SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
718 Posts
Either Medium CA which is what is in the manual or Gorilla Glue. That's what I'm using, check out previous posts. It works well on EPO if the surfaces are prepped well, the only difference with CA is that GG is not as brittle and more like epoxy (somehow flexible) which I prefer for big/stress areas like wings and tails.
Castel101 is offline Find More Posts by Castel101
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,676 Posts
Speaking of glue. Has anyone tried the CA with rubber in it? It sounds like the best of all possible worlds if they got it right. I have had good results with both epoxy and Gorilla Glue though I understand that there's some variations in EPO that might cause either one to work better on a specific model. The main thing is surface prep. Clean with rubbing alcohol or other solvent that won't dissolve the foam, sand the surfaces, then clean them again before glueing. It seems to help to make some little holes, so the pieces are "keyed" together, as well.
peterlngh is online now Find More Posts by peterlngh
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:49 PM
Lipo Burner
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Mar 2012
698 Posts
Finally some good weather this weekend. Looks like a maiden of the 6s zephyr is on the way. The battery is too tall to fit in the canopy, but I'm thinking of cutting out the bottom foam and replacing it with a strip of glass fiber. Pray for good weather guys!
dcame002 is offline Find More Posts by dcame002
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,676 Posts
FYI. The Zephyr is now available from the U.S. warehouse.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:34 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Hey all. My maiden flight is scheduled for tomorrow morning but I have a concern. I am flying with a thunder power g6 3300 and spectrum r600x receiver. I had to add to the nose a 9 volt battery and 3 quarters taped together to get the C.G. at 78mm. Does this sound right? Seems like a lot of extra weight. I am so concerned that I went and purchased a Great Planes CG balancer so I could check it with something other than my fingers. Is adding weight to the noes, (a lot), normal for this bird? PLEASE someone let me know something before I fly.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Aug 2011
807 Posts
Yes it is normal.
I run a 3s 3600mah battery and it just balances within specs.
jim350 is online now Find More Posts by jim350
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:04 AM
United States, MA, Newburyport
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
Just set mine up. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the motor. No reaction to the throttle stick. I have swapped out a different RX and ESC, still have the same problem. Not sure what could be wrong but it seems as if I have a bad motor. Any easy way to rule that out?
dugmar is offline Find More Posts by dugmar
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:13 PM
GBX
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
338 Posts
just for fun hook up the battery and adjust the trim down for the throttle to see if you can get the esc to arm
GBX is offline Find More Posts by GBX
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,676 Posts
Good suggestion, GBX. And, if that has no effect, try plugging it in with the throttle all the way up. Dugmar might have the throttle reversed. That little pickle cost me a very frustrating afternoon!
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:09 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugmar View Post
Just set mine up. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the motor. No reaction to the throttle stick. I have swapped out a different RX and ESC, still have the same problem. Not sure what could be wrong but it seems as if I have a bad motor. Any easy way to rule that out?
Did you calibrate the throttle range by binding it at full throttle, waiting for beeps, then reducing throttle to zero?
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:00 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Well, no maiden today due to rain... Tomorrow hopefully. Does anyone know how the stock esc holds up? I Have never flown with one of these but I do like the ease of programming and it looks to be of good quality. Any +'s or -'s you guys know of?
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Last edited by av8ersteve; Sep 01, 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: fixed 's
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:28 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jan 2010
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Well, no maiden today due to rain... Tomorrow hopefully. Does anyone know how the stock esc holds up? I Have never flown with one of these but I do like the ease of programming and it looks to be of good quality. Any +'s or -'s you guys know of?
I only have maybe an hour's use in the Zephyr but it seems to be working fine. I think it's the same type as used in my Dynamic-S and that one has a lot more usage on it, again with no problems.
banjo328 is offline Find More Posts by banjo328
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:44 PM
GBX
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
338 Posts
Added some New Stuff Film to my wings and added these to help the bolts from getting caught on landings (from a defunk Kinetic 800) still waitting for a first flight
GBX is offline Find More Posts by GBX
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:22 PM
Lipo Burner
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Mar 2012
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo328 View Post
I only have maybe an hour's use in the Zephyr but it seems to be working fine. I think it's the same type as used in my Dynamic-S and that one has a lot more usage on it, again with no problems.
Good ESc. Will handle 65 amps
dcame002 is offline Find More Posts by dcame002
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:45 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Added some New Stuff Film to my wings and added these to help the bolts from getting caught on landings (from a defunk Kinetic 800) still waitting for a first flight
What size New Stuff did you put on the wings?.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk