Closed Thread
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:59 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunpilot View Post
Yes, it will be yummy.

I just wish something would appear on the XPS website or we'd get some good news here.
How about it Jim ???

We're now into the second half of the year and have not had any "real" updates from you on the progress.....

Any chance you can give us an update other than, "we're still testing" ??
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:19 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,917 Posts
No updates to report.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2001
29 Posts
Here we go again. Another flurry of "Is it here yet?" posts.

Here's the "Good news": Jim will post an update when he has an update to post; until then, they're still testing and there's zero chance for an update! If you can't figure that out, you don't need a programable Tx and should probably stick to control line.
hebertjj is offline Find More Posts by hebertjj
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:23 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebertjj View Post
Here we go again. Another flurry of "Is it here yet?" posts.

Here's the "Good news": Jim will post an update when he has an update to post; until then, they're still testing and there's zero chance for an update! If you can't figure that out, you don't need a programable Tx and should probably stick to control line.
Herbert,

ONE POST in recent WEEKS asking for an "update" would hardly qualify as a "flurry of posts" !!......

If you look at MY post history, you'll see that I could really give a rat's ass if the Tx ever comes out..... I'm perfectly happy with my 9303 with the module and receivers I currently own .........

I made the post because it has been a LONG TIME since Jim has given us any kind of update.... We're now into the SECOND HALF of 2012 without any indication of an end to this ongoing saga......I did so as a "public service".....

You need to get a hold of yourself and take a chill pill !!!
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:05 PM
Plaurence
Joined Jul 2009
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
Herbert,

ONE POST in recent WEEKS asking for an "update" would hardly qualify as a "flurry of posts" !!......

If you look at MY post history, you'll see that I could really give a rat's ass if the Tx ever comes out..... I'm perfectly happy with my 9303 with the module and receivers I currently own .........

I made the post because it has been a LONG TIME since Jim has given us any kind of update.... We're now into the SECOND HALF of 2012 without any indication of an end to this ongoing saga......I did so as a "public service".....

You need to get a hold of yourself and take a chill pill !!!
I agree.
Usually, this forum keeps it's intended decorum. There was no reason for that diatribe.
plaurence is offline Find More Posts by plaurence
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:27 PM
Trex 700, Gaui X5, 450DFC
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Apr 2010
326 Posts
While this message will probably get deleted, the reality is that Jim Drew created this forum as a place to discuss the radio. No news, updates or information to feed that desire firmly falls on his plate.
It's reasonable that given the forum exists, people would want to discuss the product. It's also reasonable to expect that over time w/o a shipping product people will get frustrated.

I applaud Jim for his efforts, I hope to support him with the purchase of a system and look forward to it. In the meantime I've had to buy something else to keep my personal planes in the air.
SoarWest is offline Find More Posts by SoarWest
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Jun 2006
2 Posts
This is the first time I've checked in in about nine months or so. I was wondering if it's made it thru the FCC process. Looking forward to this system. Any ideas what the pre-production version looks like? Curious about the ergonomics is all.
JFSohm is offline Find More Posts by JFSohm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2011
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFSohm View Post
This is the first time I've checked in in about nine months or so. I was wondering if it's made it thru the FCC process. Looking forward to this system. Any ideas what the pre-production version looks like? Curious about the ergonomics is all.
Made it through the FCC. All other information is best guess, nothing official that I can recall on the ergos. Can't possibly be as bad as a Spektrum DX6 series.
Tony37803 is offline Find More Posts by Tony37803
Last edited by Tony37803; Jul 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:20 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarWest View Post
While this message will probably get deleted, the reality is that Jim Drew created this forum as a place to discuss the radio. No news, updates or information to feed that desire firmly falls on his plate.
It's reasonable that given the forum exists, people would want to discuss the product. It's also reasonable to expect that over time w/o a shipping product people will get frustrated.

I applaud Jim for his efforts, I hope to support him with the purchase of a system and look forward to it. In the meantime I've had to buy something else to keep my personal planes in the air.
I don't know why your message would be deleted. All you did was post a factual read of how the development of the transmitter is going.
What I got from this way back was that it's a sort of pet project of Mr. Drew, and he's had many, many other more important things that have sidetracked him over the years.

At this point, I'm thinking that it's a 50/50 chance of the XPS transmitter ever coming to market. That's not a criticism of Mr. Drew, but just a feeling that I've developed over time considering how things have gone and been reported in the XPS threads by him.

In the mean time, I'm just going to leave my name on the list of those wanting to buy one (or two) if it ever does come to market, and those items that his company IS selling right now are a distinct group of some of the best of the genre.
His conversion kits for radios and the accompanying receivers are a great buy and work well, so I'll just set up with what I have without having any expectations of the XPS radio being made at all.
If it does make to market, I'll just plunk down my money and go that way. If not, then I'll plunk my money down on whatever else I need and want to expand the radio systems I have.
Either way is good, and not having any expectation of the XPS radio ever being made means that I can highly respect Mr. Drew for his efforts, but also don't have to feel frustrated like so many others do.
My advice is for anyone who likes what they've heard about the XPS is get your name on the waiting list and then forget about it and keep flying what you have. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. No biggy.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:19 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Feb 2009
1,004 Posts
I think he has invested to much Money and time to not bring this to market. Also reputation is at stake. We will see it sooner or later. To much of a loss for him otherwise.

Ken
greyflight390 is online now Find More Posts by greyflight390
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Aug 2009
109 Posts
Hello

I been following this thread for some time. I would like to say that In my opinion there is a big market on the 12+ channels transmitters, After some personal research in the 9 Channel or less class the Hitec Aurora 9 is the Best Radio considering the price performance ratio, But if you want more than 9 Channels with good programming there is a big jump in price if you want something good , The Futaba Super 8 does not fill this gap.

So please Jim , I would like to be put on the List to get one of the XPS if ever come to the market.

Thanks
wwmilanl is offline Find More Posts by wwmilanl
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,917 Posts
Please send an email to our sales department (sales@xtremepowersystems.net) to be placed on the notification list for the transmitter.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Aug 2009
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Please send an email to our sales department (sales@xtremepowersystems.net) to be placed on the notification list for the transmitter.
Done Thanks
wwmilanl is offline Find More Posts by wwmilanl
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:19 AM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
503 Posts
I'll hold my breathe once the radio is released for the "notify email once back in stock" so i can perchance buy one like everything else currently on the xps website.

Mean while Im about to suit up and go unicorn hunting with my special snipe spotting scope.....

Ya'll do know know that there is great chance stock levels will be low for months after any release like XPS usually tends to do right?
Ghia is online now Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:51 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Same thing again and again. I remember when the same people said the XPS system would never come true.

Quite true that the wait is a pain. I had students waiting so long they finally went with the Hitec system. It will be hard to drag them over later. Maybe as a few get into more complex aircraft the high number of channels and the price will bring them back over. Of course there are a few still waiting too.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Closed Thread