HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Help!
Nine Eagles Bravo SX

I need your help!
I am a newbie with RC Heli, my Bravo SX would not go up even if I am at full throttle.
I thought it was my battery, since it is puffed. I ordered turnigy, but after trying one batt, still it would only fly /go up approximately 3 feet and unstable. Then would go down eventually in less than 1-2minutes.

Any help is highly appreciated to troubleshoot my problem.

THANKS A LOT!!
irvinrhey is offline Find More Posts by irvinrhey
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:08 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinrhey View Post
I need your help!
I am a newbie with RC Heli, my Bravo SX would not go up even if I am at full throttle.
I thought it was my battery, since it is puffed. I ordered turnigy, but after trying one batt, still it would only fly /go up approximately 3 feet and unstable. Then would go down eventually in less than 1-2minutes.

Any help is highly appreciated to troubleshoot my problem.

THANKS A LOT!!
Either something is binding somewhere, which can be checked if you manually rotate the blades, and carefully feel if you meet any sudden added resistance. Or your SX has a bad main motor, tends to happen once in a while. Often this shows as short flight times.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
I did dis-assemble the parts, cleaned the main shaft. Even clean the bearing set and swash plate with alcohol (I just don't know if this is ok..=D). Though I could feel some still some resistance, when rotating the main blade, the SX now flies, even at half throttle..!=).
Another problem however, there's (heavy) shuddering when I go left.. But at least I am back on flying this heli..=) Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:01 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Glad you got the heli back in the air. Perhaps something was poorly lubricated, or some dust had settled in a wrong spot. As for the shudder, it's also a common thing on the SX. Some solutions are discussed in this sticky: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337008
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:13 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Glad you got the heli back in the air. Perhaps something was poorly lubricated, or some dust had settled in a wrong spot. As for the shudder, it's also a common thing on the SX. Some solutions are discussed in this sticky: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1337008
Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Aug 2008
106 Posts
Check on this forum under the main heli section and there is an extensive thread on this heli. I have one of these too and it'll do the shudder thing. The thread says this is normal for this heli.

Mike
ferret dad is offline Find More Posts by ferret dad