HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,274 Posts
+1 (my posts were deleted).

Seriously, I'm looking at a DX 18 right now, but if this were release in 3 months or less, I'd wait.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:55 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Are they going to be printed display quality boxes or just an economical plain white box? Plain white is fine for direct sales, but you would need something for brick and mortar shops. Might get away with just gluing a printed sheet on the plain white box, seen a few products like this.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:56 PM
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2011
107 Posts
Jim thanks for cleaning up the thread some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Well, it is official. I have decided.....up to 32 channels..................New receiver firmware will be required to support channels 17-32...........

Is the current inventory of Nano receivers the latest revision, supporting channels 17-32 out of the box?

(Edit) Ooops, there is no current inventory, apparently. So when back in stock, are they going to be the latest revision?
Tony37803 is offline Find More Posts by Tony37803
Last edited by Tony37803; Jun 24, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:04 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefabu View Post
What is there to discuss? Is the basic design still so unfinished? Seriously, I am curious about the goal of this discussion. Are you still looking for ideas for the initial release, or at this point is the forum more about subsequent releases of the radio?
This thread is for discussing the transmitter and its features. We have been showing the basic design for more than a year, so obviously that is complete. The firmware is still be tested and changed. We have made a lot of changes based on customer input.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
The Nano has been discontinued, and is out of stock until the Nano II (revenge of the first Nano) arrives. The new Nano has the faster (4x) CPU, 4 times the code space (not that we really need it), telemetry support through one channel, and a blue LED. Pricing will remain the same.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdrew View Post
the nano has been discontinued, and is out of stock until the nano ii (revenge of the first nano) arrives. The new nano has the faster (4x) cpu, 4 times the code space (not that we really need it), telemetry support through one channel, and a blue led. Pricing will remain the same.
Yes!!!
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:48 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
The Nano has been discontinued, and is out of stock until the Nano II (revenge of the first Nano) arrives. The new Nano has the faster (4x) CPU, 4 times the code space (not that we really need it), telemetry support through one channel, and a blue LED. Pricing will remain the same.
woah, sweet.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:07 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,757 Posts
Quote:
Does that mean the Nano will support higher frame rates?
To be honest I am not looking for 32 channels, or even 16.
I want 4-6 blindingly fast ones in a nano size receiver
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:26 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Does that mean we get only 5 useable channels from this 6 ch rx?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:28 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Does that mean we get only 5 useable channels from this 6 ch rx?

chewy
My guess - user configurable
So 5 ch + 1 telemetry or 6 ch + no telemetry
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
For me the only telemetry would be signal strength so I knew when I was running into a situation and maybe pack voltage. But I understand others might have different needs.

And at the price of the nano, do you care if it has 5 channels when you can just add another receiver to get another 6 channels added? Still seems like a decent price to pay considering the price of many of the other 7, 8, or 9 channel receivers.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
...or add the coming expander, for 4+10+telemetry... or the upcoming 9 channel Rx that also has telemetry. Nano with telemetry, not something I was expecting any time soon, pretty amazing...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:23 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,120 Posts
Jim, will the Nano II provide pack voltage back to the TX, either as an integral function like the upcoming 9ch or via the telem Ch.?
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Last edited by TTRotary; Jun 24, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
50 Posts
Quote:
Will it be same size and weight?
RICHARD3851 is offline Find More Posts by RICHARD3851
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:27 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
...And at the price of the nano, do you care if it has 5 channels when you can just add another receiver to get another 6 channels added? Still seems like a decent price to pay considering the price of many of the other 7, 8, or 9 channel receivers.
I forgot about that. Not a problem, I guess, as long as they can work together. Then this begs the question: with 1 channel from each rx configured for telemetry, can we then have 2 telemetry channels, then? Maybe one for voltage and the 2nd for RSSI?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Closed Thread