HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
75 Posts
Help!
Ttian 450 V3 - Speed Wobble ??

my heli has developed all of a sudden - a wobble - similar to a speed wobble on a bike - i have checked blade balancing and tracking - i 've replaced main shaft after a recent small crash - during low level hovering training.
When ive started the motor up without the head runs smoothly - even when i;ve put the head on and stated up without blades all seems fine.
I've tightened up all the frame bolts
Only when the heli leaves the ground does the speed wobble start.
Could it be the belt that i replaced - maybe too tight / too loose
Anybody have this experience ?
Capetonian is online now Find More Posts by Capetonian
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:26 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
75 Posts
Found the problem - after looking thru the other heli neewb forums
I needed to change the (blade grips)feathering shaft - it was slightly bent - so lesson learnt is - if you bend your mainshaft - you will probably have bent your feathering shaft as well
Capetonian is online now Find More Posts by Capetonian
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
Pretty much anytime you crash an fp heli you will replace these items: rotors, main shaft, blade grips, links, feathering shaft (spindle), swashplate, nylon gears in servos, tail boom, boom supports and tail shaft. If none of these items break, always buy a new main shaft and feathering shaft.
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli