HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Apr 2007
21 Posts
Discussion
T34 Mentor 25 ePTS

I just wanted to share some of my experience with the T34 Mentor 25 ePTS since i would like to help and avoid problems for other people.

Skill: When it comes to airplanes i am a beginner. The flights with my T34 where some of my first. Other than that i do have Helicopter experience. So on a claim day a beginner should have no problems with this plane. Just take it slow.

Manual: Take that thing and throw it out. Especially the portion about the flaps. The plane is so stable at slow flight there is no need for flaps. I haven't found a good flap setting yet. I will keep testing with them since i installed a flap servo now and let you know if i ever find a good setting.

RTF: The RTF version has these bumps on the wings which are supposed to give you more lift. I found that they make the plane very unstable in slow flight. I took them off and the T34 reacts so much better in slow flight. So my recommendation is take them off.

Other: The thing really can take a beating, especialy the front wheel. Got a little of the runway in one of my landings and hit some bump. Canopy flew off, plane jumped 3 feet in the air came back down. Canopy back on ready to fly.

Fun plane ... Looking forward to my next time out
mkosirog is offline Find More Posts by mkosirog
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:49 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,352 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:20 PM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
170 Posts
Are you talking about the leading edge droops "the bumpy things on the wings". I have had my airplane for a year and have not taken them off.
davidrd is offline Find More Posts by davidrd
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:17 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,505 Posts
the droops only really help with stalls if you can keep from stalling a lot you really dont need them

and the T-34 really is a good trainer also to any one thinking of getting one
1. get a better charger
2. get another battery pack or 2 3 packs total is ideal
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Apr 2007
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrd View Post
Are you talking about the leading edge droops "the bumpy things on the wings". I have had my airplane for a year and have not taken them off.
Yes droops thats what i was talking about. BTW this is only my opinion. I just dont like these things. It takes a bit off the direct flight feeling away from the plane.
mkosirog is offline Find More Posts by mkosirog
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
170 Posts
Yeah, I hear what you're sayin...some of the guys at my field have recommended that its time to take them off because the airplane really does fly better and more precisely without them. I just havent done it yet.
davidrd is offline Find More Posts by davidrd