Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 29, 2012, 12:14 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Mopar: I just knew you would show up sooner or later. You've got more HP hardware than most, so I'm curious about which composit racer you'll start with
So far, I must honestly say that I am leaning toward the "X" plane that you have been tinkering with. The jury isnt out yet, and I am waiting on Arctics new plane to arrive so we can see the improovements to the airframe.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 01:45 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,362 Posts
AIR...or lack of it!

Mopar - The bacK of the plane is open and I have holes top and bottom behind the wing...the problem is that no air gets past the battery to head to the back and out...and my reversed NACA's up front are doing their job and exhausting the motor air (which was a problem at the start).
Didn't want to cut any more holes in the Fuz but might have to put a NACA in the side next to the ESC (to get it some air).

Just did a tracking check and the package is ready to cross the pond... the last one took two weeks. It really depends on the Customs Trolls as well
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old May 29, 2012, 02:30 PM
What is Highspeed ?
Germany, BY, Bergen
Joined Feb 2011
512 Posts
cooling

he has fresh air ;-)

its from the speedcup last weekend in Bad Wünneberg.

have fun with watching

Doppelprinz Speedcup Wünnenberg .mp4 (3 min 39 sec)

Speedcup Wünnenberg 2012.mp4 (3 min 24 sec)

greez
rolf
Rolf D. is offline Find More Posts by Rolf D.
Old May 29, 2012, 03:52 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
1,937 Posts
More please Rolf!
DownUnderPilot is online now Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old May 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,362 Posts
I'd like to have that twin engine airframe...I'd put twin 40mm's in it!
Old May 29, 2012, 04:07 PM
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer View Post
...I'd put twin 40mm's in it!
dont even think about Henke´s solution!!

Yello
Mreyello is online now Find More Posts by Mreyello
Old May 29, 2012, 04:36 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Mopar - The back of the plane is open and I have holes top and bottom behind the wing...the problem is that no air gets past the battery to head to the back and out...and my reversed NACA's up front are doing their job and exhausting the motor air (which was a problem at the start).
Didn't want to cut any more holes in the Fuz but might have to put a NACA in the side next to the ESC (to get it some air).

Just did a tracking check and the package is ready to cross the pond... the last one took two weeks. It really depends on the Customs Trolls as well
Boy ............. I sure feel stupid now !!!!

moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old May 29, 2012, 05:40 PM
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
849 Posts
Quote:
Mopar - The bacK of the plane is open and I have holes top and bottom behind the wing...the problem is that no air gets past the battery to head to the back and out...and my reversed NACA's up front are doing their job and exhausting the motor air (which was a problem at the start).
The fuse end is a region of low pressure for sure, but if you follow Bernoulli´s law the holes behind the wing are located in a high preassure area so may be you get a useless airflow in the tailarm?
The nacas at the front are at an area of high speed airflow and therefor low preassure so the nacas will work no matter which direction they have!

Yello
Mreyello is online now Find More Posts by Mreyello
Old May 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,362 Posts
The sinks and fan work Put the Typhoon back in while the NEU is getting worked on 5S setup with the 7x13 folders everything was identical to a previous flight with the same battery and the Max temp went from 179F to a Max temp tonight of 130F and that without cutting any more holes in the Plane...I'm happy

Now if there is an epoxy out there to mount the sinks permanently that will not conduct electricity I would love to get my hands on it?!?
Last edited by arcticflyer; May 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:02 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
930 Posts
Quote:

Now if there is an epoxy out there to mount the sinks permanently that will not conduct electricity I would love to get my hands on it?!?

EDIT: Look at the post further down, i linked the wrong one

This thing exists

Arctic Silver Epoxy

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...l_adhesive.htm

I've used it to attach heatsinks to esc's before without problem.
Used in performance PC/Server building. Ask at computer shops.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Last edited by sykotic; May 29, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,362 Posts
Thanks Bro...I'll check it out!

Found it...

This could be a problem with my application: "Negligible Electrical Conductivity:
Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity. NOTE: Even though Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive is specifically engineered for high electrical resistance, it should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. The cured adhesive is slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridged two close-proximity electrical paths".

There are large possitive and Negative bars that go down the sides of the Ice lite where all the fets hook in I guess I could leave the rubber stuff on them and just dab the epoxy on the fets...have to give this some thought and check with some of the super smart electrical guys.
Last edited by arcticflyer; May 29, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:30 PM
200mph +
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
930 Posts
I should have linked you to this one:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_a...l_adhesive.htm

It's totally not conductive, but it's heat properties are not QUITE as good as the silver one above. But its safe as, i've seen idiots at my work pile a ram stick full of it and doesn't cause any issues.

Pure Electrical Insulator:
Arctic Alumina Adhesive is a pure electrical
insulator, neither electrically conductive nor capacitive.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Last edited by sykotic; May 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:20 AM
What is Highspeed ?
Germany, BY, Bergen
Joined Feb 2011
512 Posts
Quote:
The sinks and fan work Put the Typhoon back in while the NEU is getting worked on 5S setup with the 7x13 folders everything was identical to a previous flight with the same battery and the Max temp went from 179F to a Max temp tonight of 130F and that without cutting any more holes in the Plane...I'm happy

Do you have motor ? Lipo and than ECS build in all with long cables ?
and that by this high amps

btw. here a flight from the speedcup with the fastest E-Speeder 473 km/h

Weirich E Speeder verkleinert.mp4 (4 min 3 sec)
Rolf D. is offline Find More Posts by Rolf D.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:30 AM
Prince Albert, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
21 Posts
Hey Skip... Check you email... Your NEU is fixed.... .... 250 here we come!!!
Cat 1 is offline Find More Posts by Cat 1
Old May 30, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,362 Posts
Thanks Chris...I checked the email this morning before I stumbled over here. I agree the cap screws seam like a better solution...YeeeHaaa the NEU is fixed. Need some Boca ceramics now going to order them this morning.

Now I need some batteries that are up to the task of 250amps

Thanks for the link Sykotic that looks like the stuff that I need...should work perfect for this app.

Hey Rolf - The motor wires are long but the battery wires and ESC wires are not. I'm going to check with the ESC guys on another thread to see about adding Caps or if I even need to (am thinking that I will).

That plane is the one I wanted to see! Great stuff wish they would use a better video camera...and good grief how in the world do they fly looking straight into the sun...I would have lost my plane for sure!
Last edited by arcticflyer; May 30, 2012 at 09:47 AM.