HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
Quote:
...threatening to buy a different radio is amusing, I haven't seem Jim flinch yet.
I know about a lot of people who wanted this radio but already bought something else because they didnít want to wait any longer. They will not change again.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:48 AM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
I know about a lot of people who wanted this radio but already bought something else because they didnít want to wait any longer. They will not change again.
Their choice.
CiprianGugu is online now Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:10 AM
Acacia II Lunar Lander
United States, CA, LADERA RANCH
Joined Feb 2011
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen View Post
?... So... In other words... "no rush, the customers are gone!"

Rather unorthodox method of motivation, if you ask me.

The haters are gonna hate, Jim. I'm sure I'm part of the unfortunately silent majority who are patiently waiting. Sure, I'm continuing to buy new receivers for the other guys' system. With your promised prices, that will certainly be no barrier to switching, as I can easily flea-Bay the whole shebang and replace it all with XPS gear, and have enough left to pick up some new servos.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know there's one more body out here who actually appreciates the time and care you're putting into your products. Keep on keepin' on.
RCRod is offline Find More Posts by RCRod
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:38 AM
Passion
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
Yes, is was their choice they had to make because they needed to upgrade from what they had and couldnít fly with a promise of a new transmitter.

No, I donít try to motivate, I just state the facts. People didnít believe anything was coming anymore. With the 2.4 where you cannot use any brand Rx with any brand Tx like in the old days, a lot of people doesnít like to switch from one system to the next on a regular interval, they like to stay with what they know and have.

Myself, I do wait for the new transmitter as all my stuff is on XPS with modules.
Swen is offline Find More Posts by Swen
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined May 2002
246 Posts
that is why i bought an older modular 9303. i use modules: frysky, 72mhz in my older gliders, and XPS for my helis and bigger ships. I even velcroed the external XPS to my Hitec flash 5 and can have 72mhz or plug in the modual plug and have 2.4ghz!
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,601 Posts
Same here. First had an 8103, then sold it and got a 9303. Moved the module from the 8103 to the 9303 and will keep the 9303 as a backup radio once this one comes out and becomes my primary radio.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:22 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra68 View Post
Jim,

Can you talk briefly about what your current testing efforts are? I'm not asking for any kind of update on release dates or how far along you are with the testing... just curious about where the majority of the work on the new transmitter is being spent -- software coding, software integration with the hardware, flight testing, or all of the above???
E - all of the above.

We settled on the SD media card and 500 model internal memory.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,371 Posts
A "standard" PC readable filesystem on the SD card with one file per model/mix def/template so they can be backed up and copied individually? Or a separate PC-base mgmt app?

And will the XPS Lifetime Warranty apply to the new Tx as well?
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
--
United States, WA, Ravensdale
Joined Jan 2011
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
E - all of the above.

We settled on the SD media card and 500 model internal memory.
Thanks Jim! I had a couple more questions... I think I remember you saying that you had been getting a bit more into quadcopters and were trying to incorporate that into the new transmitter. Can you discuss any of that development (what exactly you're thinking of adding as far as capability)? And... were you thinking about just the transmitter aspect of it, or is XPS thinking about producing a high-quality Flight Controller board?

Thanks,
Scott
Cobra68 is offline Find More Posts by Cobra68
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2011
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra68 View Post
... is XPS thinking about producing a high-quality Flight Controller board?
Pretty sure it was going to be incorporated into a new type receiver. But JIM HAS OTHER PROJECTS TO FINISH FIRST.
Tony37803 is offline Find More Posts by Tony37803
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:19 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
A "standard" PC readable filesystem on the SD card with one file per model/mix def/template so they can be backed up and copied individually? Or a separate PC-base mgmt app?

And will the XPS Lifetime Warranty apply to the new Tx as well?
I asked the file format question before and Jim did say that it would be separate files... so whereas the file format on the Futaba 8FG is useless, this will be cool
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
578 Posts
Jim,
Would it be possible to come up with a list of PROPOSED features and general specs of the new receivers? With the knowledge that it is not cut in stone until it is on your site.
Ken
Ken Lilja is online now Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
Getting frustrated with my A9 I guess time for the xps module
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:12 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
I removed a lot of off-topic posts. Please keep this thread strictly about the transmitter features. We are not going to discuss the release date until they are in boxes ready to ship.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:39 PM
Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
421 Posts
What is there to discuss? Is the basic design still so unfinished? Seriously, I am curious about the goal of this discussion. Are you still looking for ideas for the initial release, or at this point is the forum more about subsequent releases of the radio?
prefabu is offline Find More Posts by prefabu
Closed Thread