HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Discussion
Team Edge RC go kart steering adjustment

What is the average setting for steering.
Elfie is offline Find More Posts by Elfie
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:26 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfie View Post
What is the average setting for steering.

What do you mean by steering? To many answers bro to give on this one. Can you be more specific.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:09 PM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
What you needing help with Elfie? Can't help with what you don't tell. ")

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Maybe he figured it out

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Its my endpoints I guess. How much do you use?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
A good rule of thumb is to use what you like. I can only suggest what to dial in. What radio do you have? The one I use for my kart goes 1-100. Last I looked I had 73/63. Also be sure your kart turns even in both directions. If it turns sharper left than right, dial down your left number setting. If you need more steering on the left then increase the number. Same with the right side. Adjust to where both right and left side are even turn at mid to full throttle. For instance mine is or last I looked, 73/63 Make sense? You can also use lead slugs to balance the kart. I don't since all can be dialed from my radio. Plus were not going 45 or 50mph like my touring and F1s.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:23 AM
Me Toby You?
Jacksonville FL
Joined Jan 2011
423 Posts
Quote:
Its my endpoints I guess. How much do you use?

Endpoints being as Lead decribed? The amount of travel or limitation to each side when you turn? Not your overall radius right?

Toby
Toby Warren is offline Find More Posts by Toby Warren
Old May 01, 2012, 07:56 PM
Team Edge
Joined Oct 2011
924 Posts
We sold Elfie a GTB series. His setting should be close to yours or mine. As I take a peek at your numbers, yours are slightly off than mine. Close enough however where he can get an idea of where is should be as for endpoints.

Robert
Team Edge RC is offline Find More Posts by Team Edge RC
Old May 02, 2012, 09:27 PM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Elfie did you get your radio tweeked out? If not, hit JB up. He can reprogram it for you.

Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old May 04, 2012, 11:31 AM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
No I have not done a thing to my radio. Should it be programmed and what difference would it make? I did manage to set my steering thanks to everyone. I didn't know what I did. I hit something on my radio where it set my steering to turn right more than left. Thanks everyone for the help.
Old May 05, 2012, 10:26 PM
DMonster
Central Alabama
Joined Oct 2010
136 Posts
Quote:
No I have not done a thing to my radio. Should it be programmed and what difference would it make? I did manage to set my steering thanks to everyone. I didn't know what I did. I hit something on my radio where it set my steering to turn right more than left. Thanks everyone for the help.
Don't feel bad when my radio arrived I screwed it all up. So bad I had to send it in to Todd so he could set it then turn around send it back and guide me through the setup for my kart. Now thats bad.
dmonster is offline Find More Posts by dmonster
Old May 07, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
What ever you do Elfie don't go messing with the expos on channel 1 and 2. You'll be opening up a entire new can of worms.

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Old May 08, 2012, 12:08 AM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motty View Post
What ever you do Elfie don't go messing with the expos on channel 1 and 2. You'll be opening up a entire new can of worms.

Motty

I was told not to use the expos as they weren't needed for the karts per Robert, Mitch and Todd. They never told me why though.
Old May 08, 2012, 05:40 PM
MightyDog
Southern state of Alabama
Joined Jan 2010
221 Posts
Yeah dad and I don't use the expos settings on our radios. It doesn't never seem to work well. One side always turns faster than the other. Everyone who races with this radio has the same problems unless JB down in Florida programs it for you. To us its not worth messing with as theres no needed for it in onroad racing. Maybe offroad?

DigDug
DigDug is offline Find More Posts by DigDug
Old May 11, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigDug View Post
Yeah dad and I don't use the expos settings on our radios. It doesn't never seem to work well. One side always turns faster than the other. Everyone who races with this radio has the same problems unless JB down in Florida programs it for you. To us its not worth messing with as theres no needed for it in onroad racing. Maybe offroad?

DigDug

I don't use expo and I don't know anyone else who does either.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman