SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by xfatdannx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
993 Posts
Discussion
So i got another plane...

And boy i can not WAIT to get this in the air. Its gonna be fun! My first EDF.

Build will prolly take me a few days. Its my first plane that i had to do more than snap the main wing in and go. I also want to go over this very methodically b/c of the issues i have heard with it. Measure twice cut once, eh?

*update*

Just a quick little video. Did not get the whole flight.

Starmax A-10 sold by BananaHobby (1 min 6 sec)
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Last edited by xfatdannx; Sep 17, 2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added video.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:25 AM
Haul ass! Turn left sometimes
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined May 2011
106 Posts
Very awesome plane! Looks great!
MiG-3 Reno Rocket is offline Find More Posts by MiG-3 Reno Rocket
Old May 04, 2012, 06:04 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
993 Posts
Updates on the plane.

Still looking for the pilot i want. Might just grab a PZ Habu pilot and stick it in there.

I got really bored with how the cockpit looked so i started doing something about it. Pic below. It was just the same color as the rest of the plane before. I also plan on going back with a fine brush and some white paint and making a little gauge cluster. It wont be perfect with it being that small but it will be better than nothing.

Also after tipping on the first attempted take off i decide no more flying this thing (at least not on gear) until i fix that. The only fix i could think of was drop 50 bones on an Eflite steerable nose gear (bc i wanted to go servoless). Then while checking it out BAM! it hit me! Just get another 15 dollar hobbypartz retract (Like the ones i have for the main) b/c the steering mechanism on the stock set up is on the strut! I test fit it and the stock strut, below, will fit the hobbypartz retract. Once that comes in i will be ready to fly her again!

Also this weekend i plan on attempting the 'Sergey Method' of balancing my edfs. Noticed some scratches on the walls of the fan mount so it out of balance some where. Will have an update on how that process works out. Stick around!
Old May 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,824 Posts
We should go out to omahawks soon and fly our a-10s at the same time.
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
Old May 16, 2012, 07:54 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
993 Posts
I'm pretty tied up until the weekend and it looks like rain is in the forecast.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
993 Posts
****deleted****