipped with a battery, or do we supply it? If we do, what are the dimensions of the battery area and what type of plug is required?

Thanks,

Paul
FlyingW is offline Find More Posts by FlyingW
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:46 PM
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2011
107 Posts
I am certain in the previous thread that Jim had 90% decided to go with the red JST plugs. I imagine the battery compartment is likely to be sized so as to hold a 9.6V NiCd pack. Also, no charging port. Battery life is expected to be astounding, depending on mAh of the battery. DAYS are possible with the right pack.

I'm certainly not trying to speak for Jim, I just know how hard it is to wait until the next afternoon/evening for an answer.
Tony37803 is offline Find More Posts by Tony37803
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:50 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,980 Posts
Jim,

If I may make a suggestion, can you make the motherboard/ io-board with enough input capabilities so that the more crazy among us (like myself) may drill the case and add on additional 3-way switches and/or rotary dials, etc? Does the cpu that u are using have additional input lines or can they be multiplexed or added on somehow without slowing the system too much?

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:33 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
No battery is included. The input connection is a red two pin JST plug (common for small Lipos). The battery compartment is designed the traditional 8 AA type drycell batteries or Nicd/Nimh battery pack. Typical current draw ranges between 60mA and 90mA (full power), depending on the frame rate. So, a 2200mAh 2S Lipo is lasting about 24 hours of continuous on time. Obviously, we don't fly that way and since it has auto-power off, it won't let itself be left on by accident. So, the battery will last a long time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:55 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Jim,

If I may make a suggestion, can you make the motherboard/ io-board with enough input capabilities so that the more crazy among us (like myself) may drill the case and add on additional 3-way switches and/or rotary dials, etc? Does the cpu that u are using have additional input lines or can they be multiplexed or added on somehow without slowing the system too much?

chewy
The 100 pin dsPIC I am using has no additional I/O available. I am using all but 7 pins, and those were not needed so they are blocked in the PCB layout. All control inputs are analog, so it is possible that you could use a switch assembly with multiple switches and resistors to obtain different input values based on which switches are toggled.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
Jim,

I know we covered a lot of battery options in the old thread, but what do you recommend as the best pack for this TX?

Also, glad that it will have an auto-shutoff feature. I used to have a low discharge lipo in my 9303 (the Rhino 3S 2650 3C TX-lipo from Hobby King). I left it on a couple times, and even with the audible beep from the TX, I still didn't realize I had left the radio on and drained the lipo both times. Wound up damaging the middle cell and had to trash the lipo. I use Sanyo Eneloops now, but the 8-cell AA holder has to be crammed in there to fit.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
I have been using an 1100mah 2 cell pack during my development as I haven't had need for anything bigger.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,922 Posts
How about a 2S A123 pack?
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
We are not giving or attempting to predict release dates for any active or future products. However, we will continue to announce products that are in development.
IIRC, it has been almost 2 years since the first system announcement.

Just out of curiosity, what is the expected development time for a system such as this?
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I have been using an 1100mah 2 cell pack during my development as I haven't had need for anything bigger.
Cool, I can get one of those easy enough from Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff View Post
Bob
Bob,

Would a 2S A123 fit in the battery box? I would think it would be too wide. But if a 2S 1100 fits, I have two of them on hand I could use, and would not need to buy a new lipo.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:07 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff View Post
Bob
It won't fit, no matter how much you try! Perhaps one of the Hobbico versions will fit just fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
IIRC, it has been almost 2 years since the first system announcement.

Just out of curiosity, what is the expected development time for a system such as this?
When we did the stuff with Graupner, it took JR right at 3 years to go from design to final release. I think I have less than 6 months (out of the last 2 years) of time actually working on the transmitter.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread