HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:55 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
756 Posts
Discussion
Dave Blum Cessna 182 Short kit Help

Hi. I recently picked up one of the Dave Blum Cessna 182 short kits and had a few questions. The plans say to use a GWS DXA brushed motor but I want to put brushless, how can i put a motor mount in it? Also during building the tail end of the fuselage got crooked, how do I fix that? Is there a way to build a scale-looking cockpit? And also, does anyone know where I can get more of the Dave Blum kits?
TheBeastTamer is offline Find More Posts by TheBeastTamer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,758 Posts
To correct the fuselage 'banana', you really need to cut through the glue at the former to stringer, Just on one side should work, look to see which side still glued would look more inline. Then re-glue ensuring it's all straight.

For the motor mount, it would be handy to know what the distance would be between the existing former with the nose leg, and the motor plate. It will need the motor positioning so the the prop is clear of the cowl. You can probably do it by laying the parts on the plan. Once you know what the gap is, then what sort of mount can be decided on. Such as a balsa block if only a small gap, to a built up or pillar system if a big gap.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:08 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,758 Posts
Just did a search and found - DBlum Cessna 182 build thread

So it looks like most of your questions may be answered there.

Good luck with the build, looks a nice one.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:41 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jan 2012
756 Posts
Does anyone know what size balsa sticks I will need?
TheBeastTamer is offline Find More Posts by TheBeastTamer