HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Discussion
DJI S800 Build and Info. thread

Waiting for Fed Ex this morning (says before 10:30am).
Will update this thread with pics etc. as it comes.
UAVProducts is online now Find More Posts by UAVProducts
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:29 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,320 Posts
Robert, I too wait. The package is in Las Vegas. Not yet on the truck. Unfortunately, I don't get home until 8pm tonight. You should be built and flying by then. Can't wait to hear your impressions with one actually to fly rather than play with at NAB. Enjoy.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Robert, I too wait. The package is in Las Vegas. Not yet on the truck. Unfortunately, I don't get home until 8pm tonight. You should be built and flying by then. Can't wait to hear your impressions with one actually to fly rather than play with at NAB. Enjoy.
I hear ya Ed.

Post your build etc.. in this thread. It will be nice to have one thread with S800 info. I'll do my best to not let it get clogged but that is the way of the forums....
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:37 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,320 Posts
Shall do. I have to test my WKM before I mount it on the S800. Had a pick up the pieces crash inverted. I have done some bench testing and every thing seems to be working, but until it is in the air you never know. Worst case I will be flying with a Naza for the time being. That should be interesting.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Package stuck in customs. Should never have started the post until I physically had the package. Knew it would jinx me.

Will see how many days its delayed. URGH!!!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:54 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,320 Posts
Mine has not moved since it arrived in Las Vegas. It did clear customs in Anchorage though.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
395 Posts
revazor you are killing me
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:05 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,320 Posts
Mine arrived. Photos to follow.
Site Sponsor
Old May 01, 2012, 12:38 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,320 Posts
Ok, I have my WKM mounted. The instructions in the box contradict the manual. The paper says, "Attention, The screws in the bottom board have been installed with screw glue, which is slightly different from that in the manual. To avoid any damages, please do not unscrew the installed screws with screw glue in the bottom board." There is no way to remove the top plate so I unscrewed the bottom plate. I don't know what kind of screw glue that they used but it was colorless and left no residue. Very different from what I am used to. Oh well the bottom plate, all CF came off so I was able to position the components. You would think with a 800mm hexa, you would have a ton of room. Not so. There is a center stud, and the arm clamps take up a lot of room. My Data Link will have to go on the bottom of the bottom plate. All the power routing is done on the top plate. There are XT plugs for the lipo, the PMU and the gimbal. I will probably unsolder the gimbal power for now and I have to solder a dean's plug on the power lead. All the arms are black but there are leds under each motor. I hope they have some color to them for orientation. Otherwise I will be stuck with the mode LED for an indication of what this big bird is doing. Enough talk, here are some pictures.
Site Sponsor
Old May 01, 2012, 12:52 AM
Private Pilot
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Jul 2009
1,270 Posts
Looks very nice
Twister773 is offline Find More Posts by Twister773
Old May 01, 2012, 12:55 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Ed, I didn't remove the top plate to install WKM. Takes a little time; FC can be installed thru the top hole.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old May 01, 2012, 01:02 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,320 Posts
I did not either. The paper insert was somewhat confusing saying not to remove the screws in the bottom plate. You have to do that to install all the components. I did place the IMU through the hole in the top plate to make sure that the alignment was correct and the IMU did not touch the sides of the top plate. You can see from the 5th photo how I mounted the rest of the components. I am completing the LG right now. After I do that, I can decide where to put the lipos.
Site Sponsor