HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIHorseman View Post
Are these available in the U.S. warehouse from hobbyking?
Nah only International so far as far as i can tell
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
My tracking # from Hobby King says its at China Peoples Rep. It's journey to my front door has begun.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:18 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,882 Posts
Heres a little flight from today with a different view on things, and with a little extra added on for fun.

Running 4s 3000mah 20-30c Turnigy that just cant handle the amp draw of the fan. I have the ESC mounted externally as you'll see at the end of the video.

Im happy with its performance and its a hoot to fly even with the 3-4 minute flight times!!!

Enjoy!

HK ZephyrV70 Fun times! (4 min 50 sec)
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:10 AM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
318 Posts
Dx7 - v70

cool view in ur video TS..

Any of you cats already flying using a DX7..???
Keen to know what settings you have ended up with?

Cheers Brad.
R.T.K.F is online now Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined May 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F View Post

Cheers Brad.
I must be the only person on this forum who uses Graupner
B34N is offline Find More Posts by B34N
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:49 PM
Lipo Burner
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Mar 2012
696 Posts
After a few days vacation in Cancun, I'm finally able to get back to the RC world.....

Changesun 10 blade fan is currently balanced and installed in my zephyr. I was going to run 5s, but there still wasn't enough thrust. I believe it may be due to the intakes......

I am now running a 6s zippy flightmax 2200mah 45c battery. Thrust is much better...... around 1.5 kg. at 1450 watts peak on a full charge, I believe 1200 settled gonna test again later

The sound is amazing. My ears happily ring from the white noise. If i stand the plane up vertically, it begins to take off at full throttle. Fun stuff..

Setup

Zephyr.....
New stuff 5 mil on wings and control surfaces
carbon rod in the ailerons
changesun 70mm 10 blade
turnigy 2100kv motor
80a esc
zippy flightmax 45c

Should fly like a little faster than a stock habu lol

EDIT:
Did some more testing today with the plane hanging on a string..... I'm pulling 1215 watts settled with a 1560 amp peak when I let the battery get a low throttle break. Plane will kinda hover at 2/3 throttle, and takes off at around 3/4. No clue of efflux speed, but I'm only shooting for around 115mph top speed, as any faster the flying field runs out too fast.....The whole purpose of this crazy setup is to have similar vertical performance to a hotliner...PS its hell trying to fit everything. I have to tape up my canopy to keep it closed.
dcame002 is offline Find More Posts by dcame002
Last edited by dcame002; Aug 24, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F View Post

Cheers Brad.
Cheers Brad!

I think next time I'll do some high speed runs leading into vertical climb with some sweet wing overs with the same view and no ribbon to slow me down!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2011
713 Posts
I just got this plane. Looks like it's going to be a blast to fly! I've read most of the recommendations here and how it seems a better compromise to use 3S instead of 4S because of possible wing fluttering with increase speed.

My question is, does anybody know how many amps the stock ESC/Motor/Fan pull with 3S and 4S? Is the Motor and ESC up to the task ok with 4S? I read the ESC was a 55Amps one, is that correct?

Thanks!
Castel101 is online now Find More Posts by Castel101
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
Lipo Burner
United States, FL, Sunrise
Joined Mar 2012
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel101 View Post
I just got this plane. Looks like it's going to be a blast to fly! I've read most of the recommendations here and how it seems a better compromise to use 3S instead of 4S because of possible wing fluttering with increase speed.

My question is, does anybody know how many amps the stock ESC/Motor/Fan pull with 3S and 4S? Is the Motor and ESC up to the task ok with 4S? I read the ESC was a 55Amps one, is that correct?

Thanks!
It will definitely handle the power of 4s. You're peaking at 45-50 amps 3s depending on the battery. 4s will pull around 60 If i remember. A few guys here fly on 4s. Just make sure u shift the cg more forward if using 4s (suggestion from scott at HK)
dcame002 is offline Find More Posts by dcame002
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:28 AM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2010
247 Posts
buddy trying he's new toy

Hobbyking Durafly Zephyr V70 EDF Glider (5 min 51 sec)
Westwood is offline Find More Posts by Westwood
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:41 AM
Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg
Joined Sep 2005
265 Posts
fuselage lex

Hm, anybody notice fuselage flex, in this case meaning the whole rear boom bending/hanging down?

I noticed the following: I had to add elevator uptrim over the last month just to keep it flying straight. I experienced with adding some ballast up front again, but that didn't change anything.

I suspect the the whole rear of the fuselage is wearing out (after +- fifty flights) and the V-tail begins to have a down-attitude, which need huge amounts of up-elevator to compensate. I had this problem already with another plane : I corrected it by simply bending the tail upwards, and the tendency 'to go down' was gone...
Aender69 is online now Find More Posts by Aender69
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:58 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Does anyone fly this thing like a glider? How does it thermal, or slope?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Hey guy's, almost bought this plane but got the Dynamic-S instead. I just got it and built it but never have flown it...Check this out!! www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1718342 Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:35 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Does anyone fly this thing like a glider? How does it thermal, or slope?
Still at the field about to go home. Flew my V70 for 2 flights this morning. After a couple low fly-bys, I take it up to about 500 feet and shut the motor off and glide it around till it gets low, then go up and do it again. It's as much fun flown as a glider.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Still at the field about to go home. Flew my V70 for 2 flights this morning. After a couple low fly-bys, I take it up to about 500 feet and shut the motor off and glide it around till it gets low, then go up and do it again. It's as much fun flown as a glider.
Sweeeeeet..... I've been waiting on mine to arive now for over a week. Thats what I've been waiting to hear. I want to quietly glide in the back ground then turn everone's head while I climb back to altitude with them thinking "what the ".....